· • H A R D C O R E music T H R E A D • ·

-Rage-

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxRxKYsTnnA

So bummed i didn't see them. Also bummed i didn't see Crow, Slang and a slew of others...but mostly Bastard.

In totally unrelated news, i'm moving to Boston in under 2 weeks and am psyched to be in relatively close proximity to some cities that actually have scenes and shows. I'm also excited to start making some heinously filthy noise rock with two old school Boston ouncers.

To the boston folks that frequent this thread and don't suck (you know who you are), let's grab a beer some time in the not too distant future once i've settled into a new place.

Cream your fucking jeans. Swans tour 2010:

Swans - 2010 Tour Dates

Sept 28 Philadelphia, PA @ Trocodero Theater

Sept 29 Washington, DC @ Black Cat

Sept 30 Boston, MA @ Middle East downstairs

Oct 01 Montreal, QC @ Le National - Pop Montreal fest

Oct 02 Toronto, ON @ Lee's Palace

Oct 04 Detroit, MI @ Crofoot Ballroom

Oct 05 Chicago, IL at Bottom Lounge

Oct 08 Brooklyn, NY @ Brooklyn Masonic Temple.

Oct 09 New York, NY @ Bowery Ballroom

New record some time this year too. I'm really hoping for a return to the early, terrifyingly brutal Swans' sound, but i'd settle for them just playing a few old tracks live. I would love to see them play some tracks from Cop, Young God, Filth, Greed or Holy Money. Unhhhhhh.

For the euro folks, they're playing a handful of shows over there as well, but i didn't want to flood this page with dates in countries that no one lives in who gives a damn about this thread. They're up on their site if you happen to be one of the few non north americans who check this thread. http://swans.pair.com/

Not really a fan of Weekend Nachos, but they're good at what they do. I hung out with them before a show they played in Minneapolis once and they're all really odd dudes.

Harm's Way is heavy as dick, but once again it's not my cup of tea.

SFN is just plain awesome, Their drummer is amazing, and for how young they are they've released so much shit it's crazy.

On an unrelated note, anyone know any forums or blogs or whatever that list Massachusetts shows, or northeast shows in general? I'm way too lazy to try to keep tabs on everyones' myspace/blog.