Homeland Security Act

jades_blue

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by jades_blue

It's a fucking wonder we're the fatest nation in the world.

your not fat.

(but your point is heavy!)

It easier to go with the flow than to try to swim upstream.

After all, isn't that what every minivan-driving, Ben Afleck movie loving,

back-to-school-shopping, soccer mom wants? Comfort.

Originally posted by Al Green

yes... and huxley was right.. we've been speaking newspeak for a while now...

orwell wrote 1984. huxley wrote brave new world. get your literature straight, or i will straighten it for you.

newspeak is out of 1984...

Guest imported_El Mamerro

As I said in another related thread, this is possibly the shittiest thing that could happen, but I don't see it happening anytime soon. Too much new infrastructure and technology has to be developed and applied, and that takes time. With time, comes new administrations, new leaderships, and new directions. Programs like this can get scrapped real easy.

Vote.

Guest imported_El Mamerro

Yo jades_blue, two quick things:

title III, section 303 - conduct of certain public health-related activities

While the research is labeled "civilian human health-related biological, biomedical, and infectious disease research", it doesn't state that this research would be openly conducted on the civilian population, what the bill says is that the Secretary has to have them carried out through the Dept. of Health and Human Services. How this research is conducted is not part of this act, and still falls under the current Dept. of HHS policy. Knowing the fucked-up history of this nation, more chemical testing on unknowing civilians won't be anything new. This bill doesnt really make it any more or less legal.

title IV, section 402 -FUNCTIONS TRANSFERRED

I think you got confused here, since section 401 outlines the responsibilities of the Under Secretary for Border and Transportation Security, and it can easily be assumed that all the entities mentioned on sec. 402 have to respond to this guy. But the guy they have to respond to is simply "The Secretary" (creepy), which by the bill's definitions is the Homeland Security bigshot, and not the Transportation Under Secretary. In any case, inspections held by the Dept. of Agriculture at the nation's borders could yield information relevant to the Border and Transportation people, so it makes a bit of sense in my eyes.

It's still shitty stuff. Here's hoping it doesn't work out. Beer,

El Mamerro

The Homeland Security Act Does Suck

But the good news is, they will be drowning themselves in information. I strongly recommend that if you want a firearm for the future, all you guys over-18 who want a rifle or shotgun and over-21 folks who want a pistol, NOW IS THE TIME. I would not wait much longer. Buy it in a legal private sale from one-individual-to-another, FOR CASH. No paper trail. Buy ammunition at a gun show, FOR CASH. Buy a case for every firearm you own. You can get a case of 1,000 rounds of 9mm for about $120 and a case of 7.62x39mm Russian steel-cased AK ammunition for less than $100.

You think you got Homeland Security problems now, just wait. Imagine trying unfuck this mess with nothing to fight with.

just make sure to VOTE IN THE NEXT ELECTION PEOPLE. take control of your government. i know your choice for president was a bit limited, but a packet of jello could be doing a better job of running your country right now than gwb is. make some noise. make some big fucking noise! don't just sit in front of your television saying "eh, i couldn't be bothered doing something about it". gwb is leading your country down the shitter - DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT OR THE REST OF THE WORLD WILL SUFFER TOO

Re: The Homeland Security Act Does Suck

Originally posted by KaBar

But the good news is, they will be drowning themselves in information. I strongly recommend that if you want a firearm for the future, all you guys over-18 who want a rifle or shotgun and over-21 folks who want a pistol, NOW IS THE TIME. I would not wait much longer. Buy it in a legal private sale from one-individual-to-another, FOR CASH. No paper trail. Buy ammunition at a gun show, FOR CASH. Buy a case for every firearm you own. You can get a case of 1,000 rounds of 9mm for about $120 and a case of 7.62x39mm Russian steel-cased AK ammunition for less than $100.

You think you got Homeland Security problems now, just wait. Imagine trying unfuck this mess with nothing to fight with.

I got mine. Pre-ban 14 round clip. I don't have the barrel o'ammunition yet, but I've started thinking about it more lately.

The new weapons in the governments plan to snow the people. Products of convenience. Damn near the same effect as numbing the population with drugs.

People definitely need to start voting. Last election I heard a percentage on was something like 40%. Thats just fucking absurd. VOTE!

While I agree with Mamerro that this isn't going to happen soon, it is still a very bad beginning. Tip of the iceberg as they say.

Well. please vote in2004!!And get your parents and family to vote. A funny thing about the homeland bill was all the last minute rydrs attached by republicans(a lil extra). One of the them gives companies that are not in the US the ability and priority to recieve govt contracts, the same companies that moved overseas not to pay taxes and use cheaper slave labor! It also bars parents of kids killed from prematurely distributed vaccines from suing the companies for negligence. A few democrats tried to amend the bill saying how it is totally direspectful of 911, but no one gave a shit.

although im not at all for any type of government infringement, this is an unfortunate neccessity. those of us that paint graffiti (especially on trains) should be for it also, why? well the quicker they round up terrorists the better off we all are and the less the fbi will be giving us warnings to protect our railroads etc, shit i spend most of my time lurking along the tracks, so im beyond pissed that i have to be looking over my shoulder twice as much. The truth about the homeland security act is they have to show proof of possible terrorist ties before they proceed with wiretaps, email searches etc. so if your not plotting to poison our water systems, blow up an elementary school or give us all anthrax then you shouldnt worry about the bill. It sucks that we live in a world like we live in today but what are ya gonna do. its here and we and our gvt have to adjust to it somehow.

Originally posted by zorak

orwell wrote 1984. huxley wrote brave new world. get your literature straight, or i will straighten it for you.

newspeak is out of 1984...

well thanks.. but the dots were supposed to imply a seperation between the two thoughts.. although i guess it didnt do quite a great job..

im so ignorant.. i apologize.. lemme go back to reading something to educate myself so i can be as cool as you for pulling my card.

personally i like being crooked.

but i have back problems. if you can straighten those out id greatly appreciate it.

he signed it today. *smacks head* Tom Ridge voted first secretary. How many are they supposed to have????

bio on Tom Ridge

GEORGE BUSH

With a vast nation to defend, we can neither predict nor prevent every conceivable attack in a free and open society, --- No department of government can completely guarantee our safety against ruthless killers who move and plot in shadows, yet our government will take every possible measure to safeguard ... our people.

Good lookin' out Mamerro.

Originally posted by CRUSH KILL DESTROY

although im not at all for any type of government infringement, this is an unfortunate neccessity. those of us that paint graffiti (especially on trains) should be for it also, why? well the quicker they round up terrorists the better off we all are and the less the fbi will be giving us warnings to protect our railroads etc, shit i spend most of my time lurking along the tracks, so im beyond pissed that i have to be looking over my shoulder twice as much. The truth about the homeland security act is they have to show proof of possible terrorist ties before they proceed with wiretaps, email searches etc. so if your not plotting to poison our water systems, blow up an elementary school or give us all anthrax then you shouldnt worry about the bill. It sucks that we live in a world like we live in today but what are ya gonna do. its here and we and our gvt have to adjust to it somehow.

no its not a blessing, this homeland security thing is bullshit. its never going to go away, terrorists can pop up from anywhere and be anyone, so theyre not going to just "round them up". man im not for terrorism or anything but dont you think that the us should start looking at why so many people hate this country so much. its not like we're gods gift to the world. we are ruining the whole fucking planet and arent about to stop. with the power the usa has it could be doing so much good in the world, actually making this whole planet a better place to live, but insted a few people are making terrible decisions that the whole world is suffering for. i would say that the people in power have their hearts in the wrong places,but the truth is that they are heartless. attatching rediculous fuckin riders to this bill before its passed? thats just adding insult to injury, and it shows that the "leaders" in washington are not in this to make the world a safer place, they have personal gain, control, and power in mind. people need to start waking up to this shit, because its real. this is just the tip of the iceberg, its only going to get worse. oh and i'd give up my trains before i gave up anymore of my "freedom".

and for everyone who said that it will take them a long time to get the technology up to speed with what they want to do, your probably wrong too. we dont know what the gov't has. we do know some things they had in the past that got by everyone for a long time. like satillites that date back to the late 60's that could tell if a dime on the ground at any given point was heads or tails. that was about 40 years ago, where do you think they're at now?? itsa fact that technology bassically doubles itself every 5 years now or something outrageous like that, and it woudlnt be out of character for the government to keep its citizens in the dark again.

this whole situation is fucked up and to be honest i want out of this country, but then i figure ill just move somewhere thats under the thumb of this country and i dont know which is worse.

well i guess if this is being monitered by the powers that be than maybe i just set myself up. whatever though.

"i'm still ready to go against a tank with a shank for my dreams, and thats my fuckin word"

Guest 40ozProphet

Smash shit up. There's only one way to bring down an oppressive government. "If there is hope, it lay in the proles" You only need to educate a few, have them educate a few, and once you have your little group, incite a riot. Nothing better than breaking the law and opening eyes.

Okay I took the time to actually read the whole fucking bill and heres my thoughts about it:

There is one guy that is going to be in charge of all this, the Secretary of Dept. of Homeland Security, he authorizes what is going to happen, when it happens and how it happens. This guy is going to have the power of over 22 branches of government behind him, something that the President doesnt even have. The only thing he cant do is declare war. Also there is a section written about a 12 month 'grace period' where any new propositions regarding the function of the Homeland Security Dept. are put into effect without going through Senate, Congress, or House of Rep. This gives the Secretary an overwhelming amount of power in the first year of this dept. It is written in the bill, the Bush Admin. wanted to pass this by Jan. 3 giving them unprecidented power until 2004 when the 'grace period' ends and a new president would be filling in - too late, the damage would already be done.

One big drawback is of course funding!!!! It may stall the Bush Admin. for a little while, but they will swindle their way through the system hiring all their buddies into this new Department gauranteeing them a healthy retirement and compensation for being fired... if the whole thing falls apart.

What a great plan for a bunch of crooks.

Archived