The Photography Thread

MrChupacabra

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
A little dark.

The last one is noce though.

Graham, good stuff as always.

I might be in Cali for a couple days in November.

All of them except for the last were shot in shitty lighting. The band one i had to get in whatever lighting flickered on. I like it though. Agreed about the other two.

412374876_69dc76f1c5_o.jpg

406647120_c207170428_o.jpg

i really like the color and contrast of these photos, but i really dont think pictures of suburban rich folk matters to the rest of middle class america.

hell, i dont need to see pictures of these pompus retards, i can just go to the local mall and point out these unrealistic-unoriginal-pretentious-fashion zombies.

but good photos though, but again, i could careless about the boring subjects.

oh and rage, im in california as well so if you come down here let me know :D

Word. Not sure if I'll be in SF or LA this time.

My other half wants to visit SF, as he's never been. I'm pushing a bit for LA, since I've never been AND it's closer to Vegas.

^^^ what are you a n00b or something?

Nah I am doing shoots for 3 bands that I am in. Everyone keeps saying they are gonna get a photographer never does so I am jsut going to do it myself all at one time... I know how to use the camera to get it to do what I want at least I have done it with ancient 35mm's (since poor kids dont get quality stuff) just lost interest since ther isnt an instant turn around and me being jealous of digital slr's i stopped taking pics. My cousins parents just got him some nasty camera so I am gonna grab it and do a shoot this weekend.

I am going to use a smaller version of one of these some thin sheets and some droplights/lights from one of my bands light bars

Tent%20Bob%20in%20the%20Rain.jpg

wish me luck THANKS RAGE!!!

Hey before I get this started is there anything I should know about lighting or setting up lights. I am worried that if I just have a light chilling on the side that most of its brightness will get lost in the room. Should I make some sort of funnel thing that will focus the light at side of the tent so the shit doesnt get lost?

If you're trying to mimic my shots, with a bleached out background, just try to get as many lights on the background as possible. Make sure they are all the same type of bulb, or you'll get different contrasts in colors.

I think that's what you are referring to.

Here is a diagram I drew up in relation to the shots I did on the previous page.

4-17-07a.jpg

You want to be sure that the lights are mainly hitting the background, but had some diffused fill light on the subject. Nothing too harsh.

rage whats the deal with RISD? more fine art based?

im planing on visiting RIT in june. get readdddddyyy.

actaully ill be with my pops so well see.

I looked in to RISD, but I wasn't as impressed with their Photo department as I was with RIT. I didn't actually take a tour of RISD though. Plus, they're super expensive.

El Mamerro went there, so you can shoot some questions at him.

Let me know if you want to hang out or get a tour.

That is if you can get away from your dad.

If you're trying to mimic my shots, with a bleached out background, just try to get as many lights on the background as possible. Make sure they are all the same type of bulb, or you'll get different contrasts in colors.

I think that's what you are referring to.

Here is a diagram I drew up in relation to the shots I did on the previous page.

4-17-07a.jpg

You want to be sure that the lights are mainly hitting the background, but had some diffused fill light on the subject. Nothing too harsh.

Once again droppin knowledge! Thanks mang this is exactly what I needed!!!

Dope bro.

P.S. When I am at home shooting something like that, I use one of those metal clamp lamps that you can find in Home Depot and Lowe's. They're like under $10. You could even buy 2 or 3, some high wattage clear bulbs and get something just as decent.

Best of luck and post up when you're done!

i really like the color and contrast of these photos, but i really dont think pictures of suburban rich folk matters to the rest of middle class america.

hell, i dont need to see pictures of these pompus retards, i can just go to the local mall and point out these unrealistic-unoriginal-pretentious-fashion zombies.

but good photos though, but again, i could careless about the boring subjects.

the one in the middle is smashable though.

i havnt been on here a while. staying real busy. Its good to hear what you guys have to say re schools and stuff. Issac, I was in the same place as you a few years ago and it really sucks. but we are young and have plenty of time. in order to stay wiith a career you enjoy you have to do something you really enjoy. and if photo is that thing, go for it and dont look back. but agree with decaying, maybe you could intern in a gallery, or studio, it will probably be unpaid for a while but after a few months, they probably will start paying you. just get some experience, take a lot of pictures. if you know what avenue you want to do, (people, photo journal, advertisment) start building on that, maybe soime mini portfolios. good luck!!!!

some stuff for a buddy of mine

_MG_9198.jpg

_MG_9257.jpg

_MG_9110.jpg

these are sweet.. am i right to assume ur using a flash unit?

are u sing some sort of defusing technique..

really nice shots none the less!

heaps of really nice photos int his thread, alot of talent!:)

dark lens- i agree with what you are saying about the subjects but the photographs are good. constuctive crtisizm will be taken a lot better. try that next time.

eye saws- just a regular canon 580 flash unit. about 10-15 feet off. balanced with the day light.

optimus prime. i am down.

i got one of these 8x10 if someone wants it.

tires_printer.jpg

rage still owes me a print!