Yard Safety

Guest cracked ass

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Common sense but I always look up and down the tracks every few minutes or so even if it's obvious there's nothing on the horizon. I never realized how goddamn silent those trainbs run until they're almost right on top of you sometimes.

• 3 weeks later...

Rotton.com

Dude that shit is fake the reviews such as like bumbfights and crap that is real but the death shit were it shows someone dead on the site dont you think it would be kinda hard to get them pics from the hamasicde division or the yard please think about it that shit is so fake lol i waz watching fule tv the other day it waz a comercial and the kid ollied and he some how hit a fince with barbware and his arms came off. lol and the other day a cmercial were a flying car with a kid with a gun that lifts stuff up come on now that waz done on a commercial just think of the time they had to plan that death out and take pics of it if you wanna see real death so you can tell the diffrents from fake and real death watch fucking FACES OF DEATH ok now that shit is sick and i will never watch it again there are many copys of it go down to the fucking local video store and ask them about it fuck. Well anywaz it will look alot worst then that pic if you get hit by a freight and

Peac and keep your head up

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Originally posted by Fox Mulder

i have a question. this weekend i was benching in the woods just outside of a pretty active yard. and this car pulls up and a girl is driving and a guy who looks like he is maybe 20 gets out and the girl drives away. he looks at me and just starts walking the path in the woods. i watch him walk down a little then lose sight of him. mean while there is a line sitting on the first track so i can't see shit on any of the other lines. about 20 minutes go by then the train pulls out. and since it just started moving its going real slow. then i see the guy run out of the woods. hop on the back of one of the new white tropicanas. he goes around the back. so then i think oh this dude is hopping. but he doesn't have a bag or anything. like 10 seconds later he jumps off. and goes back into the woods. anyone know why this guy did this? he didn't look like a bum. and if he was going to hop why did he get off plus he had no bag. i looked on the back of the car he hopped on to see if he had tagged it or something but he hadn't. i'm guessing no one on here will know why but oh well.

</span> I was just having some fun. Bump.

I'll lay off the purple here so it's easier for everyone to read. I don't know if this was mentioned but everytime my friend and I are near tracks he tells me not to step in the track switch. (The place where the track moves to get the train on another track.) The reason is that if they happen to Move the track, (Which would mean a train about to use that track is approaching), your foot will get caught in there. And from what I here you cannot get it out. Eventually the train will come and sever your leg. This doesn't always require someone to get out and pull the lever next to the track. As I was told, they can do that electronically. I can only think of one way to get out. If the track switch lever is within reach (it's that yellow triangle type thing) try to turn it and then turn it back when you are free. I doubt this would even work so you best not step in the track switch in the first place. Do any of the more experienced folks no the truth about getting caught in track switches?

• 2 weeks later...

well the thing is that if you consider that the track switches have to make sure that a thousand ton train dosnt go on the wrong track....that must mean that they are pretty strong and may even sever your foot before a train comes to do it.

thats got to be the messisest way to lose your foot:lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Depends really if your talking freightys or urbans....overhead wires are alive 24-7 in melburn yards but are only on standby until the train -warms up- then moves ...basically fuck all power runs from the wires to the trains body until then.. also the underneith generator have no exterior live volts running thru them even when the trains going so under the train is always alot safer than ontop with the risk of contact with the wires.....AS LONG AS IT DONT TAKE OF!!!!!!!!!!

ODS -

I stay in the habit of not stepping in track switches no matter what - great place to trip or fuck up your ankle - but what your friend said is mostly true. You can get your foot severed (or stuck, and then the train finishes the job) in AUTOMATED switches, which are usually only on busy lines or in or just outside of yards. They are remotely operated by a dispatcher or other play-caller. Switches out in the boonies are not automated, they have to be thrown by hand. Smaller railroad yards can even be all manual. You'd have to be real slow, dumb, and unlucky to get your foot squashed in a manual switch, what with the worker right there and all. He might even just tell you to move instead of crushing your foot.

Originally posted by SWX1994

^^NO SHIT.

in the ignorance of my youth i got my foot stuck in an automated switch, on a transit line. luckily i was able to get my foot out of the shoe. i had to ride the subway with one shoe...i guess it beats going home in a box.

^ mos def... thanks cracked.

losing feet

i had safety training for Metro here in Los Angeles and just to let you know the track switch moves in less than a second, so you aint gonna hear or see that shit till it clamps your foot. and you better be wearing boots cause it'll take your pumas off along with your foot. just stay the fuck away from those things, cause the light rail here runs adjacent to commercial rails, and you could be in a world of pain if you step on the wrong tracks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

5 Cents worth

Cracked-

Good looking out- Nice to see somebody out here kicking the P' to the less experinced.

Don't smoke blunts or cigarettes around tank cars- You will blow the fuck UP!

When climbing over couplers- Always hold on tight to the hand rails & watch out for the Slack action of the loaded heavier cars moving forward from the rear of the train- This is what kills most Conductors.

When Painting/taking flicks in a hump/bowl yard always look both ways before taking your shot - Rolling stock is very quite & will kill you!!

When painting at Night - Always be on the look out for flatcars they're are the biggest killers of yard workers...... Your peripheral vision is impaired in the dark & the natural reactions of most people is to look up- not down!!

Watch your back for crazy Hobos from Hell & Schizo bums that dwell in & around every yard- You just might get shanked for painting in the front yard of their home!

look out for R.R Cops more now- their Are are out in Numbers now with Camouflage gear & Black Attire with Glocks & night vision shades due to the new Terrorist threats on the whole Railroad system....

keep alert, keep alive & keep on rockin'

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

ESE , if u didnt get a response to ur forklift incident on like page 2 , they got TWO different looking forklifts there that attach to the lines and push and pull them around to the different loading bays , and they are QUIET . So always be careful when around that spot .

Originally posted by quiz1@Apr 14 2004, 05:10 PM

Dude that shit is fake the reviews such as like bumbfights and crap that is real but the death shit were it shows someone dead on the site dont you think it would be kinda hard to get them pics from the hamasicde division or the yard please think about it that shit is so fake lol i waz watching fule tv the other day it waz a comercial and the kid ollied and he some how hit a fince with barbware and his arms came off. lol and the other day a cmercial were a flying car with a kid with a gun that lifts stuff up come on now that waz done on a commercial just think of the time they had to plan that death out and take pics of it if you wanna see real death so you can tell the diffrents from fake and real death watch fucking FACES OF DEATH ok now that shit is sick and i will never watch it again there are many copys of it go down to the fucking local video store and ask them about it fuck. Well anywaz it will look alot worst then that pic if you get hit by a freight and

Peac and keep your head up

No man, I don't think you get it. Those pics on rotten and dead bums are all completely real. You can think what you want, but I am telling you those are real pictures.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...