Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
oOsoupOo

The end of the universe

Recommended Posts

In 10 billion years the universe is going to come to an end... In 1 million years, the sun will be 10% more hot, and all of the oceans on earth will evaporate, making earth an unliveable planet... I guess it's depressing the hell out of me because without a universe there is nothing... and if there is no universe, there is no heaven and no hell. If there is another big bang (which is highly unlikely), there might not be black and white.. It might be red and blue. They might not invent things like electricity, the car, houses etc... Everything we know of today might never be invented... I wonder what's out reeeeeeally far out in deeeeeeep space.. it might be cool to see what's out there..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

and what makes you think the universe will come to an end in 10 billion years? we don't even know how long it has been around for let alone how long it will last.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by Jankie:

In time magazine they said that they figured it out... i read it and all that.

 

yeah, but there is absolutely no way to test their theory, so it's all just speculation

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

fortunately, i won't be here in 1 million years so i'm not all that concerned. i don't care what some jerkoff scientists say may or may not happen 999,999,920 years after i'm dead. it's more probable our dumb asses cause a nuclear holocaust.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by graffitiSUX:

you hit the nail on the head there. humans are insignificant

 

um, no, i wasn't trying to say that...i wouldn't say that we're 'insignificant'.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

we're only significant to ourselves. cats don't think you're significant. some sloth climbing a tree in some rainforest in brazil could give a fuck about you. i don't care about you. everyone's conceited. you're jut going to die, so shut up. ... what i meant was, yes, i agree. we're very significant.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

umm i'd like to think that i matter in the world. however, the fact that i make minimum wage doing something i hate, and try to wrtie graffiti to make me different, i know one day im gonna be dust and bones just like the most important man in the world. thats basically my life philosophy. and about the whole world ending thing, i could'nt really care less. im gonna be dead. the world might end tomorrow, you never know. so live today like it was your last.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by Jankie:

In 10 billion years the universe is going to come to an end... In 1 million years, the sun will be 10% more hot, and all of the oceans on earth will evaporate, making earth an unliveable planet... I guess it's depressing the hell out of me because without a universe there is nothing... and if there is no universe, there is no heaven and no hell. If there is another big bang (which is highly unlikely), there might not be black and white.. It might be red and blue. They might not invent things like electricity, the car, houses etc... Everything we know of today might never be invented... I wonder what's out reeeeeeally far out in deeeeeeep space.. it might be cool to see what's out there..

 

i'm not sure if anyone told you yet, but you are going to die before any of that happens. who cares if the sun explodes. if humans are still around in 10 million years we will have a way to leave our planet. we have only been around for a couple of hundred of years and look how far we have come. think about 10 million years from now. and there is no deep space. we are in deep space right now just as much as we would be if we traveled 100 million light years away. don't worry about the future we have enough problems right now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by graffitiSUX:

yeah, but there is absolutely no way to test their theory, so it's all just speculation

 

 

very good!!! i had a teacher who told us the same exact thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by sunburn:

umm i'd like to think that i matter in the world. however, the fact that i make minimum wage doing something i hate, and try to wrtie graffiti to make me different, i know one day im gonna be dust and bones just like the most important man in the world. thats basically my life philosophy. and about the whole world ending thing, i could'nt really care less. im gonna be dead. the world might end tomorrow, you never know. so live today like it was your last.

what if you reincarnate?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok like somebody said before, we don't know how we got here, but there are a few theories (it's big bang/something) which hypothesizes that there's a big bang, but eventually the gravitational force of our universe (or something like that) will pull the universe back in upon its self, until it is basically less than an atom, and then it will happen again, the universe will expand again at however ridiculously fast it does, and the process will keep going like that (I learned all about these theories in Geology 12, but I've forgotten pretty quickly)

 

If that makes any sense

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by pukey1:

Originally posted by sunburn:

umm i'd like to think that i matter in the world. however, the fact that i make minimum wage doing something i hate, and try to wrtie graffiti to make me different, i know one day im gonna be dust and bones just like the most important man in the world. thats basically my life philosophy. and about the whole world ending thing, i could'nt really care less. im gonna be dead. the world might end tomorrow, you never know. so live today like it was your last.

what if you reincarnate?

 

what if monkeys fly out of my ass. why all this speculation? how about we just worry about the present.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

yea, we should worry about now, but if we keep living for today, history tells us that tomorrow will be more of a problem. hows that for whatever...be aware of the past, aware of the future, tiptoe today.

hey roe, head up to the third rail, there's a topic up there you might find interesting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

boogie i know what you are saying, but we are talking about things that will happen millions of years from now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest WebsterUno

Holy Second cup of coffee BATMAN!

Œ„‰´<caron>Áˆˆ¨Ø??ÒÂÒÍÓÅÍ???˜Â¸Ç˜?Ò¨ÔÍÅØ‚ˆ¨Á‡°„Œ¨´´Ô

͸˜Ô´´?ÎÓÍ´´Î¨ØˆÒÔ˜ÎŘ?ÍÓÅ´´<caron>¨ÅÁÓÍÅÍÏÓ‰<caron>´ÍfiŒ„‰·

°Œ°¨±‚”??ÒØÎÔÂÒ?¸Ó?Ø?Ô¸<caron>´´ˆ‚‡¨ÎÓÔÅ??Ô´´?¨ÁÅ<caron>ÎÍ·

°Œ¨´ØŒÔ?˜¸??´´Ï<caron>¨Î‰Á‡Í´´ØˆÍÅÓ?????¨†¨¥®ß†?僩??

??µ??µ˜?ç???©ç¨¥å†©çˆ¨¥???©Á?Ï?†®ˆ¨Á͆؈ÅÁÓØÒ

ŒÓ???©œ<sum>´†¥¨ˆø<pi>“æ…¬åß?ƒƒ©?????¬…¬??µ˜??¥†©?ƒç

???ß<sum>œåå?®†¥¨???©©¨¥¨ˆˆø¨ˆ¨®´<sum>†<sum>´ßåƒ?ß©?ƒ??©¬

???µ˜??©ƒ?¨ˆ†¨?©¬???ƒ†®ˆ¥¥øˆ¥?©¥?©ˆ¨.

peace. http://www.12ozprophet.com/ubb//eek.gif'>

over

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest drewWrite
Originally posted by graffitiSUX:

and what makes you think the universe will come to an end in 10 billion years? we don't even know how long it has been around for let alone how long it will last.

 

um, i'm a geek so i know this kinda stuff, so let me drop some knowledge on you little naysayer:

our universe is around 14 billion years old. this is calculated if you understand physics, chemistry, and some math. study hard on the subjects and then study the theory as to how they calculate it, then make a judgement regarding wether we know the age of the universe or not.

second: this applies to understanding our star we call the sun. go through the process described above regarding getting educated on the matter, then make a decision. i've done both and agree with astronomers.

another thing wrong, our solar system will die in millions of years, but the universe will still have plenty of stars and planets for us to inhabit, and considering how far technology has taken us in the last few hundred years since the industrial revolution, i don't see any problem in being able to go to another solar system in a 10 million years

god, i can't believe i wasted time typing this shit. just curing waiting time at work...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Register for a 12ozProphet forum account or sign in to comment

You need to be a forum member in order to comment. Forum accounts are separate from shop accounts.

Create an account

Register to become a 12ozProphet forum member.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×