fuck terrorist bullshit

freeze

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well, the discussion wasnt about weed, it was about decriminalization. about the terrorists. thats fucked up about the car bombing in lebenon. what about the wedding bombing a couple weeks ago? whats going to happen because of that? not a damn thing. thats real terrorism right there; flying over an unsuspecting, celebrating group of people and dropping a fuckin bomb on them out of no where. but why are people angry with the US? we dont do anything....

Originally posted by jah

flying over an unsuspecting, celebrating group of people and dropping a fuckin bomb on them out of no where. but why are people angry with the US? we dont do anything....

the difference is that was an accident while Hamas deliberately plans to kill innocent women and children at the supermarket.

it sucks. but in wars there is going to be collateral damage whether we like it or not on both sides.

come on man. no shit guns are legal and you cant shoot people. thats the equivalent of weed being legal you go around forcing it into peoples lungs. or maybe whipping people with hemp plants. youre just arguing to be right now.

Originally posted by Pistol

the difference is that was an accident while Hamas deliberately plans to kill innocent women and children at the supermarket.

it sucks. but in wars there is going to be collateral damage whether we like it or not on both sides.

hey, oops, i accidentally killed your mom. then i accidentally raped her. im sorry. lets be friends.

Originally posted by jah

what about the wedding bombing a couple weeks ago? whats going to happen because of that? not a damn thing. thats real terrorism right there; flying over an unsuspecting, celebrating group of people and dropping a fuckin bomb on them out of no where. but why are people angry with the US? we dont do anything....

they didn't leave base with this plan to bomb a wedding party... the investigation is still ongoing, why don't you wait until the official verdict is rendered and the evidence made public to voice your opinion? Only in the last week or so has the US admitted that there is film of the friendly fire attack on the Canadians... or did you think that was terrorism too?

yea yea. the investigation right. like hte enron investigation. i guess thats still ongoing. bullshit. what do you think is going to happen after this investigation is over? the whole point is that people have forgotten what the word terrorism means. does it matter if it was an accident? a little but not really. if youre running military operations you do your homework and you dont drop "accidental" bombs. thats bullshit. its carelessnes that shouldnt be tolerated. if i accidentally shoot someon in the head and say i was aiming for the guys dog because it dug up my garden id still get charged with murder, or at least manslaughter. you dont accidentally drop bombs on the wrong people. we have the best inteligence in the world and we accidentally mistake a wedding for terrorists? fuck that. and everyone back there in america just thinks, "oh well, it was an accident." i cant stress enough: YOU DONT ACCIDENTALLY DROP A BOMB. obviously it happens but it should not be considered an accident and therefor forgotten about. jesus christ!

So far, Bush has only expressed his condolences regarding the wedding bombing. There is no way he (or the rest of them) will take responsibility for that 'accident'. They will work politics to try to gain some favor again, and hope that if it doesn't get too much media coverage, that people will forget about it. It's history - the government's mistakes are never owned up to - just washed over. There won't be an official verdict. They are counting on Americans' short attention spans on this one.

Regardless - fighter jets in war cannot afford such mistakes - which I'm sure most people agree with. Same goes with friendly fire kills. If it doesn't get people pissed off and ready to strike back, in the least it makes our armed forces look incredibly incompetent. How long can America be allowed to be incompetent?

Originally posted by Smart

not true, I've been right since before I posted the first time, but that's irrellevant... the reason I'm arguing now is to show you that you need to spend a bit more time researching your arguments instead of soapboxing indiscriminantley for the way the world 'ought to be'

right dude. youve done your research and youve found decriminalization to be the same as legalization? where were you researching??? ah yes, the library of smart's brain.

If you look at the history of war all sides make mistakes. Just because they are smart bombs doesent make them perfect. War is hell people die.

It's funny how when the 9/11 shit happened all the tree huggers were "wait let's not jump to conclusions and blame Al Qaeda, it could have been domestic white terrorists" yet when the wedding thing happens the same ones are "we planned this" or "blaming the US" without waiting for any concrete evidence

Jah...

yes, well, I deleted that post since I thought it was needlessly inflammatory, but.. yep, the library of Smart's brain... I've forgotten more than you've had the opportunity to learn twice over, get used to it, it's not gonna change. I never claimed to be infallable but I know when I'm correct and I could recognize your specious reasoning from 5 miles off...

and NEXT... the wedding party must have been eaten up with fire from a gunship because the Army says that all 5 bombs had visual confirmation of hits, 4 on target and 1 in some wasteland, from the ground...

ENRON? Damn, you can't wait to lose one argument before you defend it with some other losing argument that you don't know much about... TT's right, when you get cornered you change the subject, when you get pinned, like KaBar had you, you resort to personal attacks (like calling him stupid and deriding his 'generations' ability to figure out why they were protesting)

It seemed pretty apparent to me that it was an accident. But this army's made alot of really dumb mistakes since this 'war on terrorism' began - and they are starting to look like irresponsible idiots with no respect for lives that aren't american.

Now stop arguing over decriminalizatin and legalization!

BTW - that car bombing in the 80's was no accident. read above statement again, then go online and do some more research. then watch frontline - any time its on.

pistol, im not saying anyone planned this. and i know there are mistakes in war that are unavoidable. but look at the situation:

who was firing back at the planes that dropped the bombs? anyone? (i honestly dont know)

what gave them the idea that the people down there were terrorists? (did they just ask a kid on the corner and take his word for it? they obviously didnt go check it out)

dont blame it on the bomb man. those bombs can hit their targets. why did the people drop them there. why did they think those hundreds of people were al qaeda? if i hear a logical explination for why they thought it was a place where they should drop a bomb i may consider it an accident. but still. what if someone accidentally bombed a wedding in america? a true accident. what would you say abou that? would you say, "oh, they said they didnt mean to. i guess if it was an accident we shouldnt blame them for my friends mom being dead and my church being blown to hell." come on now. im sure they didnt intentionally bomb the wedding. there are just some things that are unacceptable whether they were on purpose or not. they should know what theyre bombing all the time!!

Originally posted by jah

as found in websters:

legalization: to make legal or lawful; authorise or sanction.

decriminalization: to reduce or abolish the punishment for a crime.

same? i dont think so.

ok, loosely synonymous... and it still bears out the relationship I illustrated, between prohibition and regulation... SO, I DO know exactly what I'm talking about WITHOUT the use of dictionarys and your attempt to prove me wrong has backfired...

damn shut up already smart. your adding nothing but insults to this argument, and changing the subject as much as jah is.

I've forgotten more than you've had the opportunity to learn twice over, get used to it, it's not gonna change.

get over yourself man, your a moderator at a website. thats it.

jah, you'd be surprised how many contacts are working for us in Afghanistan. We feed them some cash and they let us know who's who and who's planning shit, who's staying where etc. The problem is that alot of these governors/warlords are now using the US Military to carry out there business by taking out rivals etc. I'm not saying this is the case for the wedding party but...

Originally posted by jah

who was firing back at the planes that dropped the bombs? anyone? (i honestly dont know)

well, it seems that the Afghans were firing rifles into the air in a traditional show of celebration

what gave them the idea that the people down there were terrorists? (did they just ask a kid on the corner and take his word for it? they obviously didnt go check it out)

If you fire on (or in the general direction of) the US Army you are considered an enemy... If you shoot at the cops they're gonna shoot back...

dont blame it on the bomb man.

right, because like I said, the Army claims to have line of sight verification of all of the bombs detonation, and none of those were in the area of the wedding party

smart. you would make a good politician cus you you know how to take something that is irrelivant and make it sound important. i didnt change the subject to enron. i simply used it as a reference. the point is that the investigation isnt going to lead anywhere. that was all i was trying to say. and now that ive pissed you off youre making personal attacks that arent true. i never called kabar stupid. i called him naive just like he called me. i have no problem with kabar and i agree with him on a lot of the stuff ive read in other threads. we just dont agree on this shit. fine. no beef over it. anyway, about hte decriminalization thing. i have no idea how that backfired. the conclusion: you were wrong. its right there in writing boy. how can reducing punishment for a crime and making something legal be the same. youre trippin. about the wedding party, are you claiming they never got bombed. im not quite catchin what youre trying to say there.

Originally posted by Klypse

get over yourself man, your a moderator at a website. thats it.

yeah, but that has nothing to do with my level of intelligence, it's just a hobby... heh, get over myself, like I walk out in traffic with arm extended shouting:

"HALT TRAFFIC! I am a website moderator!"

In the bank:

"I'll go next, for I am a website Mod-er-ate-tor!"

in fact, I was keeping it kind of a secret, but I've got my stuff to make my SuperModerator costume... I'm gonna fight crime!

geez - Is there really such a need to defend the US military? It's not the soldiers who make the decisions - it's Bush, Cheney, and the rest - and you defending them would seem utterly rediculous!

Unless you are the FBI, CIA or an investigative reporter, you know jack shit, just as much as the average bumpkin. So maybe put your two cents in and your take on all of this, but don't present it like you know everything about everything - it should all be open for discussion (in an ideal 12 oz. world)...

Noone knows: I don't, you don't, jah doesn't, Pistol doesn't. The further the discussion goes, the more apparent that point becomes.

well, the fact that people were firing at the planes makes it much more understandable. still it was inexcusable and there should be punishment. those peopel down there werent doing anything wrong and now theyre dead. who gives a shit if it was an accident? not me....

Originally posted by jah

you would make a good politician cus you you know how to take something that is irrelivant and make it sound important. i didnt change the subject to enron. i simply used it as a reference.

like you and your arguments with smart over the semantics of the whole decriminalization and legalization of Marijuana. You one of the main reasons weed was being discussed in this terrorist thread.

well, your position is understandable Jah, but you have to see both sides... 1st, I don't think anyone was saying that they were trying to shoot the American planes/ Helicopters. They were an unidentified group on the ground that unexpectedly opened fire into the sky while a bunch of American warplanes, on a tactical strike mission, were in the air above... The number of bombs dropped is put at 5 total, there was an American 'scout' on the ground giving target info to the planes, he saw 4 bombs hit their targets and one fall into the uninhabited desert nearby... none of that was near the wedding...

Do you think any of the individual soldiers are proud to have killed up a bunch of civilians? Do you think they are recieving praise from their peers?

yes. i often pick arguments knowing too little about the subject. usually the subjects are ones i can argue without all the facts though. like this one, although i wouldnt have came down so hard on the situation if i had known that they were being fired on, i still stand by my original theory that they should be more careful and should be punished. youre right, the soldiers probably feel terrible (well, knowing the military personel, some might be proud) and i dont hold them so responsible. but look out the militarys track record:

how many mistakes did we make in iraq? (again i dont know a whole lot about the iraq situation. especially since i was much younger when most of tha went on) didne we bomb hospitals that were supposed to be chemical weapons labs? dropping a bomb is something that you must do very carefully. teh research must be done properly. theres no excuse!!!

well... things can only change at a certain rate... in Vietnam, countless villages, and villagers were burned to death in Napalm raids... war has existed since time began, it has never been pretty, but the fact is the American Armed Forces are the best equiped to win any armed conflict with the lowest amount of collateral damge... this shit happens, it always has, everyone is trying to make it better all the time but until it's robots fighting on Mt. Everest... even then, how many Sherpas will have to die before we realize that war is wrong?

Archived