Automobile Superthread

Guest SPLINTER

Guest SPLINTER

i would not mind having one of those at all. its prolly electirc so that would be real nice when i want to drive somewhere far and i dont wanna take my chevelle. once chevy finally produces there fuel cell concept (they got a working prototype) im gonna try to get one, well maybe ill get my parents to buy one and then permanently borrow it.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by SPLINTER

cant wait to see that truck finished When. i might have to drag my fat ass to your shop and see it in person. maybe i will maybe i wont.

the truck is at home being built in my garage b.

not enough shop space to fuck with it there :(

damn i have more pictures but im too damn lazy to upload them

maybe tomorrow

Originally posted by Giving Tree

hey whenone... what about these states.. ohio, indiana, michigan... round there...

its going to be a daily driver.. are bags bad for that?

bags arent bad for a daily driver whatsoever

if they are installed by a profesional or someone who knows what the fuck they are doing they shouldnt have any problems with rubbing or airlines getting snagged or whatnot

hmm the only shop i can think of off the top of my head that could hook you up with some amazing work would be...

todd wilt's shop

wiltbilt

hes located in indianapolis

http://www.camarohighway.com/images/2ndGen/71Z28RS2.JPG'>

I used to have one of these, only mine was black and white. I'll see if I can't find a pic at home.

I really dig those M3's.

I'm thinking about restoring one of these:

http://www.idee.demon.nl/911_20/b911-104.jpg'>

If I win the lottery one of these:

http://leo.worldonline.es/jaumepor/images/porsches/por_550.jpg'>

or this:

http://www.supercars.net/servlets/PW/garagePics/DannyG/1car3.jpg'>

like whoa!

Originally posted by Giving Tree

nice.. how much can i expect to pay for a custom setup? and would it negatively effect my truck's suspension so much as to need more - regular suspension repairs and or replacements?

expect to leave the shop a few thousand lighter in the pockets.

this would be for a basic setup,

-probably front, back (maybe side, side)

-probably two air tanks and two compressors

-4 or 8 valves (8 for f.b.s.s)

-3/8 or 1/2 inch airline

-a notch in your frame

-shorter shocks

-etc.

todd knows what hes doing, and im sure he'll hook you up

just remember that if you go into any shop with some enthusiasm for the sport the owner will take notice and treat you and your vehicle with much more care. hell you might make a good friend out of it, or atleast someone to go to shows or hang out with.

and as far as suspension repairs or replacement...

no it wont require repairs unless the bags are setup wrong

(i can assure you todd wont fuck up)

and the only things you might want to replace (totally optional)

-spindles- will make alignment a bit easier

-control/a arms- just to go lower (not usually neccessary with bags)

-4link- to replace your leaf springs (just to go lower and keep your pinion angle correct)

Originally posted by zorak

if it wasn't for the pontiac, i would say you had a good concept of cars:p .

but seriously, the ferrari is killing it. not to mention the 911 and the 550. with the aluminum construction those shits don't weigh a goddamn thing. 530 kg w/135 hp. 1500 c.c. back in the day, 1956. nice.]

I had to give my old Camaro some props. First car I ever owned and man did it move. I had a hey day tearing up the 5.0 Mustangs. Kids with daddy's car thinking they were the shit. Good times, plus I made a small fortune when I sold it.

I'm a bit older now and my auto appreciation is well past the musle car stage. My eyes are definitely on the lookout for one of those 64' 911's. Just old school class and style.

One of the guys I race with has a 72 Mini that he is having built. I wish I could remember the specs on it, but one things for sure...its gonna be wicked fast. The guy thats doing the work on it used to race and build them professionally.

Originally posted by SteveAustin

I had to give my old Camaro some props. First car I ever owned and man did it move. I had a hey day tearing up the 5.0 Mustangs. Kids with daddy's car thinking they were the shit. Good times, plus I made a small fortune when I sold it.

camaro... right. i obviously am not well versed in the older gm line up. oh well.

speaking of imports.

love that STI WRX.

I've been thinking about getting a new car. My current one is a bit on the small side and I need more space.

I'm considering the 1.8T A4, the pricier S4, the WRX and the STI...providing it actually makes it state side.

Ever since I drove an all wheel drive car, I've wanted one.

speaking of imports.

love that STI WRX.

I've been thinking about getting a new car. My current one is a bit on the small side and I need more space.

I'm considering the 1.8T A4, the pricier S4, the WRX and the STI...providing it actually makes it state side.

it's on its way here. should be here around christmas time. 280hp, lancer evo 7 also comes out around time. same hp i think, but wrx will win because it fruns of a flat 4 boxter engine. which means more grip. wuddup bitches? drunkinfirstpostofthemorning0ner

speaking of imports.

love that STI WRX.

if you're willing to wait the R32 will be here in a year or so i believe. AWD 6cyl golf. it's got slightly less hp than the others mentioned but i can't image many people are going to nab an STI. the same might be said for the R32's but i don't know the numbers they're importing...

you can check it on

www.vwvortex.com

Archived