The Photography Thread

MrChupacabra

with every new comment from wriot that i see, i become more and more certain that he is either a cop, or so dumb that he's in jeopardy of forgetting to breathe.

poop man bob,

theres absolutely nothing wrong with fucking with contrast/saturation of digital pics in photoshop. if you were in a dark room you would do all that same stuff so why is it 'cheating' if you do it with a digital file? it is rare that anyone takes a photo that wouldnt be made better with the use of a contrast filter or a little dodging and burning.

not that im saying you were implying that, just saying that IMO theres nothing to be ashamed/afraid of.

thats all.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by seeking

poop man bob,

theres absolutely nothing wrong with fucking with contrast/saturation of digital pics in photoshop. if you were in a dark room you would do all that same stuff so why is it 'cheating' if you do it with a digital file? it is rare that anyone takes a photo that wouldnt be made better with the use of a contrast filter or a little dodging and burning.

not that im saying you were implying that, just saying that IMO theres nothing to be ashamed/afraid of.

thats all.

Yeah .. a photographer friend of mine told me the exact same thing when I linked him to this thread.

Thanks for giving me the heads up.

thansk...

as for the photoshopping debate.. i often fiddle about with contrast and colour levels, to varying degrees, cos my scanner tends to make things look paler and reduces contrast. also, in the photo of the bird on the powerline, the clouds were slightly pink-coloured because i used a skylight filter, so i adjusted that.

has anyone here heard of andreas gursky, or like his work?

word up to "developing included" film purchases. I do that with anything I need to take to the pro lab up here. Hey sickboy, I got a minneapolis question for you. what shape is the old miluakee road train station in? when I was there last (a few years back) it was still super gnar. rusted out and boarded up. that whole trainshed just screamed "hop the metal fence and waste a whole roll on me" but I wasn't into taking pictures back then. always regretted it. I got a few shitty color ones...but I dont even have those around anymore....back in the praries at my folks house. just curious.

Originally posted by ese

Hey sickboy, I got a minneapolis question for you. what shape is the old miluakee road train station in? when I was there last (a few years back) it was still super gnar. rusted out and boarded up. that whole trainshed just screamed "hop the metal fence and waste a whole roll on me" but I wasn't into taking pictures back then. always regretted it. I got a few shitty color ones...but I dont even have those around anymore....back in the praries at my folks house. just curious.

hmmm, that definitely sounds worth my checking out one of these days. I've been looking for somewhere to take some new shots at. Unfortunetly i have no idea what shape its in.

Originally posted by ese

Yep. tmax100 goes in, iso set manually to 400. all the photos are metered as if it was 400 and it gets dropped off at the lab without telling them its pushed. and voila. super contrasty photos.

doesn't that just underexpose all the shots? weird. i liked those results though, the architectural ones in particular.