Canvas Thread

Harpo Marx

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
damn do u sell?

Check that Mistery !!

Much better, keep going ... this is a never ending learning process. No artist has it perfected ...even masters works mature as they get older and have more experiences to draw from.

Try some subject matter now too ... put some random drawing in there(not this one but your next) ... Just dont resort to letters, its too easy and its not flexing that grey matter enough. try a charcter or some trees and clouds ... or just some random shit like that. But think about your placement ... make it work with your backgrounds ... not fight it.

what shoul di use to paint on them with

Dont ask me !! figure it out on your own.

You can use decos, or acrylic paints with brushes ... The brush work would be better exercise in my opinion.

And to keep from having too much chatter here is bad photo of an oil from like 98 or 99 it may already be in the thread way back.

canvas1.jpg

nice stuff

but why not make the arms and torso extend all the way to the edge of the canvas. It looks a little spacey with them just hanging there.

it helps with the illusion that these things are iconic images rather than a representation of realism. it breaks your brains process of trying make them three dimensional. artsy fartsy shit.

Goddamnit. I hate this thread now.

JUSTONE, I agree. Someone needs to be in here cracking whips again. Maybe I can talk Seeks back into it, but I doubt it.

There seems to be a whole lot of congadulatory back slapping over the most bullshit work.

Lando is an exception. Nice work, man.

Haven't you guys learned anything yet? Paint splatters, overspray, layered drips...it's all bullshit without anything to it. Half the shit in here looks like you just did what you do in a black book on a canvas, but with paint pens. Whats the point in that? Don't any of you push yourself? Someone asked a few pages back about opaque lines. Try a brush and mixing different kinds of inks and paints. Really, if you aren't going to do anything but simples with drips and shit, just stop and go doodle in your books.

Doesn't anyone use a damn brush? or anything besides paint pens. Fuck I'd be psyched on some charcoal drawings. Something. You guys are better than this, and you should know better.

i agree its kind of whack to just rock paint pens on a canvas lol whats the point? alot of you guys are limiting yourself by not trying new mediums, have any of you ever experienced water colors? like good quality not that shit dehydrated in the tray lol, you get the dopest of colors... *shrug* id like to see more art and less graffiti... we see enough of it all over or maybe a little more focus on artistic stuff atleast graffiti can always be a part of the painting just not the whole thing

i love seeing what i can create with just a can of paint!!!

to me thats much more fun than pint brushes

That's cuz your young ...

Fun is trying to expand what you know and pushing yourself to learn new mediums.

I have been part of the communal back patting that KOH was complaining about.

I have learned a lot about my own shit by seeing Seeking and KOH school kids on their wack canvases.

I do want to encourage others with positive thoughts and not use negative re-enforcement, but shit this is a group of kids wanting to be Graff stars, hearing the truth from guys who can king your shit with 2 colors and stock tips is good as long as the kids take it in and don't get defensive.

If you do hear shit from one of these guys and you act like you know better, you just lost an opportunity to grow cuz your ego was too big for your own damn good.

Only the truth from here on out.