Canvas Thread

Harpo Marx

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

in my opinion art is art... if you like it then be happy with it... Im never really happy with much of my stuff... but when I really like something im proud to show it off.

it doesnt matter what medium or what you do or how good you are at it... if you like doing it then do it

nice work... gallery looks tight as well. not criticizing just asking, but do you always leave the sides of the canvases white? it looks like you went on the side of the one with the eye near the left edge. is it a concious decision to keep the sides clean?

all graff and art.........all tha same...jus that the walls a lil more heavy

Yes !!! However you are an exception to the rule so to speak. Like your canvas portraits ... Absolutely beautiful ... That is Art ... Done in aerosol. Its not graffiti.

I don't see you putting letters on your recently posted canvases.

But I am sure if you did they would look sick !!!

It gets very boring to me when too many kids hit canvas with letters and over sprayed backgrounds and they all look so similar, almost formulaic.

To me that's not art ... Pushing your abilities on all levels is art. Art is growth, progression and exploration. Doing the same exact thing scaled down to a 16x20 canvas that you would do on a wall isn't pushing yourself, its doing what you know and are comfortable with.

Graffiti ... I guess IMHO ... Is only the illegal act of putting a medium on something that doesn't belong to you. If you bought the canvas and did the same work on a canvas its not graffiti. Its art ... And I would say the two do meet ... however its a freaking blurry line.

I noticed you think I'm a prick ... but this is the INTERNET. Take it with a grain of salt !!

Yes !!! However you are an exception to the rule so to speak. Like your canvas portraits ... Absolutely beautiful ... That is Art ... Done in aerosol. Its not graffiti.

I don't see you putting letters on your recently posted canvases.

But I am sure if you did they would look sick !!!

It gets very boring to me when too many kids hit canvas with letters and over sprayed backgrounds and they all look so similar, almost formulaic.

To me that's not art ... Pushing your abilities on all levels is art. Art is growth, progression and exploration. Doing the same exact thing scaled down to a 16x20 canvas that you would do on a wall isn't pushing yourself, its doing what you know and are comfortable with.

Graffiti ... I guess IMHO ... Is only the illegal act of putting a medium on something that doesn't belong to you. If you bought the canvas and did the same work on a canvas its not graffiti. Its art ... And I would say the two do meet ... however its a freaking blurry line.

I noticed you think I'm a prick ... but this is the INTERNET. Take it with a grain of salt !!

the kids but there learning as we all are..and will forever i guess.

we`ve all been there i hope.

graffiti was a term used to describe early the aerosol artists/writers by the general public...not by the aerosol artists/writers....so it can get confusing.

artists who stencil are seen as graffiti artists....but there not writers!

anyway this could go on forever!!....

its all about getting up in anyway possible....planes,trains,canvas.

cheers 4 the complements.....