have i progressed???

mr.VIRS

im not trying to be rude or anyhting but it seems once 1 person starts to say negative things other people open up and get negative as well..

im not picking sides at all because i lack knowledge as far as technical shit goes.. but in my own opinion, i think he's gotten better.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

obviously you have a special love for the game considering all the trashtalk ive seen thrown at you, and you still keep it coming.

i dont have much of a problem with your letters, i mean, i can tell what they are and everything.. but the way you just throw arrows into the mix that dont really seem to stem from anything.. ..STOP IT..

i also see you constantly throwing the same few flix into many a thread asking DID I PROGRESS? AM I GOOD NOW? EH?! HUH?! LOVE ME!!! and whatnot.. that kinda got old a long time ago..

but all in all, you've come a long way.. ..but have alot further to go..

"every journey begins with one footstep.."

keep at it man. peas.

"obviously you have a special love for the game.."

?!?!?!?!? what game?!?! the "post my crappy looseleaf virus-bitten sketches on the internet" game?? man , that game is rugged! its really impressive to suffer through 10 whole months of internet criticism only to perservere and make it all the way to this point.

"every journey begins with one footstep"

WTF?!?! seriously are you all insane in this forum? do any of you have any fucking clue about what graffiti is about? this whole thread reads like a gay ass new age support group.

i repeat: VIRS you suck.

Guest Propaganda
Originally posted by cheerleader

?!?!?!?!? what game?!?! the "post my crappy looseleaf virus-bitten sketches on the internet" game?? man , that game is rugged! its really impressive to suffer through 10 whole months of internet criticism only to perservere and make it all the way to this point.

WTF?!?! seriously are you all insane in this forum? do any of you have any fucking clue about what graffiti is about? this whole thread reads like a gay ass new age support group.

I fully understand man what you are saying. It just coming out straight and harsh out there so peeps are gonna jump up and be like whoa man he told it like it is or man that guy is a asshole. But yea I feel 100% what you say. The Kid has a internet life about the situation.

yeah itll be far from the first time i was called an asshole. but like i said earlier: ive taught/trained kids with WAAAY less art talent...so im not hating on people arent good yet one bit....im hating on this whole farce of posting crappy sketches online and begging people to critique them...and then having all of you stroke this dude off like "yeah youre improving!"

wtf?!? this is some sort of surreal graffiti vortex in this thread. i really think all of you dont exist. this thread is simply here to make me laugh.

lmao! hilarious man... but for real, I agree with you... with every damn word. I know I ain't that good or nothin, but Virs is makin fuckin so many damn posts and feedin for stupid attention over his shitty stuff. Ah whatever, Im not gonan waste my time sayin anythin else, I just agree with you.

Guest Propaganda

yeah itll be far from the first time i was called an asshole. but like i said earlier: ive taught/trained kids with WAAAY less art talent...so im not hating on people arent good yet one bit....im hating on this whole farce of posting crappy sketches online and begging people to critique them...and then having all of you stroke this dude off like "yeah youre improving!"

wtf?!? this is some sort of surreal graffiti vortex in this thread. i really think all of you dont exist. this thread is simply here to make me laugh.

Yea that is why I don't feed into his attention. Then making it seems like a dark cloud is over us trying to get pity for him cause he lives in Lala land. Yea it is a hard rock with no feather place but damn putting down other peeps who try to write and never come on the net and post like he does over there is sad. Least they stick to what the doing know what I mean.

im not dissing any young writer that goes out and paints and works on his letters and still sucks. we all sucked. some of us still suck. but theres a big difference between being a younger toy (we all were) and whatever this guy is doing...i dont even know what to call it....its really surreal. its like watching some surreal excange...him psoting this crap is ridiculous, and then seeing people respond to and critique it is even more surreal.

are you people awake?!? the early sketches are total crap!! the later ones are all completely stolen from VIRUS pieces!!! look at the "R"s? they are lifted DIRECTLY from various VIRUS pieces?? hes not "improving" or "getting better", hes stealing entire letterforms and connections from VIRUS.

this shit is seriously insane.

Originally posted by AESOP ROCK

newsflash mother fucker graffiti isnt just about writing on paper and get your name up on the internet its about bombing and painting walss

you have 2 fills in easy spots and good deal of people waiting to give you one hell of a beating. but hey, thats none of my business i suppose. time to shutup.

as far as virs goes, theres improvement in the later ones. especially the more simple ones. end.

hey cheerleader, can you email me.

thx.

cheerleader you call me a biter ??? i can find 10 milion ways that your work looks like zones shit yet i m not gonna do it you know y?

cuz i m not an asshole im not you and i actually care about outher writers and want the whole shit to be bigger then it is and as far as i m conserned you suck balls you piece of shit ,i showed you wut i have to learn from ,and could use a mentor like you cuz i feel your shit and the only way of me learning is by asking you shit

the other thread i did " my virs collection" was going down hard when i posted new work ppl did not replie so i needed somthing to get you attn. to critic me and i promise a cuple of years from now me and my crew will be bombing shit

yo virs....

you sketch right?

you paint right?

you bomb right?

who cares what people say as long as you doin' your thing....there's madd heads out there that suck and get sweated by kats cause they down in a hot krew and are clean as hell....who cares what people say just do your thing.....peice

i can see where cheerleader and what not are commin from.. it IS harsh

but then again ive never really looked at virus' shit so i cant comment on the biting.. but if virs is biting for all his sketches then i think he should stop.. i use to do that, i wasnt good at it but i tried.. it didnt help me at ALL, then i met this guy and he told me to go simple.. i never listened.. then i started to listen once i noticed how shitty my sketches kept turning out.. so now i guess i can say ive progressed as far as getting my own style and feeling the letters and shit goes.. but i dont know..

im not picking sides but i can understand both sides from that last post virs put up.. even though it was fullfilled with more shit talking than needed..

maybe if all this shit changes his eyes he can learn to do what i did (if he really is biting) and get BETTER not BITE MORE.. but whatever

all i know is that its time to go eat some fuckin chili dogs!!!!:yum: :yum:

i think the problem is there is some 'kinder gentler' rule in the paperchase area that i am violating. sorry yall, i will try harder to observe the whole hippy commune vibe you have established here.

all graff is awesome. everything is good, biting isnt bad, its all about love and art man. dude, youre getting SO GOOD! *pat on back* im SOOOO proud of the progress youve made, youre very special and unique and just darn tootin fantastic!

lets all have some milk and cookies now.

Guest Propaganda

i think the problem is there is some 'kinder gentler' rule in the paperchase area that i am violating. sorry yall, i will try harder to observe the whole hippy commune vibe you have established here.

all graff is awesome. everything is good, biting isnt bad, its all about love and art man. dude, youre getting SO GOOD! *pat on back* im SOOOO proud of the progress youve made, youre very special and unique and just darn tootin fantastic!

lets all have some milk and cookies now.

don't fall into it too man....:nope:

virs, iv always stuck up for you and whatnot. but what epik(i believe) said. you sketch, you paint, you bomb. there you go kid.and you know what? dorkstar, hecz, and all these other kats opinions are great. and very helpfull. but you know whos opinion counts the most?yours. do you see improvement? do you see what needs to be fixed? are YOU satisfied with the way this piece or that piece turned out? ask yourself these questions every now and then. because if you NEED these peoples words every time you want an honest opinion your gonna have to weed through alot of these peoples bs. i uh lost my train of thought now but anyways, ask your self some of these questions, because progression is all in your head first. whatever im tired. just my 2 pennies. or my 1 1/2 cuz i lost train of thought, but virs get(and stay)up.

Originally posted by £piK uNo

yo virs....

you sketch right?

you paint right?

you bomb right?

who cares what people say as long as you doin' your thing....there's madd heads out there that suck and get sweated by kats cause they down in a hot krew and are clean as hell....who cares what people say just do your thing.....peice

cheerleader, you are too fucking arrogant for your own good.

i dont care how many people you have "trained" (:lol:) to become dope writers, i dont care where you live, i dont care how many spots or for how long you've painted - neither does half the people up in here.

to most, you're just a straight up asshole with too big of a mouth at times.

if you dont like what you are reading in a certain thread, try using the back button on your browser, and away you go.

we are terribly sorry that we cannot all be as dope a writer as you. sorry sometimes the work we produce here isnt as clean or fresh as yours may / may not be.

this paper chase forum is meant to be used as a place for people to seek advice and tips on their work. if you dont like it, fuck off.

people 'round these parts HAVE to be somewhat more patient with the work people post.. im not talking "hippyish', as you so kindly put it, but there has to be a little more slack - i mean cmon, you see how half, if not more of the work posted in this forum straight SUCKS.. sucks cuz most of these kids are just starting out, trying to learn how to get shit straight.

sure, the internet isnt the best place for this, im one whom is also against kids picking up graff just cuz they saw it on some message forum, but for the kids whom may choose to do so, so be it. why not offer some positive, or even SLIGHTLY positive advice, as opposed to tweaking your own ego and talking down on everybody like they're a piece of shit?

you dont know what half of the kids in this joint are all about. i dont care how "experienced" you are. just because you see a couple shitty works from somebody doesnt mean you now know their life story and have the right to be such a bitch.

sure, the internet is a wide open place for people to voice their opinions and such, and all the power to you for using it as a medium to do so. but cmon.

if you see a thread started by mr. virs asking (again) if he has progessed, im sure you've been here long enough to know it's going to be a thread full of whack shit (virs, no offence, i have nothing against you or your work).. since you know this, why even click the damned link to come in? ill bet as soon as you saw he had opened said topic on the paper chase main page, you got all giddy and excited, "yay, another opportunity to cut someone down and make them feel like shit, thereby feeding my own ego and making me feel like a big man/woman!"..

fuck, just dont even bother.

i used to see your shit scattered around these forums and i thought what i saw was pretty dope, that you were a pretty cool person all -in-all.. but as the days go by and i see your true colors, im turned off more and more by your overly egotistical attitude and love for cutting d own the toys. and yes, i know you could give a fuck less about wether or not some kids on a message forum think you are "cool", i just wanted to relate to you my feelings.

and the way you freak out about my referring to what virs is doing as a "game" is just classic. you know exactly what i mean/meant. you just needed another opportunity to cut somebody up. you have a bad day that day? someone make you feel bad at work or something so you had to come onto 12oz and trashtalk some "kiddies"(you dont know the half of it)? oh well, whatever.

the kid is obviously interested in graffiti. who cares if he just draws his letters down on paper? who cares if he doesnt actually paint in the streets like the oh-so-very-dope-or-so-you-would-want-everyone-to-think-you?(which if you will read in his other posts, he does, or tries to). he's doing something he enjoys, trying to learn how to express himself better, and thats all that matters. who the fuck are you to tell him anything.

anyways, in closing i hope that mr. virs is smart enough to be able to ignore your pointless ramblings and disrespect. again, nobody cares who you are in these forums(with the exception of maybe a handfull of dicklickers and toy asskissing bitches), so quit acting like you're so special, like you're god's gift to graffiti or something.

maybe next time just stay out of the toy-ishly topiced threads and keep your assholeish un-needed comments to your allready overly-inflated self.

peace out, fuckwit.

i'm not gonna bother reading the comments, but this has prolly been said...

STOP biting Virus outta Vancity (AA crew)...it's where i happen to be from so don't say i don't know how his ish looks

that's all i had to say

yeah supercooey, that was a nice little rant and all, if it applied to anything i said. i explained CLEARLY that i have no problem with people being not good. i mentioned "training" people as proof of that...meaning: ive dealt with WAY WORSE artists than this guy. hes clearly not even that bad potentially. my beef isnt with him being bad at graffiti.

my problem is with him thinking that graffiti is about biting, and then putting bitten stuff online over and over and soliciting tons of commentary about it.

you may disagree with me, and thats fine..but its a forum, for opinions....theres 20 people stroking the dude off, im gonna be the guy to say the other side of the sotry. thats that.

so i still think VIRS sucks. and i think he sucks for clear reasons: theres tons of young writers both on and off this site who ARE working hard at drawing and they are doing it the right way: being humble, being original, being patient.

virs has displayed none of these traits. he is robbing 100% from virus. its more than shameless. and hes portraying that bitten "improvement" to other young writers who arent savvy enough yet to know thats what hes doing. im gonna be the bad guy and say it.

your mistake, supercooey, is not reading anything i worte and assuming this has to do with me not liking his stuff or being egotisitcal. where does my ego come into play? have i said "im better" or anything dealing with me? on the contrary, on the one thread where i posted some of my book work, im pretty self critical and cognizent of my own shortcomings. and as for portraying my criticism as being about simply hating young, un-good graff, thats crazy! i said numerous times, this has nothing to do with the quality of the drawings!!

i would rather see the first 5 VIRS sketches posted ONCE. and i could offer some nice comments, and we could all move from there. instead, we have those original sketches plus 5 or 6 horribly bitten sketches and its being portrayed as "improvement"

maybe its the whole lying/deception part of this that pisses me off so much...the title even "have i improved?" ....like, duh, of course youve improved....its like a skiny girl asking "am i fat", fishing for compliments. and i would even be ready to GIVe compliments if the "improvements" werent simply cut and pasted from VIRUS AA pieces. trust me, we have all bitten shit over the years, myself included. but the difference is a lot of us (or most of us) didnt come online posting it and representing that shit as our own hard work and improvement.

my bottomline: lots of you kids are working hard and really drawing from your heart, doing things the right way. those kids deserve respect and encouragement. but this shit is like the umpteenth thread ive seen of this dude, and its shamefully bitten.

if this makes me an asshole, so be it. im an asshole. i really doubt ill lose sleep over it. but for all the little kids drawing that read this: take this advice if you want: draw your own shit, or learn from someone directly. dont steal. at your age, it may seem cool to skip ahead and copy letterforms/connections, but TRUST ME its not worth it....if you look at VIRS sketches, it is IMPOSSIBLE to make the leap in letterfroms he has shown naturally.....your letters will (and should) suck for a long time. its hard, especially cause on the internet to see good stuff and feel like its going slowly, but trust me, you get better. but copying stuff isnt gettign better. if you piece together a "V" and an "R" and what not, sure, you can make your piece look great today...but if someone says "ok, word, now write this word" and all of a sudden your "skills" go back to the drawing board, youre gonna look like an ass. hence, my gripe with this crap.

if you want me to say all this kind of stuff in a kinder gentler way, im sorry. a lot of us werent raised in that kind of graff enviroment.

I didn't want to get into this thread, but after supercooey's last statement, I feel the need.

First off, you called cheerleader "fucking arrogant"? How is he being arrogant? Please show me some quotes of his that proves he was being arrogant because I can not find any. In fact, I'm not even sure you fully understand the meaning of arrogance. Look it up.

The next thing you said that stroke me as wrong was when you appoligized to cheer by saying you are not as "dope" a writter as he is. Well, I'm not sure where that came from because in this thread, I have yet to read a post by him that says he is a good writter.

Next, you tell cheer that if he does not like this thread, he should not respond to it. Well, judging by the time you put into this post, and what youv said, you do not like this post too much either, but its ok for you to post here right?

Now, you said the paper chase was a place for kids to come get advice, and I agree with that. Virs came on here and started yet another post asking for advice/opinion. But guess what? HE GOT IT! He got exactly what he asked for. So, it wasn't sugar coated like some of the other responses, but its still advice and opinion on virs' work.

Now, heres what really got me. You said that cheer should offer more positive advice right? Well, here are some quotes from your last comment. All positive of course....

Originally posted by supercooey

cheerleader, you are too fucking arrogant for your own good.

you're just a straight up asshole with too big of a mouth at times.

if you dont like it, fuck off.

i mean cmon, you see how half, if not more of the work posted in this forum straight SUCKS.

im sure you've been here long enough to know it's going to be a thread full of whack shit

who the fuck are you to tell him anything.

i hope that mr. virs is smart enough to be able to ignore your pointless ramblings and disrespect. again, nobody cares who you are in these forums(with the exception of maybe a handfull of dicklickers and toy asskissing bitches)

maybe next time just stay out of the toy-ishly topiced threads and keep your assholeish un-needed comments to your allready overly-inflated self.

peace out, fuckwit.

And you have the nerve to tell him to be, dare I say it, a bit more positive? You need to pull your head out of your ass and open up those eyes. Virs asked for advice, Cheer leader gave him advice. And you even agreed with cheerleader when you said all of virs' threads are full of "whack shit". And what makes this even more sad is the fact that your putting up more of a fight than virs is! I'm going to leave it at that, I hope some of what I said got through to you. Oh, and next time you want to rant on, read over it and think about what your writting.

Peace

Archived