Canvas Thread

Harpo Marx

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

so

for all of you who use tubed paints and brushes like me...

im use only acrlyics.. i guess i work slower now . taking time to make it look better

but u know that shit dries so fast. i dont hav etime to blend my colors the way id like.

so do any of you guys use oils?

seeing it takes days to dry.. are they easier to blend?

or harder to work with..

whats the scooop

:o

so

for all of you who use tubed paints and brushes like me...

im use only acrlyics.. i guess i work slower now . taking time to make it look better

but u know that shit dries so fast. i dont hav etime to blend my colors the way id like.

so do any of you guys use oils?

seeing it takes days to dry.. are they easier to blend?

or harder to work with..

whats the scooop

:o

If you think acrylics are hard, oil paints are going to drive you insane. And because you are so used to acrylics, you might forget that they take a while to dry- this will eventually lead to smudging, it happens often. And I just hate seeing smudges on anything I do.

And as far as blending with oils go, pffffft... I don't know. Just keep on painting and you'll get the hand of it. I just started using oils too, I think they're annoying. By the way, there might be applications that will slow down the drying process of acrylics in a Michael's (that art/craft's store) in your area.

I have a canvas from like a year ago that I haven't even finished or touched in a while. I'll try to get a flick of it, quit horrible and not even close to being finished.

-J.

ps- BTW, I am by no means an expert or anything like that. I just picked up these paint shits a while back. You can only do black and white drawings for so long. And um... Why don't you just try blending with watercolors? They are a lot easier to work with.