Yard Safety

Guest cracked ass

Originally posted by THE OMEN@Dec 18 2004, 01:58 AM

i found a quiet yard in my area and i sat and watched everything that was going on...humping...moving stuff around...i was wondering is there anyway that you can track and/or tell just by looking where the cars go?

Most yards I have been to have a set schedule, but that doesn't mean the random line wont come in un-expected. Them moving stuff around has no schedule. Every day is different. Due to the terrorist alerts and whatnot most tracking sites aren't online anymore. If you are in your yard enough you will notice the workers like to drop things. I've been able to track several cars (unfortunately just for a limited amount of time, usually just until it gets to the next yard) by papers they drop. Keep in mind most of the time they are old papers and wont do you any good.

• 5 weeks later...
This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • 1 month later...

i was in between lines and there was a long metal pole about as thick as a coat hanger stuck in a door,and if you were hit by it while the train was moving it cut your leg up pretty damn bad..im sure the workers discovered it before they moved it,but that would suck if you were close to a moving train and a long metal pole hit you in the face....

Originally posted by Cracked Ass@Oct 22 2003, 01:03 PM

beestur: already answered earlier in the thread, read the whole thing again.

ckit: you're living the good life. 'layup' is anywhere a train parks besides a yard.

YO CRACKED, THANKS FOR THE HELP.........

DO YOU HAVE A FEW DIAGRAMS OF DIFFERENT TYPES OF CARS AND WHICH NUMBERS TO STAY OFF??? GOOD LOOKS..........

• 1 month later...

Wow, this is a real good threat! :king:

The place where I go to take flix is real cool. It is only about 3 tracks, and it is fairly secluded.(no people to bother you) It is not a true train "yard" but there are always a lot new cars parked there everyday. The best thing is there are no bulls or yard workers.

• 1 month later...
Originally posted by hashy@Aug 31 2003, 05:42 AM

might sound dumb but iv only like been on a train like 5 times in my life and i wondering which rail is dangerous

all tracks are dangerous.... u are made of soft breakable bones.... the trains are made of tons and tons of steel and wont even budge after running u over... so any rail is dangerous... avoid standing on the rails..

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

when ur planning to go in a trainyard, you should go to it and look around... examine it and shit... see where u can get in, look for cameras, see if the traffic will spot you while driving at night... and i had a mate who knew a guy that worked in the train spotting business, and gave him the schedule so somehow get a schedule and ur all set

Good info... Funny. I been hittin up freights lately on a regular and alot of these things is just stuff you know by instincts; just from hangin around the yards a couple of times. Its actually weird seeing it being explained in words.

If youre hittin enough freights on a regular, you can not prevent the inevitable... You gonna be seen at some point. But for the most part I 99% of the time stay away from anything that breathes and bleeds like me. 150% of the time I get right to business as soon as I step into the yards so if all of a sudden theres another person around...theres a good chance they caught a glimpse. I never stick around to find out.

Just this past weekend, I had to climb a steep ass hill and run through thorn bushes, ankle deep in snow, with a camcorder and mad paint. But at the moment, in my current situation, I cant afford to have any type of encounters with any law enforcement. So Im definately running.

KGB Government

Originally posted by MaKeItHaPpEn@Mar 26 2005, 02:03 PM

i was in between lines and there was a long metal pole about as thick as a coat hanger stuck in a door,and if you were hit by it while the train was moving it cut your leg up pretty damn bad..im sure the workers discovered it before they moved it,but that would suck if you were close to a moving train and a long metal pole hit you in the face....

This is something ive always worried about, wether painting a tight trackside or a next-line train, commuters are always smooth, and noticably dangly-free, but rusty old freight wagons could have a number of dangly broken metal, doors, undercarriage etc, witch protude out more than usual.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...