The Photography Thread

MrChupacabra

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by jbrshmonster

this is ILL!

ese i want one of those..

care to explain what settings you used?

rage check your email a little later

bump!

that ones a bit of a cheat. its a shot from my digi that has the standard pre-set modes. I set it to "no flash" so it takes a longer exposure, and voila! the trick is keeping the camera steady against the window of the car as its moving.

Originally posted by Tyler Durden

ese, what kind of color film are you using?

for slides I'm using sensia 400, but the print stuff is mostly generic or konica 400iso. I did a bit of 800, and 200, but the vast bulk of shooting is with 400.

Originally posted by MrChupacabra

Question for anyone about double exposures...the question is would this idea hyrax and i were discussing work, and if not, does anyone have some ways that they personally do double exposures.

MrScojangles: Alright, so on your camera, you have some switch or knob that you have to turn before it allows you to rewind the film, correct?

antigregarious: yep

MrScojangles: the thought is that when that is turned to allow it to rewind, the film can't move forward, so you "cock" your camera to take another picture while that is turned, which means the film isn't going to move, but the camera is ready to take another shot

MrScojangles: which technically would be over the shot you just took

MrScojangles: i'm not 100% sure that this would work, but in theory it should...i'm kinda planning on testing that theory soon

antigregarious: hmm...if try to advance the film tho the reel's teeth are still in the film

MrScojangles: hmmm

MrScojangles: but when that rewind knob is turned doesn't it not allow it to move forward?

antigregarious: i dunno i could test it out lol

MrScojangles: like i said...it was just kinda a theory that might work

antigregarious: lemme go get my cam

MrScojangles: i think i'm going to grace 12oz with this conversation and see if anyone can back up or disprove my theory, or possibly tell me their ways of going about with double exposures

Anyone?

yes this method works with my camera, an olympus OM40. after i have taken the first shot i lift up the small rewind lever and take up the slack. while holding down the rewind button and keeping the lever in place, i 'cock' the shutter in the normal way but the film doesn't move. i then take the next shot or shots on top of the first, usually with disasterous results. :D

fucking amazing thread by the way everyone. :cool:

sorry if i bring this thread downhill, these are just a few flicks from my first roll of film and first attempt with a camera, definatly nothing special but i was pretty happy with them:dazed:

http://www.fotango.com/p/eba00333295f00000001.jpg'>

http://www.fotango.com/p/eba00333295f00000002.jpg'>

http://www.fotango.com/p/eba00333295f00000003.jpg'> desperated in photoshop

Originally posted by -Rage-

I think you mean desaturated.

:D

hehe yeah thanks for the correction:p i like your work man, you been into photography long?

thanks Tyler also for the comment, appreciated

Guest imported_b0b

All of my photogrpahy to date has been with fixed-focus snapshot cameras or digital. I just go myself a lomo, but that is automatic so it easy too. I know the effects I want to achieve and have an idea of the images i want on film, but don't know which equipment/film will help me achieve them. Where should I start? A massive question I know. I was gonna get a few photography for dummies type books to to introduce me to a loads of things, but was wondering if anyone could reccomend any books in particular? Or any other pointers? All help much appreciated.