MODEL TRAINS

FLESHEATER

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
but I will def. be reading up on it.

^^words of wisdom...until you have the space and budget for it best thing to do is read, research, pick up a car here and there, watch youtube videos....and DREAM BIG!!!

i constantly push this forum but it is good for beginners and people looking to seriously get into the hobby.

http://www.modelrailroadforums.com/forum/index.php (word of advice tho, dont mention that you write.)

and

http://www.modeltrainsweathered.com (these guys are not as conservative about graffiti because it is part of the weathering craft.)

but I will def. be reading up on it.

^^words of wisdom...until you have the space and budget for it best thing to do is read, research, pick up a car here and there, watch youtube videos....and DREAM BIG!!!

i constantly push this forum but it is good for beginners and people looking to seriously get into the hobby.

http://www.modelrailroadforums.com/forum/index.php

(word of advice tho, dont mention that you write.)

and

http://www.modeltrainsweathered.com/forum/

(these guys are not as conservative about graffiti because it is part of the weathering craft.)

Pm me if you have some of those old HO cryos for sale/trade...

I found mine on ebay. 2 CRYO's and a Simplot.

Walthers Model numbers

932-5450 undec

932-5451 Arcticar Demo

932-5452 Simplot

932-5453 Arcticar/McCain

932-5454 Cryo-Trans/Carnation

932-5455 Cryo-Trans

932-5456 Cryo-Trans/UFF

zed..funny story with that piece...it was never done on a train..Kasa did that with Eon at the Pelham Bay in 86..Someone jacked the piece and then put it on a train...It's one thing to jack the flicks but then to take it to the next level and jack the piece..that is crazy...I always wanted to know if that was decal or someone painted it..

going to look for a Simplot on eBay....

zed thanks for all the tips, turns out my boys dad is some kinda engineer and builds n wires some crazy shit at his work and i told him what i was doing he i think now after all he showed me n told me im just about a certified electrician, lolz, and the gauge wire we use on train layouts is to small for anything he uses so he gave me enough for my whole layout and all the switchs, i gave him an old MR mag with a how 2 make ur own walk-around throttle so maybe ill get lucky n his pops will make me 1, as for the weathering, yea i posted awhile back my first weathering ever i did on some granners that came wit a 2003 shoprite trainset that i got through a trade, i recently just repainted the unit....from this

Dec19_001.jpg.eb0c8324d6c5eba120e6bc13efdeed28.jpg

too this

Dec26_002.jpg.a7adf97765878fded026f6872a5efe8d.jpg

Dec26_003.jpg.ca1c1b3440bdc7a61be97da9e6443509.jpg

i kept the numbers the same everything else is swaped for espee, n 4 kicks,

Dec20_014.jpg.d6eb485060fb8b7ab5698c57d908442e.jpg

Dec20_021.jpg.19d591b0b84efc2999731e92fb5a775c.jpg

Dec20_018.jpg.a49371747154b838fd459fb37d4ea342.jpg

photo-1.jpg.81d623dd9846a3e875c9dbc26b61a76b.jpg

also zed thanks for the sawdust dip worked awsome,

n fresh, real nice cars,

gr also n get some track!

• Like 1

it is at the end of the line but the rest of em are 50 footers and the cryo is a 70 and its about 3 feet taller than all of those cars. its a beast

Oh, i see. Iv never seen a cryo with boxcars in real life, only with a line of cryos. So i couldnt tell the difference. My bad!

2003 shoprite trainset!

wow - shoprite:lol: . you must be in NY or the tri-state area...havent heard of that store in mad years.

no prob on the info..the SP repaint looks good also.

@seoren. that set up looks slick. i think i painted one of them CP pac man joints back in like 92. unless you plan on getting serious into the hobby you can get away with that line up.

good way to always tell older boxcars from modern ones is the running board at the top. sometime in the 1980s (or maybe 70s) the railroad removed all running boards from boxcars because with dynamic breaking, there was no longer a reason for anyone to be running accross the top of a train. but thats just some super nerd shit. point is just have fun with it - like EAD's alligator:lol: :lol:

zed glad u liked my alligator haha yea u guessed it i see shoprite trains out every xmas, there cheap but well built, i think once something goes its done, probly not worth the trouble trying 2 track down any broken or missing parts but good 4 only 25bucks i havnt had any problems n i got ones from 94 - 95

GEDC2086.jpg

GEDC2087.jpg

caught these on Thursday. I have been seeing unit trains of these for over 10 years. the placement of the reporting marks is obviously not prototypical though. naturally, the newer 70' ers are most common today, but there are still a few orange 1200s in the mix.

i think Athearn makes the tropis in the photo above, not Lionel - but i agree about Lionel's approach to model aesthetics. they make toys, not model trains. apropos, the Cryo in the photo above is grossly inaccurate - in addition to the oversized coupler and huge flanges.