The Photography Thread

MrChupacabra

No, I'm serious though. Don't pretend like I didn't ask it. What is special about the camera? Is there something? It isn't a stupid question, I just have no fucking clue what the idea was. Either clue me in or be a bunch of assholes. Either way, give me an answer because I seriously don't know.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by GnomeToys@Apr 2 2005, 08:26 PM

No, I'm serious though.  Don't pretend like I didn't ask it.    What is special about the camera?  Is there something?    It isn't a stupid question, I just have no fucking clue what the idea was.  Either clue me in or be a bunch of assholes.  Either way, give me an answer because I seriously don't know.

There's nothing special about the camera itself, it's an old polaroid 220, you can grab them off ebay for under $10 usually.

What's special about the project itself, and the whole reason the entire package is being mailed around, is that there's a book with it. Everyone in the passaround gets 2 pages front and back, to do whatever they want with. So it's not just polaroid pictures being taken and put in a book, but it's everyone contributing their own artwork.

ps. if anyone can directly reach Ese, please do so and get him to pass on his address to me, cause that's all I'm waiting on at this point

Sans sherif: that is a dope idea, wish this was happening 2 months from now cause i am going to order a poloroid soon and see what magic i can make, if you've seen the pics i've posted you can tell i am beast with a 35, but i want to start working with other types of gear, the work i've seen with poloroids is pretty cool, figured i learn on one.

Gnome toys:you stick with digital cause its ass. im sorry if that offends a whole lot of people, which it will, and i am not really sorry, but while i have seen some ill work with digital, shit that can't be done with film, i have yet to see a digital shot that really captues me and shoves emotion down my spine the way film does. maybe saying digital is ass is a little harsh but i for one am impressed a hell of a lot more with film shots. also knowing that the actual frame was brought to life in someones hands in a lab somewhere, instead of downloading it on to your hard drive is another factor....whatever thats me.

fermentor: i cant remember which, but one of the very popular soft synths i beleive has a TR 606 model on it and is very tweakable....but you dont seem like a soft synth guy at all, i like that, keep shit natural, technology is good i love it but sometimes you gotta get vintage on some shit to give it that organic sound, so much new shit coming out sounds like video game butt slop, if you know how to use soft synths well and can really recreate a natural sound thats one thing, i for one like to keep shit hood dutty with my yamaha dx100...ask a brotha.

oh yeah...

1.jpg

this is hot

puppies.jpg

very nice, you cant seem to go wrong with dogs, ever, all dog pictures turn out good for some reason. props on the pups.

*edit...some mother fuckers can't spell, i am one of those mother fuckers

Originally posted by 8onus@Apr 3 2005, 02:48 AM

also knowing that the actual frame was brought to life in someones hands in a lab somewhere, instead of downloading it on to your hard drive is another factor....whatever thats me.

most purists would rather process the film themselves but that's just them...

Originally posted by GnomeToys@Apr 3 2005, 03:53 AM

8onus, that's your opinion, but why the hell was it directed at me?

you triggered my ranting, thats all.

reality max: "most purists would rather process the film themselves but that's just them..."

im not a purist, i am open to new ideas and all but yeah, i like to have the film in my hands from begining to end. its the same way some people work on thier own cars so they always know that thier own sweat made everything work right.

edit: realitymax, what city are those pictures from? looks familiar.

8onus: I actually write a lot of stuff using Reason, Fruityloops 2.0, and an old copy of Cooledit simply because I can get them for free. But I'm definitly in favor of hardware over software, it's just getting my hands on real equipment is difficult and expensive, plus I hate spending a shitload of money on something and then having no idea how to use it (like I did with a Yamaha RMX-1 a few years back). I'm slowly building an analog collection but I'm making sure that not only am I sure of what I'm getting, but that it is also actually analog, I want to get away from digital sounds. But Reason can be a very, very good program if you use it correctly.

But enough thread-hijacking, sorry.

Originally posted by 8onus+Apr 3 2005, 03:10 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (8onus - Apr 3 2005, 03:10 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-GnomeToys@Apr 3 2005, 03:53 AM

8onus, that's your opinion, but why the hell was it directed at me?

edit: realitymax, what city are those pictures from? looks familiar.

[/b]

atlanta

Originally posted by hyrax@Apr 2 2005, 02:57 PM

wow, talk about hostility. jesus christ, did you see my last post? i said it'd be done within a week. if i can get in touch with ese it should be mailed off by monday. i've posted on here a couple times for him to get in touch with me but he hasn't. i've just sent him an e-mail so hopefully he'll read it before then.

you think that was hostile?

NO

it was to get you off your ass.

if you had bothered to read what i posted brfore bunching up your panties, shit i typed like "have a lovely day," and "not trying to bitch, trying to nag", then you'd know this was mostly for RAGE's benefit, since people like yourself are not on top of things and didn't get the information when you should have.

don't blame me for having to get bitchy just to make something happen.

you want hostile?

go suck yourself cumwad.

read and learn: that is being hostile.

and once again. thanks rage for bothering with all us.

hopefully this will get sewn up before someone gets bitchslapped.

better luck with the next one indeed.

IMG_1228.jpg

IMG_1174.jpg

IMG_1185.jpg

[joey lawrence voice]

whoa

[/joey lawrence voice]

Symbols, breathe.

:D

I don't mind how long it takes all together.

As long as I eventually get it in one piece, then I'm happy.

I could also give two shits about the camera itself. The book is what I'd love to hold and keep for a long time.

It would be a great way to remember my time spent here on 12oz and the friends I've made.

Enough ranting from me..

In other news PM's have been sent to the lucky TEN for round TWO...

- MisPantalonesEstaEnfuega

- geist

- jbrshmonster

- BROWNer

- Cracked Ass

- b0b

- ckit

- fr8junkie

- onesecondple

- MrChupacabra

If anyone drops out, there will be spots available, and I'll see what happens.

Also, fr8lover didn't you miss out on Round ONE way back?

If so, I'm adding you as #11.

KTHX.

haha haaaaa....

see, when you yell, people listen, and i know this.

i'm not the least bit upset about all this.

this PPA thing is about as important as whether i get junk mail today.

it's lovely outside.

have a good week peeps.

^^ It's because it seemed no one could get ahold of $360.

I was rather annoyed.

But nothing compared to when it took a whole month to go from Tesseract to Chupa. We all thought it was lost at sea and it hadn't even made it to the second person.

Originally posted by Fr8Junkie+Apr 4 2005, 07:51 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fr8Junkie - Apr 4 2005, 07:51 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>hey rage count me out for PPA round 2. it'll be too much of a hassle because of my location. maybe i can participate a few rounds later.

[/b]

Ah, that sucks. I know you got knocked out of Round One.

I'll totally keep you informed of upcoming rounds and other projects.

<!--QuoteBegin-ctrl+alt+del@Apr 4 2005, 08:16 PM

pssh rage pants, cadism gets no loving?

You want in?

Fr8lover...

that dog Polaroid is great.

Did you want in on the PPA?

I send out an old school Polaroid camera (seen here), two new 20 packs of Polaroid 669 color film and a handmade book.

The deal is, you take two Polaroids with the camera and film given, paste them in your two designated pages in the book anyway you want.. paint on it, draw in it, do whatever.

Then it goes to the next person.

I've also said that it's fine if anyone wants to add more OTHER Polaroid pictures.. like 600 film, 500 film, etc.

The purpose of the PPA is to get the people on the list to use an old fold-out Polaroid camera and also to use Peel-Apart film.

It's a great photography medium that not many people are aware of, and it still exists.