Old Cans Of Paint, Serious Collectors

Slyle CMC

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

0b3e91334916__1252275608000.jpg

8284bb3b3d7f__1252275636000.jpg

was wondering if anyone could help me with the second of the two cans i just stumbled upon. i really cannot tell what type of blue this is, it looks metallic but let me just inform you its not regal and its not true, im not a spray paint encyclopedia but i know whats what and thought this would be the right place to come,

thanks hombres

The rusto can will have a date to the right of the scotti under the plaid probably a 60,62. Spray-on was and I think still is a pretty big paint company. They mostly make paint for the industrial market. I have one of those cans in a metallic, looking at the label it is probably mid to late 50's as there is no warnings on the front. I believe that around 1960, companies started placing warnings on the bottom front of all aerosol cans. Nice find, would like to see what else you found...

80's Hard Hats are great. Super solid covering (in 3-4 colors I've used) and dries quick.

The strangest thing is I have a can of Light Blue that's actually filled with red. I want to say it even says Light Blue on the bottom of the can.

DSC01475.jpg

I wouldnt really call my self a seruis collector. These are just some the cans I had stashed away for some sorta legal type reasons. I actualy used a good 20 to 30 of these types of cans last year. Sorta wish I didnt but fuckit. Notice the lack of Cherry red, BabyBlue and True blue. lol

Archived