closet racist??

aichs47

Originally posted by aichs47

man shit like that makes me wonder, if parents are still teaching there children the art of hate!! now you have little kids who dont have an idea of what hate really is part-taking in this shit!! brain washing has been going on since hitler, so i can understand..

um...can't help but notice the word "fag" in your sig, Mr Higher Ideals........................perhaps you mean it another way.................................?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay, My Two Cents

I can't resist, this is too good a discussion.

Far too often, one person describing another person as "racist" means "I think he doesn't like me because of my skin color." Far too often, a "person of color" (what, white is not a color?) will accuse someone else of being racist if they offer any objection to or criticism of that person of color's behavior, language, choice of music, etc. The idea that one's skin pigmentation somehow or another confers some natural characteristic of toughness, or lack of academic ability, or athletic adeptness is a bunch of nonsense.

I have often heard low academic performers in school chastising a black student who studied hard and made good grades as "trying to act white." I often hear blacks, and Latinos and even white kids who listen to rap music and buy into that whole gangbanging deal call each other "nigga." This sort of thinking and behavior just reinforces all the negative, self-limiting, self-defeating behavior and attitudes that are common in the low-income, under-achieving urban class.

Gangbanging has killed more black and Latino kids in America than all the Ku Klux Klansmen that ever lit a cross in the entire history of the Klan. In their wildest dreams, the neo-Nazis could not have dreamed up something so horrible, so negative and so guaranteed to eliminate the best hopes and aspirations for the future as inner-city gang warfare.

The proliferation of drugs, especially crack cocaine, and the introduction of ultra-negative, "gangsta" rap, with it's debilitating message of death, murder, misogyny, hatred and despair has done more to harm minority people than ALL the disgusting excesses of the Jim Crow racism between the 1870's and 1960's.

At the end of nearly a hundred years of Jim Crow, black communities flourished in virtually every large American city. There were small businesses, barber shops, restaurants, and service businesses of every kind, because of discrimination, black people were largely rejected as customers by the "downtown" white businesses. When the racial segregation customs were overturned, all that money suddenly went into downtown businesses pockets. Many successful black businessmen moved to more prosperous (white) parts of town, leaving behind the "old neighborhood" and the people who were not doing well economically.

I went to summer school in 1965 at a largely minority school here in Houston. It was every bit as clean, well-organized and supplied with books as my own high school. I encountered no gangs, no drugs, no graf in the halls. The black and Latino kids I was going to summer school with did not seem all that much different from me, at least to me they didn't. We dressed very much the same, liked the same music (Motown and soul music had been largely mainstreamed.) We shared many of the same ideas, in fact, the black kids, in particular, had a great deal more ambition to go to college than I did.

POPULAR CULTURE HAS CHANGED. And for the worse.

Anybody that encourages you to think and act like a serious criminal, to hate others, to believe that you can murder people with impunity, to blame everybody else for your own lack of success and to have contempt for law, education, morality and faith are TRYING TO HARM YOU.

75% of black children are now born out of wedlock. WHERE ARE THEIR DADS?

28% of white children are born out of wedlock. WHERE ARE THEIR DADS?

We have over TWO MILLION people in prison.

DON'T BLAME "THE SYSTEM". IT IS THE INDIVIDUAL PERSONS REGARDLESS OF RACE WHO BEAR THE RESPONSIBILITY FOR THEIR OWN ACTIONS, AND THEIR OWN LIVES.

KEEP A CLEAN CAMP!!!!!

BODY RIPPER

the fire is for purification, and lets just say it would take forever t explain it!! but here is a lil info for yah!!

CAPLETON, WHO HAS been the 'fire man', explained the reason behind his fire-breathing lyrics while at the University of the West Indies last Friday.

The deejay had been invited to speak at the weekly Reggae Studies lecture. It was titled 'More Fire' and that is exactly what they got.

During the question and answer portion of the presentation, one of the students asked him about what he was doing between Tour and when he became "the fire man". His reply revealed why he became the fireman.

He noted that he had always had his deejay/prophetic talents. "It deh pon mi lang time man," he explained. "But yuh done know - troo di business, yuh know yuh affi ... a certain level of di business, an if yuh no eena da levels deh, yuh no really get no recognition fi dat level, yuh undastan'. So wi did affi keep it kina hardcore. See it? Den mi fine, Rastafari now, dat when, yuh know mi a seh, wi keep pon a different level, an den yuh fine seh certain tings weh Babylon did a teach wi a no so it go. Das mi di affi come burn fire da way ya - terrible!"

He had earlier attempted to explain that the fire he preaches is natural, even though it continues to confuse "Babylon". He explained that fire, or heat, has biological necessity because it is needed for reproduction. "Dem seh 'Capleton how yuh see di fire from a biological point of view?' Mi seh 'uman bein' species depend on certain amount of fire to survive in terms of life. If a woman don' conceive of certain heat, body temperature-wise', she can't conceive a chile. So, if yuh madda neva have certain fire, wi wouldn' deh ya fi a bun fire! Mi seh more fire!"

He then went on to explain the biblical references to fire, ranging from the burning bush, the chariot of fire and that Jah will return with brimstone and fire. He ended this segment with the statement that fire, the sun, is the "main source of life".

Later, he would also explain that talk of fire, had not started with him, or with Rasta.

Being spurred on by one of the members of the audience he stated, "Bob Marley seh catch a fire, Bunny Wailer seh ... Every man bun fire. Fire is nothing unsual. Ah no nutten new. The fire bun t'rough Nyabingi. The fire bun t'rough words. The fire even bun t'rough my energetic performance, yuh understand. So the fire is natural. Di fire is unlimited. Yeah. So a more fire. Yeah man Rasta a seh it fram day one, ah no nutten new. Eena di church ear dem, 'Fire! Fire! Fire fall on I, on the day of Pentecost. Dem seh, a likkle more oil in my lamp keep it burning. So wha'appen. How come when me a bun it yuh get confused?"

hope that helped you!!

:D

Guest imported_El Mamerro

It might be worth mentioning, bodice, that that quote is meant to be said out loud in a west indies/caribbean islander accent, like a dancehall reggae artist. It makes much more sense... Im assuming "fag" means cigarette or a joint, aichs hasn't explained that part yet. Beer,

El Mamerro

i'm black, good in school, living with both parents, and we're upper-middle class, and just moved out of the hamilton hill area, the most notorious in my city, a few years ago.

i'm against racism, and i know some black people that say shit like "chinky-eyed" and "whiteboy," and try to punk people of diferent races. often, i find little black kids getting bold because they have older to people to have their back, and try to punk big kids that probably won't hit them. i think it's stupid. how would they react if someone said "nigger-lipped" or "black boy," or a white or latino kid try to punk them? they'd probably flip out, which i believe is, unjust. obey the golden rule and do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

i also know a white kid that had a family (all except his brother, really) that flung "nigger" around loosely for a while, but my family never had a racial problem with them. in fact, most of them weren't educated very well, so i kinda ignored it.

atypical, isn't it?

btw: i left out other races and nationalities because they aren't as prone to get into situations like this in my area.

NIGGERS AND MEXICANS ARE COOL BY ME, BUT THIS NEW GAY RIGHTS CRAP HAS TO STOP. I COULD CARE LESS IF YOU CALLED ME HOMOPHOBIC, BUT OPEN GAYNESS IS OUTRIGHT DASTARDLY. SAVE THAT STUFF FOR THE CRIB, IF I SEE ANOTHER GUY WITH A SHIRT HALFWAY TIED AROUND HIS CHEST EXPOSING HIS BELLY HANGIN WITH SOME FAT GIRLS IMA PULL A MATTHEW SHEPHERD YA HEARD ME. HAHAHHA JUST KIDDING, BUT STOP THAT GAY SHIT

I HATE RACISM BUT I ALSO THINK A LOT OF BLACK PEOPLE WALK AROUND WITH A CHIP ON THEIR SHOULDER AND ACTUALLY THINK THEY DESERVE SOMETHIN FOR NOTHING!!!AND I DONT WANNA HERE ABOUT WHAT HAPPENED 400 YEARS AGO EITHER.......BE HAPPY YOUR NOT LIVING IN THE JUNGLE HUNTING YOU FOOD WITH A SPEAR!

Originally posted by awkward eye

I HATE RACISM BUT I ALSO THINK A LOT OF BLACK PEOPLE WALK AROUND WITH A CHIP ON THEIR SHOULDER AND ACTUALLY THINK THEY DESERVE SOMETHIN FOR NOTHING!!!AND I DONT WANNA HERE ABOUT WHAT HAPPENED 400 YEARS AGO EITHER.......BE HAPPY YOUR NOT LIVING IN THE JUNGLE HUNTING YOU FOOD WITH A SPEAR!

HAHAHHAA YOU FUNNY BASTARD. FUCK WHAT HAPPENED 400 YEARS AGO, GHETTOS ARE STILL FLOODED WITH CRACK/COCAINE, AND DONT TELL ME THAT THEY MAKE THAT THEMSELVES, YOU CANT FIND A LABOROTORY TYPE NEGRO MAKING CRACK, THEY CAN BARELY DO ARITHMATIC

Originally posted by awkward eye

so what your saying is that black ppl asked to be taken from africa and brought here?? man that was a dumb comment!! black ppl on a whole have done nothing for this country?? where the fuck are living and where have ou been?? this country was built on the backs of slaves and other immigrants that were brought here!!:D

Originally posted by aichs47

so what your saying is that black ppl asked to be taken from africa and brought here?? man that was a dumb comment!! black ppl on a whole have done nothing for this country?? where the fuck are living and where have ou been?? this country was built on the backs of slaves and other immigrants that were brought here!!:D

no i didnt say that at all but dont forget your black kings and queens sold their own people to the white man.its ashame that blacks think the only way they can make it in this world is to RAP or PLAY sports.Im not a racist at all but I do think you took my comments the wrong way sorry dude,but there will be no reperations!

Guest willy.wonka

luaghing at jokes can be terrible sometimes..cause i know those jokes were made from hatered..im not down with racist bullshit.

There is no doubt that the white population of the Americas (NOT just the U.S.) benefitted from the enslavement of blacks. But have you checked out the status of the average African nation recently? Anybody with any sense can see that although slavery was the ultimate in exploitation for black people 400 years ago, TODAY, the descendants of those unfortunates live about ten or twenty times as good as the descendants of the people that shipped them over here. The first African slaves arrived in the American British colonies in 1633, IN DUTCH SHIPS. After that, they arrived in BRITISH SHIPS. Now, both the Netherlands and UK sit over there and act like they had nothing to do with it. Ever been to the island paradise of the Bahamas? 99% black, descendants of slaves, BRITISH GOVERNMENT. How about Jamaica? Same story. British Guyana? It's called Belize now, same story. Brazil? Same deal. These nations have all benefitted from the slave trade. They all have a history of slavery and a substantial population of descendants of slaves, who are now a vital part of the population.

What continent still has real slavery, today in 2002? AFRICA.

That is not to say that America doesn't have to answer for it's part in the slave trade, but quite frankly, if I had a choice between living in Atlanta as the great-great-geandson of a slave, or living in Freetown, Sierra Leone, as the geat-great-grandson of a Sierra Leonean black man who never knew slavery, I'D CHOOSE ATLANTA.

And, I bet, so would most of you.

Racism is stupid ignorance. It knows no boundaries as far as race goes. There are bitter, hate-filled racists of every color and background. DON'T LET THIS BE YOU. Regardless of what race you claim, don't allow yourself to hate other people because of the color of your skin, or the color of their skin.

To quote Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.--

"I have a dream! I have a dream, that someday---someday, my three little children will not be judged by the color of their skin,

BUT BY THE CONTENT OF THEIR CHARACTER."

That, ladies and gentlemen, absolutely says it all.

Guest ctrl+alt+del

hows that book coming along kabar?

im in a multicultural student club thing at school, to promote diversity and all that warm fuzzy stuff.

##@Q$. I had a nice story about an event in this spot. then i started doofing around in mirc. i forgot about this. then i came back and read it and deleted it. i think ill go to sleep now.

ioks aborting now more than ever

CTRL+ALT+DEL

Front burner= screenplay. Back burner = Great American Novel. LOL. I go down to my jungle, knock back Carlo Rossi paisano and hammer out drunken dialog on legal pads. Then later, when I'm sober, I refine it. I'm up to 25 pages. That's about 25% of the way to a rough draft. Writing shit is hard work.

The fact that half you guys are sitting here making blanket statements about black people may not make you 'racist' but you certainly sound ignorant. There's alot more to a culture than what your stereotyping tunnel vision is giving you.

People of all types are going to have chips on their shoulder everywhere you go. It's your challenge to not buy into their bullshit, because if you do, you will get a big chip on your shoulder too.

Originally posted by KaBar

AFRICA.

That is not to say that America doesn't have to answer for it's part in the slave trade, but quite frankly, if I had a choice between living in Atlanta as the great-great-geandson of a slave, or living in Freetown, Sierra Leone, as the geat-great-grandson of a Sierra Leonean black man who never knew slavery, I'D CHOOSE ATLANTA.

And, I bet, so would most of you.

There are reasons why those areas of the world are so fucked up. Outside involvement by those british dutch and spanish slave traders and explorers. The natives of those lands were doing fine before. An example. One of the reasons why the Aztecs and other tribes were "conquered" so fast was because the Spaniards got other tribes that were afraid of them to help them out. This created great chaos in those areas. Same as in Africa. Many of the hostilities came from the slave trade. Is there a way to solve the problems created by the british, dutch, and spanish?No. But you make it seem like those African tribes created that mess all by themselves. At least that's what i gather from reading your post.

Also the native's of Mexico, Guatemala, Cuba, Brazil, etc. gained very little from the slave trade. The natives were looked down upon by the Europeans. Even more so than the African slaves. The Europeans had been "working" with the African slaves for many years and had already taught them how to "work" while with the natives of the Americas they had to be "taught how to work" from scratch. The natives were treated even worse than their African counterparts. So if you mean the European rulers/occupiers gained from the slave trade than yes you would be correct but of you imply that the native's gained anything from the slave trade you couldn't be further from the truth.

These threads always get bumped up or actually have dialouge at 3am when I am less likely to wanna type extended responses. After I quick glance I noticed I might be rambling into a few different areas.

Archived