have i progressed???

mr.VIRS

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WOAH

I didn't want to get into this thread, but after supercooey's last statement, I feel the need.

First off, you called cheerleader "fucking arrogant"? How is he being arrogant? Please show me some quotes of his that proves he was being arrogant because I can not find any. In fact, I'm not even sure you fully understand the meaning of arrogance. Look it up.

The next thing you said that stroke me as wrong was when you appoligized to cheer by saying you are not as "dope" a writter as he is. Well, I'm not sure where that came from because in this thread, I have yet to read a post by him that says he is a good writter.

Next, you tell cheer that if he does not like this thread, he should not respond to it. Well, judging by the time you put into this post, and what youv said, you do not like this post too much either, but its ok for you to post here right?

Now, you said the paper chase was a place for kids to come get advice, and I agree with that. Virs came on here and started yet another post asking for advice/opinion. But guess what? HE GOT IT! He got exactly what he asked for. So, it wasn't sugar coated like some of the other responses, but its still advice and opinion on virs' work.

Now, heres what really got me. You said that cheer should offer more positive advice right? Well, here are some quotes from your last comment. All positive of course....

yeah supercooey, that was a nice little rant and all, if it applied to anything i said. i explained CLEARLY that i have no problem with people being not good. i mentioned "training" people as proof of that...meaning: ive dealt with WAY WORSE artists than this guy. hes clearly not even that bad potentially. my beef isnt with him being bad at graffiti.

my problem is with him thinking that graffiti is about biting, and then putting bitten stuff online over and over and soliciting tons of commentary about it.

you may disagree with me, and thats fine..but its a forum, for opinions....theres 20 people stroking the dude off, im gonna be the guy to say the other side of the sotry. thats that.

so i still think VIRS sucks. and i think he sucks for clear reasons: theres tons of young writers both on and off this site who ARE working hard at drawing and they are doing it the right way: being humble, being original, being patient.

virs has displayed none of these traits. he is robbing 100% from virus. its more than shameless. and hes portraying that bitten "improvement" to other young writers who arent savvy enough yet to know thats what hes doing. im gonna be the bad guy and say it.

your mistake, supercooey, is not reading anything i worte and assuming this has to do with me not liking his stuff or being egotisitcal. where does my ego come into play? have i said "im better" or anything dealing with me? on the contrary, on the one thread where i posted some of my book work, im pretty self critical and cognizent of my own shortcomings. and as for portraying my criticism as being about simply hating young, un-good graff, thats crazy! i said numerous times, this has nothing to do with the quality of the drawings!!

i would rather see the first 5 VIRS sketches posted ONCE. and i could offer some nice comments, and we could all move from there. instead, we have those original sketches plus 5 or 6 horribly bitten sketches and its being portrayed as "improvement"

maybe its the whole lying/deception part of this that pisses me off so much...the title even "have i improved?" ....like, duh, of course youve improved....its like a skiny girl asking "am i fat", fishing for compliments. and i would even be ready to GIVe compliments if the "improvements" werent simply cut and pasted from VIRUS AA pieces. trust me, we have all bitten shit over the years, myself included. but the difference is a lot of us (or most of us) didnt come online posting it and representing that shit as our own hard work and improvement.

my bottomline: lots of you kids are working hard and really drawing from your heart, doing things the right way. those kids deserve respect and encouragement. but this shit is like the umpteenth thread ive seen of this dude, and its shamefully bitten.

if this makes me an asshole, so be it. im an asshole. i really doubt ill lose sleep over it. but for all the little kids drawing that read this: take this advice if you want: draw your own shit, or learn from someone directly. dont steal. at your age, it may seem cool to skip ahead and copy letterforms/connections, but TRUST ME its not worth it....if you look at VIRS sketches, it is IMPOSSIBLE to make the leap in letterfroms he has shown naturally.....your letters will (and should) suck for a long time. its hard, especially cause on the internet to see good stuff and feel like its going slowly, but trust me, you get better. but copying stuff isnt gettign better. if you piece together a "V" and an "R" and what not, sure, you can make your piece look great today...but if someone says "ok, word, now write this word" and all of a sudden your "skills" go back to the drawing board, youre gonna look like an ass. hence, my gripe with this crap.

if you want me to say all this kind of stuff in a kinder gentler way, im sorry. a lot of us werent raised in that kind of graff enviroment.

cheerleader, you are too fucking arrogant for your own good.

i dont care how many people you have "trained" (:lol to become dope writers, i dont care where you live, i dont care how many spots or for how long you've painted - neither does half the people up in here.

to most, you're just a straight up asshole with too big of a mouth at times.

if you dont like what you are reading in a certain thread, try using the back button on your browser, and away you go.

we are terribly sorry that we cannot all be as dope a writer as you. sorry sometimes the work we produce here isnt as clean or fresh as yours may / may not be.

this paper chase forum is meant to be used as a place for people to seek advice and tips on their work. if you dont like it, fuck off.

people 'round these parts HAVE to be somewhat more patient with the work people post.. im not talking "hippyish', as you so kindly put it, but there has to be a little more slack - i mean cmon, you see how half, if not more of the work posted in this forum straight SUCKS.. sucks cuz most of these kids are just starting out, trying to learn how to get shit straight.

sure, the internet isnt the best place for this, im one whom is also against kids picking up graff just cuz they saw it on some message forum, but for the kids whom may choose to do so, so be it. why not offer some positive, or even SLIGHTLY positive advice, as opposed to tweaking your own ego and talking down on everybody like they're a piece of shit?

you dont know what half of the kids in this joint are all about. i dont care how "experienced" you are. just because you see a couple shitty works from somebody doesnt mean you now know their life story and have the right to be such a bitch.

sure, the internet is a wide open place for people to voice their opinions and such, and all the power to you for using it as a medium to do so. but cmon.

if you see a thread started by mr. virs asking (again) if he has progessed, im sure you've been here long enough to know it's going to be a thread full of whack shit (virs, no offence, i have nothing against you or your work).. since you know this, why even click the damned link to come in? ill bet as soon as you saw he had opened said topic on the paper chase main page, you got all giddy and excited, "yay, another opportunity to cut someone down and make them feel like shit, thereby feeding my own ego and making me feel like a big man/woman!"..

fuck, just dont even bother.

i used to see your shit scattered around these forums and i thought what i saw was pretty dope, that you were a pretty cool person all -in-all.. but as the days go by and i see your true colors, im turned off more and more by your overly egotistical attitude and love for cutting d own the toys. and yes, i know you could give a fuck less about wether or not some kids on a message forum think you are "cool", i just wanted to relate to you my feelings.

and the way you freak out about my referring to what virs is doing as a "game" is just classic. you know exactly what i mean/meant. you just needed another opportunity to cut somebody up. you have a bad day that day? someone make you feel bad at work or something so you had to come onto 12oz and trashtalk some "kiddies"(you dont know the half of it)? oh well, whatever.

the kid is obviously interested in graffiti. who cares if he just draws his letters down on paper? who cares if he doesnt actually paint in the streets like the oh-so-very-dope-or-so-you-would-want-everyone-to-think-you?(which if you will read in his other posts, he does, or tries to). he's doing something he enjoys, trying to learn how to express himself better, and thats all that matters. who the fuck are you to tell him anything.

anyways, in closing i hope that mr. virs is smart enough to be able to ignore your pointless ramblings and disrespect. again, nobody cares who you are in these forums(with the exception of maybe a handfull of dicklickers and toy asskissing bitches), so quit acting like you're so special, like you're god's gift to graffiti or something.

maybe next time just stay out of the toy-ishly topiced threads and keep your assholeish un-needed comments to your allready overly-inflated self.

peace out, fuckwit.

Im not going to read all this bullshit but I know a few things here and yall should listen for a second.

1) Cheerleader has every right to talk shit because he's been payin dues for a minute now with cans of paint, not a set of prismas and this fool virs doesnt even know the meaning of that, and he's gettin props for his bullshit graff

2) Anyone who came up in there scene around people who actually write graffiti know the harsh reality of months/years of hating from other writers before they can even get fools to take them seriously.

3) This forum (paper chase) is completely out of control, I doubt it was meant for a bunch of sophomoric fools to come post their shitty drawings and get a free art class from people who know what their talking about.

4) Im calling out any paper chase slut who solely posts sketches and colorful blackbook pieces (with the exception of a few individuals, who know damn well where they stand) to bring the real shit and show us some painted work. And Im talking to you hecz cuz I'd like to see you pull off some of that crosshatching ballpoint bullshit on a wall, I bet you havent graced a surface with paint more than 10 times in your life.

5) This forum should be limited to images only; and harshly regulated to contain pics that only a well rounded respectable writer would actually want to look at. Not some pencil pushin toys.

So maybe Im a big asshole hater, maybe just a dick. This all may be true but I'd much rather see 5 people motivated to start bein for real, than 25 people thinkin their awesome cuz their slut girlfriend was "really into those 3-D arrows".. In short, if your gonna go to the effort of trynig to write graffiti... FUCKING WRITE GRAFFITI.

Kaes1 ebt/ vhs/ bv/ hyf, VIRGINIA

props to niser for saying what needed to be said about this bullshit

Guest mikro137
Originally posted by cheerleader

i think the problem is there is some 'kinder gentler' rule in the paperchase area that i am violating. sorry yall, i will try harder to observe the whole hippy commune vibe you have established here.

all graff is awesome. everything is good, biting isnt bad, its all about love and art man. dude, youre getting SO GOOD! *pat on back* im SOOOO proud of the progress youve made, youre very special and unique and just darn tootin fantastic!

lets all have some milk and cookies now.

wow , i almost choked while reading this... cheeleader , you are a man with the english language at times , you know that ;)

oh vir(u)s , you still suck. tie your fat laces trogether and make a noose for yourself. it was bad enough already that you wrote virus , but now you bite his letters. shit that virus has done , came with years and years of painstaking labor , and a love for his craft. you are akin to those guys at hotels every third sunday of the summer , who get paid off the wall amounts of money to rip off legit artists such as o'kefe and renoir , for stupi white trash that want to support the "art commuinity".

fuck you.

this thread is all out of wack.. i totally agree with what Tre$Loco$ is saying.. even though im sure im apart of every put down he mentioned.. it makes me not want to post and get critics takling about my shit, it makes me want to be more HARDCORE and say FUCK this and just learn the way youre supposed to, not holding someone else's fucking hand..

fuck the people who just want critics, and fuck myself.

i need to go out and hit a wall, get my ass beat for it, cause some beef for myself and know what its like to be hardcore.. fuckin sneaking behind an abandoned store.. FUCK MYSELF..

nice post Loco$ ;)

Originally posted by mr.VIRS

cheerleader you call me a biter ??? i can find 10 milion ways that your work looks like zones shit yet i m not gonna do it you know y?

cuz i m not an asshole im not you and i actually care about outher writers and want the whole shit to be bigger then it is and as far as i m conserned you suck balls you piece of shit ,i showed you wut i have to learn from ,and could use a mentor like you cuz i feel your shit and the only way of me learning is by asking you shit

the other thread i did " my virs collection" was going down hard when i posted new work ppl did not replie so i needed somthing to get you attn. to critic me and i promise a cuple of years from now me and my crew will be bombing shit

You my freind are a retard...I seiously doubt that Cheer was ever even influenced by zone in the least, although they probably share some common classic influences. Just cause you like some of the shit zone does doesent mean he made it up, and he'll tell you that..Its called classic NYC letterforms. Go to the basement and study for a year or two and dont come out untill your knowledgableof the subject. You arent in any position to call people out..Let me state some facts..

1. Virs is a biter strait up Fact.

2. Some cats were nice to him and did some shit in a book someone was nice enought to hook up for him.

3. Virs is a bossy little prick who makes demands on people who are doing him a favor.

4. Hes an ungratefull little fuck who will continue to bite as long as he'e getting fed...

So go ahead, continue to feed this little herb, most who have, now regret it..

yeah one last time to any other kids on here...just to be clear...im not hating on the general status of being a young bookworm..if thats what you are, dont fret, we all were at a time. but the real way to get better is to do work, keep drawing everyday, and get out and paint. seriously, you should make a minimum like "i will paint at LEAST on piece per week no matter what"..especially if you are under 18, that is the one and only time to go wild...you should be doing all your critical years of bombing now too. after 18, its a whole new legal ballgame.

so, please, dont take any of this criticism here as like a blanket criticism of anyone young and wack....but understand that graffiti was and always will be about respect and word of mouth...and while its hard to earn a good rep, its reeeal easy to earn a bad rep...and while the internet can be a nice way to see stuff and read stuff, it *isnt* the place to earn your rep. believe me, in 3 years, you will be embarassed you used to post sketches online..not cause its really that shameful, its jus tthat when you see how the game really works, youll see how heavyhanded and unreal this whole process is. just like anyhting in life: keep the interwebbing to a minimum and youll be straight.

Guest Propaganda

We have a no kinder World War Three in our hands and it is outta control. I like, other than that, Virs is no where be found. It did take a while for people to understand what Cheerleader was talking about in first place. It was all bout biting. That is all. Not talking shit. Harsh yes bgut wasn't shit talk. Many people wouldn't prob know cause they don't research or plan to learn about there hirstory of writers, artist, taggers or whatever. They hear about graffiti and all they want to do is paint and draw. Missing a factor key which is too learn for the most part. That is why many people couldn't detect a bite in any how and gave advice like "yea good job you are improving" or "man that is better than before".

________________________________________________________-

cheerleader you call me a biter ??? i can find 10 milion ways that your work looks like zones shit yet i m not gonna do it you know y?

cuz i m not an asshole im not you and i actually care about outher writers and want the whole shit to be bigger then it is and as far as i m conserned you suck balls you piece of shit ,i showed you wut i have to learn from ,and could use a mentor like you cuz i feel your shit and the only way of me learning is by asking you shit

the other thread i did " my virs collection" was going down hard when i posted new work ppl did not replie so i needed somthing to get you attn. to critic me and i promise a cuple of years from now me and my crew will be bombing shit

__________________________________________________________-

You prob aren't a asshole yes but you willing to fight back wo which you have no rights or gain any more to yet. So in other words, you making yourself look like asshole. This all can be avoided if you just let it go.

o k these is the last comment from me in this thread or in this fucking forum ....all of you say i bite virus aa, y is that ? beacuz my V looks like his? well the only thing i can say is i saw 20 writers that use that v.

you all say that cheer never had influance from zone and he is useing the nyc classic style well thats exactlly wut i m trying to learn the one and only style i like and trying to learn. i admit at my firs months i bit virus but after that i worked on shit by my own as you can see all the sketches i posted are the same fucking letters with diffrent add ons wich means i got my simples down after monthes of work and changing V's

all i did to my simple is ad arowws now i m working on bending them more. but any way i dont bite thats the only thing i wont admit cuz i havent done it,

and about the bossy shit i m not bossy i m sorry but you all just read it wrong it wasent demanding but just requesting for more i m a dude that is pleased to here critics good and bad none less it helps me thats all

but any way i dont care i got all the shit i needed i got cans of krylon for 1.50$ a can

german fats and thins

ny fats and thins

and sketches i can paint

cheer when i get 18 i could still paint the cops dont care here so it dosent matter

i hope you enjoyed my shit here peace

ViRsOnE b52

Originally posted by Tyler Durden

you have 2 fills in easy spots and good deal of people waiting to give you one hell of a beating. but hey, thats none of my business i suppose. time to shutup.

as far as virs goes, theres improvement in the later ones. especially the more simple ones. end.

SHUT UP YOU FAT FUCK YOU SHALL CONTINUE TO MEET FRIENDS OVER THE INTERNET...GIVE ME A BEATING PLEASE MY SCREENAME IS ORANGEMIDDLES YOU KNOW IT SO STOP ACTING LIFE A TUFF GUY WHEN YOUR JUST A FAT ASS

ay VIRS

ay VIRS u think u could send me some stickers so i can sell em on ebay, im sure u know u bein so famouse, that they should sell good, o and dont worry some of the money i get back from it, ill give u 2 enroll in some kinda drawing class:D

Re: ay VIRS

Originally posted by c-lander

ay VIRS u think u could send me some stickers so i can sell em on ebay, im sure u know u bein so famouse, that they should sell good, o and dont worry some of the money i get back from it, ill give u 2 enroll in some kinda drawing class:D

dont be an asshole.

im not picking sides, this is just my opinionated perspective in a ranting form. i dont think virs is the best, i dont think he is the worst.

its funny how one asshole comes out of the closet, then all the other assholes sense the stench from the first asshole, they merge and become this small group of assholes.. what would happen if all the trendy asshole follower pieces of shit merged at once??? man this world would be full of insane chaotic trendy assholes, unlike now.. its just full trendy prep ass followers who do shit for the image. FUCK YOU.

who cares if virs isnt liked.. he has the right frame of mind about this shit from what ive seen... he doesnt go out and merge the assholes... he just sits back and wants some fucking feedback. so far so good until one dick comes out and becomes an asshole..

give him a break guys. its just bullshit that you guys freak out like that thinking it will do any good.. maybe you know it'll just do bad, also supporting my whole asshole merging theory...

keep sketching and painting virs.

Guest Propaganda
Originally posted by shor

im not picking sides, this is just my opinionated perspective in a ranting form. i dont think virs is the best, i dont think he is the worst.

its funny how one asshole comes out of the closet, then all the other assholes sense the stench from the first asshole, they merge and become this small group of assholes.. what would happen if all the trendy asshole follower pieces of shit merged at once??? man this world would be full of insane chaotic trendy assholes, unlike now.. its just full trendy prep ass followers who do shit for the image. FUCK YOU.

who cares if virs isnt liked.. he has the right frame of mind about this shit from what ive seen... he doesnt go out and merge the assholes... he just sits back and wants some fucking feedback. so far so good until one dick comes out and becomes an asshole..

give him a break guys. its just bullshit that you guys freak out like that thinking it will do any good.. maybe you know it'll just do bad, also supporting my whole asshole merging theory...

keep sketching and painting virs.

It wasn't based on being a asshole man but lets end it here and let the thread die. We all have opions about the subject. That what makes a person.

Archived