Yard Safety

Guest cracked ass

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Ok guys me n my mates live near the fr8 yards and we hit em all the time there is many things you need to know befor hiiting them many of you guys have stated em hear but the mane things is that bulls patroll numbers the most that is the most they do so try to stay of the numbers and as someone said about runarounds there are not many of them in australia ramblers are very silient so watch your step you dont wanna be turned in to shit from a rambler also dont climb the little step laters and with the hissing if you hear it repediavly it is a brake man walking the lines and leeting all the compressed air out of the brakes so get under cover and dont let him see you we have had some preety nasty ass workers befor the type that keep questioning you CALL bulls onto you and will sometimes do wat ever they can to get you caught so leave run but always keep your eyes open for ramblerssss

Im new to this forum in general and this is the first one i came to...This is by far the most usefull worthwhile knowledge ive ever come across...my thanks to whoever put this on, cracked, i think it was, thank you sir...i recently had a friend lose his legs to the trains and thank the gods of steel he is still with us to crush another day....Trains are raw pure energy and you should never become complacent in the yards or a lay-up, complacency will kill you...

QUICK HIDING METHOD--- If you here a railworker coming down the line, checking numbers or pressuring up the hoses. You first thought is to panic and run as fast as you can, DONT. If the worker is on the other side of the car just simply climb the ladder on your side. Make sure you make asleast noise as possible. Stay there until your sure he has made his way totally down the line, or has just left. Another way to avoid capture is simple. If there is a boxcar behind you that has an open door just slide you and your paint in there silently, just chill in one of the corners until the worker is atleast 20 yards away. Sounds a bit lengthey, but better safe then sorry. And if you decide to use the latter option make sure that you leave no evidence on the ground, plus make sure you're above the sturup, and your feet are not hanging out from the bottom of the freight.

No offence man, but that's a horrible idea. Boxcars aren't supposed to be open, and you rarely see them open in yards anyway because they get closed pretty quickly. Any worker would probably close an open boxcar if they saw it in the yard, meaning you'd get your ass shut in there. That'd be hell.

This is a great thread. I've only been going in yards for a little while. I never made a lot of the nessesary connections to be safe, and knew about humping but never concidered all the shit that could happen with it. I feel like this shit could save my life. That vertigo thing was really helpful. I was streaking at a lay up the other day and hoped up on a couple to watch a train go by, and got an intense dizyness since I was so close to it. Definately a good tip. Being in a yard without learning this shit is like driving a car if you don't know how. Fuckin around with death machines.

• 4 weeks later...
If you take the distance of your yard and multiply it by 3.86 miles divide by the width of the of your yard and finally raise it to the power of of however many trains pass through on an average day you should be able to pretty much pinpoint the distance the first layup will be from your yard.

OMFG YOUR RIGHT! :) thank you so much. that cleared up alot of issues i had.

Well after trying out this method, i realised you had to convert it all to metric with my metric country overhere.

Now i know where the layup is located.

thanks again. also i had to add the average angle degree of outboud rails to the amount of trains, and it pinpointed the exact train i was gonna hit, so just another tip for all you toys wanting to know.

• 5 weeks later...

If you're in Germany and you're in layups or on tracks... be very careful. These DB trains are quiet as hell and don't clank cars together like the freights in North America.

Also always look behind you when walking around, those trains will be doing 30-50 MPH and stop on a dime. And you wont even hear the damn thing until it's about 100 feet behind you. Also the engineers in the cab are very high up and usually cannot see you if youre on the side of the tracks so becareful for that.

Watch out for Cameras too, the DB uses cameras on all the turns coming into stations and out of stations, and most the DB trains have cameras all around the trains. The cameras are very good too, and the dudes in the security booths can zoom in and out.

They have cameras sometimes on railcrosses, so if youre painting overpasses there or track sides, dont bomb during the day.

Just what I've seen since I've been here... Not sure about German Freights or Tankers, don't see too many of those parked in the layups. But they use the same engines the DB's do.

• 1 month later...

there is this spot in my town where they park these freights, there alreayd fucked up to high hell. There parked under these 2 bridges next to a construction site. Theres a giant ass field with 20 ft high weeds for easy hiding or running. These freights are only taken out and moved around and thats it. Ive heard some chatter that there bait, but if you stood inbetween them you could peice an theres no way in high hell someone could see you. I dont know much about metal so im just looking for an opinion think its straight or bait.

• 1 month later...

ok, i know this place, i dont think its a yard, but it weaves into these industrial areas (places they manufacture shit, tiles, etc.) they have box cars around a lot. but i want to know what the hell is going on? some of them arent anywhere near the buildings. and they cange about every week or so.

have a few of those right by my place. They are most likely loading cars there with whatever shitments they make.

Scope it out. Sit outside there for a hour every couple days. Learn the schedule of when workers are there. Find out the timing for when it's clear and go paint that shit.

• 4 weeks later...

WORKERS. These guys can be your best friend or your worst enemy, and much of it is up to you.

First off, rail workers are regular guys. They spend a lot of time in the yards, don't see too many friendly faces on the job, and have different personalities, from angelic to asshole. This means that with the right attitude, you can have a more positive encounter with workers than you think, although it will always vary by the individual worker, and the hotter the yard, the less friendly a reception you should expect.

Workers know the dangers of a yard, so when they see a trespasser their first reaction is often of concern: they don't know whether or not YOU know anything about yard safety, and don't want to see you get killed in their yard. Even a cold bastard of a worker won't want to have to look at your dismembered corpse. So they'll all be concerned, not so much that you're trespassing, but whether you know what you're doing around freights. If you show that you know what you're doing that improves your chances to have a favorable encounter with a worker - nothing's guaranteed, but just remember that there's no reason to flat-out run from an ordinary worker, you may be able to reason with him. I know one cat who got caught painting red-handed (literally) by a worker, who said, "We can smell your paint three lines over." He came and looked at the piece in progress and said "That's cool. Just stay off the numbers." Then he left without further comment. There are a few art appreciators out there...rare, but it happens.

I don't want to paint a rosy picture here, so let's talk about the difference between THE BULL (railroad cops) and regular yard workers. First off, in the old days and still today, rail workers are 100% unionized. They stick together like that. I don't know if anything has changed recently, but bulls have always been non-union. Surprisingly, the bull is often despised or barely tolerated by the union guys: he cruises the yard, eating donuts or whatever, and mostly just kills time, hoping not to have to do anything on his shift. Nowadays, with some yards heating up, there are more bulls, they are more sophisticated and somewhat less likely to be really lazy, and may get more cooperation from yard workers than before, but in general the union/nonunion thing is still a reason the worker might like you better than the bull, and not rat you out to him.

A lot of this unlooked-for friendliness in workers is reserved for hoboes, especially discreet, respectful ones. You could walk up to a yard worker and ask him what time and what track you'd want in order to catch a ride on a freight to a certain city, and he'd tell you and then warn you what kind of car the bull drives so you could avoid him. Again, this hospitality varies enormously from yard to yard, and the big city yards are much more likely to be hostile, but there are still plenty of places in North America where you can do this today. That's for hoboing, though. Painting is a different story. More workers will be angry with you for painting. Some will be OK with it but will insist that you stay off the numbers. Rarely they will sic the bull on you, or in one case I heard of, beat the shit out of you. So, if you are seen painting the best bet is to try and get away; if you're surprised up close by a worker who is obviously not a bull, try to reason with him, showing him respect, pointing out that you're avoiding going over the numbers, and saying you're OK with leaving if that's what he wants, it's his yard. Some of these situations can be salvaged, other times you're just fucked and should run like hell. But if you're seen by a worker and there is no way he could know you're there to paint, say hi, start a conversation if it seems feasible. If he's cool you may be able to get information like chill times and places, whether there's a bull at the yard, etc. Don't mention graffiti unless you really hit it off great, or he brings it up.

For a bull encounter: if seen painting, get the hell out. If you're just walking and he can't know what you're up to, approach his vehicle when he yells at you, be calm and reasonable. Pass the attitude test. Unless he's a real dickhead he won't do more than give you a spiel about how it's private property and you have to leave. Be agreeable and do it, and don't come back for eight hours, by then his shift will be over and any new encounter will be with a different guy. If the same bull catches you a second time on his shift you're fucked.

This being said, what if bulls catch u with paint or a streak on u do you think you could be fucked than? any info is appreciated.

there is this spot in my town where they park these freights, there alreayd fucked up to high hell. There parked under these 2 bridges next to a construction site. Theres a giant ass field with 20 ft high weeds for easy hiding or running. These freights are only taken out and moved around and thats it. Ive heard some chatter that there bait, but if you stood inbetween them you could peice an theres no way in high hell someone could see you. I dont know much about metal so im just looking for an opinion think its straight or bait.

that spot is dope..if im thinking of the same one

If they catch you with paint, I'd say that varies. Depending on your situation, you might be able to sneak away if you have the same color paint that's on the car. Like, not of other bombs, but the actual paint set. Maybe have stencils of random number assortments. That way you could claim that you look at the freights cause you're a train enthusiest, and you hate how people vandalize them? Then just take the color from the train, and fuck a tad bit of your shit up. Then, when they leave, re-do it. Dunno about a streak, and dunno how well that'd work. Only yard near my place is like a 3 hour drive away, and I'd have to spend like 200$ for the trip there. It's a bitch man, a real bitch. The yard is pretty chill, never saw any different cars there in like three years.

aight this is real stupid but im really new to freights so whatever...waht is a lay up? i looked through the thread and all i saw was someone callin someone else a cop for not knowin what a lay up is...if it is somewhere in teh thread can someone show me cause im blind...

If they catch you with paint, I'd say that varies. Depending on your situation, you might be able to sneak away if you have the same color paint that's on the car. Like, not of other bombs, but the actual paint set. Maybe have stencils of random number assortments. That way you could claim that you look at the freights cause you're a train enthusiest, and you hate how people vandalize them? Then just take the color from the train, and fuck a tad bit of your shit up. Then, when they leave, re-do it. Dunno about a streak, and dunno how well that'd work. Only yard near my place is like a 3 hour drive away, and I'd have to spend like 200$ for the trip there. It's a bitch man, a real bitch. The yard is pretty chill, never saw any different cars there in like three years.

i feel you man. same cars in 3 year time period. like a museum.luckly i get a few clean hoppers every now and then