Canvas Thread

Harpo Marx

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
how the fuck do you all get lines so perfect? everything i try goes to shit, tape and everything, it always fucks up lines and other stencil type stuff

if your really want to use tape to mask things off, the type of tape your using is very important. go to an art supply store or a house painting store and ask about tapes. there are kinds for paper and or other things that will work better then jsut any old tape yo find laying around.

but also trying to practice are arm control drawing straight lines and perfect circles. sounds silly but is harder then it seems and is good practice for all other art-related pursuits.

if your really want to use tape to mask things off, the type of tape your using is very important. go to an art supply store or a house painting store and ask about tapes. there are kinds for paper and or other things that will work better then jsut any old tape yo find laying around.

but also trying to practice are arm control drawing straight lines and perfect circles. sounds silly but is harder then it seems and is good practice for all other art-related pursuits.

the blue painting tape works pretti good i use this clear book tape that works pretty good too.

just one thats fresh man the pole with the wires and birds u did them or are the birds stenciled

Good old fashioned paintbrush and acrylic. The trick is to be confident. It is not a very accurate copy of the original image but it works on its own. Stencils tend to look the shit if done well but take forever and there is a major risk of fucking up. Trying to keep a steady hand is good meditation.

I didn't make this:

Lil-Jon-Crunk-Juice-Poster-C12185962.jpeg

But it's fucking rad. Why can't all the shitty "graffiti related" canvases in here look more like this shit and less like the ass suck they all look like?

Oh don't get all bent out of shape. This thread is way too fucking sensative.

mwahahaha that secret will die with me!

nah, just joking. without being too specific, check those "bargain" stores. you know the huge warehouse types run by a family of indians which sell everything cheap or knock off prices.

they was a poundshop in notts i went in that had them for a pound in there