R.I.P. NACE-MAYHEM/FC/CBS/DF

Guest ASTISM

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Re: R.I.P. NACE DF

Sorry to bring this to people's attention, but I just find it said that in 2006, people still don't know to stay off some freights.....

take a look under these

IMG_0183.jpg

IMG_0182.jpg

some fucking kids......

oh shit is that some1 ova john?thats bringing tears to my eyes

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Friday when I got off of work, I took a walk down to a local yard (denver).......Usually I dont take to many photos, but I decided to buy a disposable camera before i headed down there...I was walking the line.....Flicking a few cars.....I stummbled upon a "zeph", and nace car....A Green car.....

I hadnt seen a nace piece firsthand... AMAZING....I sat there and stared for 15 minutes....Easily...

Lines were chopped up to perfection...

Blew my mind......So damn clean, and so one of a kind...

I knew he was a real dope writer from all the magazine/video shit I have seen...But seeing it firsthand, really proved to me how good he really was...

Thanks for the inspiration......Your stuff still lives on....

...Rip...

Peace cast.

Ps....I will UL the flicks when I get to use a scanner...

• 2 weeks later...

It has been 5 years today since John (Nace) was killed by a drunken driver. When the hospital called and told me, my life shattered. I wish for his friends who were in the car with John that day have recuperated and are doing fine with their lives. I have been reading "The Heavens" since then and wish all the families and friends of the seemingly endless listings of people passing, that they pray for their losses and look forward to better days ahead. I am appreciative of the kind and thoughtful remarks made about John. He was a good son, friend and a person with a big heart. If you knew him you knew this to be true. He was always willing to help his friends. Thank you to each and every one of you who remembers John as an artist and friend.

5 years.. so much has happened. i cant even fathom where the style would be.. to this day the things he was doing then are still solid and ahead of the game. he was a true inspiration and im proud to able to say we are crew. he is sorely missed and will never be too far out of mind. im in cincy, i saw one of your freights from 95 here rolling the other day. rest in peace john, until we meet again..

5years. i will never forget being in that hospital in that room knowing why we were in that room. i think about it often. my convictions about drinking and contempt for driving drunk seem to grow still to this day and im an old man. my thoughts to your family and your close friends who have not forgot about the king who we were lucky enough to call a friend...

RIP KING NACE DF

• 2 weeks later...

Can you imagine how much he would have accomplished, or how far his style would have progressed if he was around today? Thinking about that just makes me angry.

Let this be a lesson to everyone who ever got behind a wheel after a night of heavy drinking (myself included). You risk taking the life of someone who is capable of doing great things for the world.

• 1 month later...

Was looking at an old photo album today, and found some flicks of Nace stuff I caught in San Francisco shortly before his passing... I remember just geeking out about spotting some of his pieces back then, how they were (and still are) on a level beyond anybody else in the game.

Remembered in pictures...

Archived