MODEL TRAINS

FLESHEATER

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
that reefer conversion looks like it has alot of potential, please keep us updated on it, that was very crafty using that truck, i also have a 86' boxcar and plan on running it on my new layout im working on, i dont think it will be to much worst on turns then those intermobels, anyway heres some fliks of the progress, its been a week and progressing fast, this first shot would look great if i photoshoped in trees where my house is haha

th_Image1.jpg

thats the only flik i got wit an iphone so enjoy it the rest r from a shitty cell phone, backdrop

th_Nov23_005.jpg th_Nov23_003.jpg th_Nov23_009.jpg

back to some train shots,

th_Nov25_002.jpg th_Nov25_003.jpg th_Nov25_005.jpg

thats all for now maybe ill get more better shots over the weekend n some wit some graff, till next time hope every1 had a happy turkey day

I haven't been around here since before turkey day and it was a good one. This year it was at my house

good time

recovered all week

cool, I'll certainly post pictures of that TPIX project here and on GWRXR when I start it

EAD, puttin work into this layout. Nice, man

I like the bridge detailing

ead, shits dope! your layout looking pro. happy thanksgiving to all.

grabbed a few minutes this morn to get started on my thrall high side gondola project.

also worked on theis small staging area - just for flix

good idea

I need to make a back drop for photos. I built a track section for pictures but thats it

if you paint (weather) those tracks, it will look better in photos, just sayin' Bro

MI - model subways normally come brand new and shiny. the weathering process is usually done by the artist (or someone who knows how to weather). like all model train types model subways come in various scales. the most common model railroad scale is HO (no relation to the slang word for whore)

Scale_Comparison_05.jpg

in this photo, the smaller one is HO scale and the larger one is O scale. HO literally means "Half O" because HO is aporx half the size of O scale.

model subway cars are pretty expensive as far as what i have seen. last time i was in NYC they had some R17s in HO scale full motorized for around 200.00 a car at the transit museum gift shop. you may do a web search and find some cheaper. but if your planning to do a full 10 car set - your going to spend a minimum of 1000.00 regardless of scale.

this site has some bare unpainted non-motorized cars for around 40-60 bucks, but they will take a lot of work to get them looking like the one in the photo you posted.

http://islandmodelworks.com/Subway.html

also, just for shits and giggles, this dude has a couple of full length classic subways running at 2:00:

have fun~

I haven't been around here since before turkey day and it was a good one. This year it was at my house

good time

recovered all week

cool, I'll certainly post pictures of that TPIX project here and on GWRXR when I start it

EAD, puttin work into this layout. Nice, man

I like the bridge detailing

thanks homie my boy scratch built it, heres a closer shot

photo.jpg

also notable, danthrax thanks 4 sharing the vid ur layout looks awsome

DA n OK ur cars look awsome whats good wit an extange

n zed ur coffee table industry is bad ass love that werehouse its just what i need 2 make 4 my layout question tho 4 woodnt sawdust b bad for the motors, i hear carpets the worst wit mircofibers n all cause im tryin 2 figuer out what i could get alot of 4 close 2 nothing or free to put down 4 grass in my layout, my finger tips r stained green from tie dying couch foam to use as heavy forrest, n heres some more shitty cell fliks...

Dec08_002.jpg

Dec14_008.jpg

Dec14_006.jpg

Dec14_002.jpg

Nov30_001.jpg

ead - thanks. i didnt use sawdust on that particular scene and that line is not running, just a staging area for fliks. however, you can make grass really cheap by using sawdust and painting it green. i did it once and it came out pretty good. i got a huge bag of sawdust from home depot for free. they were happy to get rid of it actually. as for the sawdust getting in the engine motor, as with any scenery you lay down on your layout always seal it with white glue water mix in a spray bottle. that will keep the dust out of your trains. there are a bunch of tutorials on the web on just about everything model rr realted. i dont remember where i saw the sawdust one - it was a few years ago. try here for starters tho:

http://www.modelrailroadforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16192

^^this forum is like the 12oz of model railroading

im sure if you google it you can find something close..on the sawdust, weathering and just about anything else you may want to do with your trains.

ead - thanks. i didnt use sawdust on that particular scene and that line is not running, just a staging area for fliks. however, you can make grass really cheap by using sawdust and painting it green. i did it once and it came out pretty good. i got a huge bag of sawdust from home depot for free. they were happy to get rid of it actually. as for the sawdust getting in the engine motor, as with any scenery you lay down on your layout always seal it with white glue water mix in a spray bottle. that will keep the dust out of your trains. there are a bunch of tutorials on the web on just about everything model rr realted. i dont remember where i saw the sawdust one - it was a few years ago. try here for starters tho:

http://www.modelrailroadforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16192

^^this forum is like the 12oz of model railroading

im sure if you google it you can find something close..on the sawdust, weathering and just about anything else you may want to do with your trains.

thanks zed u the man, i was wonder by white glue, elmers? also i just join up on gwrxr n the link u posted to how 2 build the warehouse didnt work, if u can find a link 2 it again itd be a huge help, just pm me it or post it up, either or thanks.