Man, the USA sucks .....

cheps

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest Pilau Hands
i really dont understand why you guys complain about USA but yet you stay here. please enlighten me. i guess its not so bad here?

I thought about that statement the other day, and that's a complicated idea. A lot of America's history, if not the foundation itself, is based on people being upnhappy with the government, and trying to do something about it instead of just complaining. Maybe one day, one of those kids that was told to "love it or get out" will be the one in office trying to change things.

Perhaps it would be better to say, "Why do you guys complain about it instead of getting up and trying to do something about it?" To say that when someone is unhappy with a situation, they should leave it, is one possible course of action. The other is above; change.

There are guns, death, rape, incest, infant mortalty, gangs, domestic violence, and all sorts of other attrocities all over the world. They are just in different languages. Nationalism and Ethnocentrism should be a crimes. Many aspects of culture are beautiful and should be cherished, but they also separate people so you can walk down the street recognize someone who looks different than you and kill them because you don't agree with how they live their life.

Then there's the fact that you can be unhappy in your broken home, but have no opportunity to get out. Like Gnes said,

no problem just give me a phat paying job and a decent place to live in europe.. its not as easy as you think..

Now for the sake of argument, it's probably the case that the majority of people want to complain without action. I'd like to say that if I had the capital to move somewhere else, I probably would, just to experience the world. However, reality strikes many people in that as much as you don't want to admit it, Americans have it great. They take it for granted. I mean where else would someone come up with steak stuffed lobster, or whatever the hell else we eat. Like a woman in Africa once said to my Sociology professor, "There is enough food in the world to feed everyone equally, but the only reason you have three meals a day because I have one."

On the flipside however, I've recently become somewhat unhappy with where I'm living. I'm looking into avenues that will help me move somewhere more to my liking (within the United States). It will be difficult, but if I want it badly enough, it's far from impossible. It's also possible to move to another counry, but it would take much more capital, language lessons, cultural adjustment, transfer of records through red tape, and countless other odds and ends. It can be done, though.

Most likely, a lot of the people who say they hate America will never leave, and will never hold office. I don't know if I'll fall into that category, because like I said, Americans have it great, and I can't give speeches. I do however want a house, two car garage, three to four kids, a dog and cat, mortgage, beautiful loving wife, yard gardening, tire swing, trips to the park and pool, beach house and/or summer home and last but not least, 4th of July barbecue with friends, neighbors, and drinks.

Happy approaching 4th of July everybody.

If you can't be with the one you love, love the one you're with.

Rockafella!

woo hoo.......lets nuke the rag heads into the ground....woooo.....go america...remember 9/11.......buy lots of flags and we wont forget and such..........boo hoo.....or better yet lets all be anarachists and burn the capitalist regime down to the ground! yaaaay! then we can all wear punk rock patches on denim jackets and be so damn cool our eyes bleed. fuck me i need sleep and fuck this.

Originally posted by mapo wc

i really dont understand why you guys complain about USA but yet you stay here. please enlighten me. i guess its not so bad here?

true we are the super power. the only thing we have to worry about is, siucide bombers blowing up one of our football stadiums.. isn't life grand...hahahah

Guest YinzerXpress

the usa has changed alot since the birth of the nation. and nowadays, the shit that our country faught to have the rights to do (freedom of expreesion, speech, religion etc etc etc) is being taken away from us.

drug tests in high school?

cmon now

and word on the street is the united nations just set up a war crimes commitee, and the US is trying to get their soldiers exempt from the panel. i dont care how powerful we may be, thats just some shady shit, makes me really wonder what the fuck our "heroes" are doing when they are overseas.

wonderin if anyone else views this topic as i do please respond.

some of the things you people have said here is valid.

but what really sticks out is when you say that the only reason we in america eat 3 meals a day is because someone else only has one.

that is passing the blame. no way around it. let me explain..

yes people in 3rd world countries (pretty much everywhere but north america, europe and australia) have it alot worse than us. but it makes me mad when i hear people complain about the lack of help america gives to those people. why dont you personally get up and go over there and help out? or you could help financially. dont just sit there and complain about the govt when you know damn well you wouldnt want it any other way.

i have alot of trouble putting my thoughts into text online. but let me ask this and really ask yourself 'would you be willing to give 2 of your meals to a woman in africa so that she could have 3 a day?'

you might say yes just because its a noble stand to take, but you know deep down you wouldnt. when lunchtime comes aorund and youre hungry - you dont give a fuck about some malaysian bitch - you want to fuckin eat.

so next time you sit down to a big dinner and complain about how america doesnt help - just remember you could have sent the money you spent to someone else so they could eat - but you chose not to.

dont pass the blame.

i :love: jet noise

i'd have no complaints if we turned afghanistan into glass. i say we nuke them out there little holes. and to the people that died in that wedding, fuck you, think about the people that died in the towers.

mapo...

your right

bet you didnt see that one coming eh?

i totally agree with you on this one

if people gave a fuck as much as they pretend to theyd do something about it

Guest Pilau Hands

a few things...

1) I didn't say that's the only reason we have three meals a day. I said a woman in Africa said that. Explain your point of view to her. He told the anecdote in relation to a lecture on poverty. I've mentioned it before on the site so I won't go into it, but it was basically about the fact that "being poor" has become a figure of speech. It's like, "Ah dude I'm so poor I can't afford a second pair of sneakers" As a former social worker, he was illustrating to the class instances of actual poverty so people might think before using that word.

2) I wouldn't give up two meals a day. There's a large difference between A) calling attention to things you say you want to act upon and then not acting, and B) calling attention to things that are present in the world, so you better appreciate that "big dinner" when you get to have it.

just because you can have lots of material items and a strong army to back you ass up doesnt mean you live in the best country in the world you could live in a peacefull "third world country" live like king eat a meal a day savor the little things in life. be able to smoke, drink, at any age with out goverment concerns. in american the gap is so big between the poor class, the working,and the higher class. and it keeps continiueing to get bigger and bigger its hard for a minority figure to just get up and walk over to those fat "bueracatic" cats and ask for help that why we riot thats why we rebel its hard for a minority to make america their own when the fat cats in the goverment making mad money sticking their noses in other countries business thats how i feel i hate america but yet proud to be an american

-Tease, im going to say it again.. you're not fucking smart.

-"sand niggers" ? what a wonderful term! now we can disrespect african-americans and muslims at the same time!

-killing justified by more killing is yet another great idea.. let's just all commit suicide, i'm sure it would be far more efficient, and at less cost!

-fucking morons. stupid fucking morons.

ataker.

kids for compassion.

FuckingHateTheWorld

• 7 months later...

'As the great social and political satirist Barry Crimmons once said after receiving the spit-filled vitriol of someone who didn't agree with his jaundiced view of America and asked Barry...

"If you don't like America so much, why don't you move to another country?"

"Because, i don't want to be victimised by it's foreign policy"'

amerika should go fuck itself and leave us all to get on with it

Archived