sketch / finished piece comparisons

sarifs&clips

Originally posted by Ted Wakowski

^Here's the sketch. Kinda sloppy but at least my lines are pretty straight.

^Here's the actual piece. Not exactly like the sketch but pretty close. Notice that it isn't finished. Things got pretty hectic and I had to bounce. It's a shame because that spot was dope, the flick is a close-up but that sucker was RIGHT on the street in London. Word.

quote:

bullshit that was done on a computer

why the shit did you bring this back up?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hot shit joome cept I'm feeling your hand about 100 times more than anything else lol. Serisouly, ya hand is hot an I'm lovin that uppercase script E or whatever that you do.... shits ill. I dunno, I just really like ya hand. Ya other shtis nice too, just ain't feelin it nearlyu as much.

Originally posted by far...

^ that one is pretty dope, good times!!!

heres my latest thing from a sketch...i dont like that style though, i guess i was just tryin smtn new...

http://img9.photobucket.com/albums/v25/damndawg/far-tealsk.jpg'>

http://img9.photobucket.com/albums/v25/damndawg/far-teal.jpg'>

was that done on computer?

Originally posted by TheGoodTimes

ok, new outline from the sketch thread....first time I tried painting it. Let me know what you think.. peace!

http://gallery.cybertarp.com/albums/userpics/11590/joome.new.blkgreen.jpg'>

http://gallery.cybertarp.com/albums/userpics/11590/joome.blak.boneyard.small.jpg'>

might try it afew more times... :o

that style is dope

Cool thread idea..Just some sketches I already posted in another thread, but I got the painted versions too. Changed the colours and had to cram it in to fit on the wall hehe...

sketch....

joome.sketch4nods.jpg

completed piece..

joome.killarney.jpg

sketch..

joome.collage2.jpg

completed piece...

joome.bingo.drains1.jpg

i think all that shit sucks, i guess you have some good painting skills, but i think your style is all fucked up..

Cool thread idea..Just some sketches I already posted in another thread, but I got the painted versions too. Changed the colours and had to cram it in to fit on the wall hehe...

sketch....

joome.sketch4nods.jpg

completed piece..

joome.killarney.jpg

sketch..

joome.collage2.jpg

completed piece...

joome.bingo.drains1.jpg

i think all that shit sucks, i guess you have some good painting skills, but i think your style is all fucked up..

Re: Bah, I'm no good

Originally posted by KiSe

sketch:

http://img6.photobucket.com/albums/v20/paraes/paraes2.jpg'>

piece:

http://img6.photobucket.com/albums/v20/paraes/paint/parapeice.jpg'>

the piece got a little distorted in the transition from paper to the wall, like angle of the leg on the R is to vertical and the piece as a whole is got skarunched up horizontaly, but the distortion is what im working on stoping. but whatever any comments are as welcome as none.

OOOOOKKKKK.... 1st off, your 3D is the worst part, your A's 3D gets all skinny.. your missing it on the bottom of the R, and its not consistant in the direction its going in... your A is too far to the right which i guess is part of the transition problem.. those extensions dont lead to anything, your outline looks like you used a fat cap or something, you need to clean it up and make your outline come to points where it doesnt have highlights, speaking of highlights, you missed some on your A on that left extension, and your R where it pokes out of the A... and why did it poke out of the A??? if youre going to do that AT LEAST add the 3D to the R...your first A eats up the left leg of your R with that (once again) extension that leads to nowhere, and how does it get fat and then skinny and then cuts back into itself with no width?? oh, you forgot the 3D on that A too... also it needs some highlights.... and is that krylon yellow?? and krylon orange??? every writer knows that krylon orange and yellow SUCKS ASS, i dont use orange, but for yellow get rusto, SUNBURST YELLOW to be exact..

now whenever you critisize someone the way you do (or use to) think about how sloppy you are with your pieces.

P.S. on your right leg of the R where you did the highlights why is there a little speck of white? did you try to clean it up but realize something else?? and your P is smaller than everything else.. good job.

ok shor. lets see oh where to begin....

now, you come in this thread criticizing a certain "piece" of mine that isnt even my post recent piece, did you not read what i typed below my flics? i know it is far from perfect and never claimed it to be good. you call my "piece" sloppy, do you think i spent a day at a legal wall painting? that spot isnt exactly a chill spot, nor legal. before you are quick to judge my work you should understand the possition i was in, wait you cant understand the possition i was in because you were not there. all i wanted to do was take my day off from school and go and paint somthing, and thats exactly what i did, i wasnt fucking piecing a mural, and if i were i would actualy clean up my lines and worry about my imperfections. about the outline cap, i had no outlines left so i was stuck using a stock cap, did i stand back after every i completed every line and ask myself how good it looked? no. so was it supposed to be perfect? now you say my extensions lead to nowhere? you tell me what extensions lead to somewhere, do copes extensions go somewhere? like off that wall? what exactly do you mean? are they not supossed to end? hmmm lets see youre judging MY extensions when you dont even use them. i am not claiming those letters to be great, nor the extensions infact i dont even care for it anymore, thats why i dont paint those letters, people progress you know? so why do you pick an older piece of mine? i dont post every single thing i paint but i have posted a more recent one then that. about the paint use, you are dead wrong. quit trying to act like you know everything, the red is the only krylon color, the orange is painters touch, and the yellow is ammerican accent. i use whatever paint i can get my hands on so am i supposed to go out of my way to by a rusto can of yellow? no ill use what the fuck i want if ive got it. i would go on telling about my letters but i know what is wrong with them (the highlights, 3d) and i dont need your ass to tell me, infact i would almost garantee you that i have a much better understanding of perspective and how light falls on objects.

what i want to see is you come to louisville to that wall at the same time of day and burn my ass. get your shit straight before you try to critisize me for painting.

now onto the whole "now whenever you critisize someone the way you do (or use to) think about how sloppy you are with your pieces." when the fuck did i ever judge somebodys painting? i have gave my oppinion and advice some peoples letters, but in no means do i have my head stuck up my ass thinking that i am the best at letter structure, but what i do know i try to apply it to what i see is wrong with other peoples letters, if they ask for advice what is so wrong with me giving my advice? i could school you on a few things, but wait you dont need to be schooled you can just bite off dork's threeD letters.

thank you for feeling that you had the need to post a reply to an older painting of mine and point out all the imperfections as if i didnt know, all just to try and make yourself look better. and thank you for wasting 10 minutes of my life by replying to your utter bullshit.

in closing, get off my back and take a harder look at yourself.

whoa para/kise....everything shor said was legit...sure he was being a bitch about it but many other heads...including myself.. would have said the same thing about your piece...except maybe in a nicer way..and dont make excuses like.."it was old.." "it wasnt a very chill place to paint.." its lame....and im sure shor picked an older piece to critique because that was the only one you even posted....settle your ass down and take into consideration what he said...

Originally posted by Ckit

whoa para/kise....everything shor said was legit...sure he was being a bitch about it but many other heads...including myself.. would have said the same thing about your piece...except maybe in a nicer way..and dont make excuses like.."it was old.." "it wasnt a very chill place to paint.." its lame....and im sure shor picked an older piece to critique because that was the only one you even posted....settle your ass down and take into consideration what he said...

being that i have respect for you ckit, cuz your shit is ill and for the most part, you know what you are talkin about, imma try and make this so it dont sound like i am dissin you or shor, cuz i like thim too, but para isnt lying when he says that the spot is not chill, that it is an older piece, and that he is better than that now, so he isnt just makin an excuse for the problems with the piece.

"m sure shor picked an older piece to critique because that was the only one you even posted"

but the thing is, on the same page there was another piece that i posted, which was more recent and one that i didnt rush (although i know that one isnt "the shit" either) then the one he decided to critique. i know alot of what he said was legit and im not denying it, ive known what was wrong with it since the day i painted it. and you might see it as "lame" that i said it wasnt exactly chill, but that is a very important factor in the way my work turned out. and i am "settled" down and i really am not affected too much by what shor said, i already knew the things he pointed out and i also see more thats wrong then what he saw, beacause after all they are my letters.

^^ i know what your saying but i just think para/kise shouldnt of erupted like he did...im sure hes better and that that was an older piece but if he didnt want people to criticize it he shouldnt of put it up....and he should NEVER say..."it was because it wasnt chill"...he took the time to fill the piece pretty solid, especially if he was using krylon so if he has time for that there is no reason he couldnt of made his lines a little cleaner..

well i dont really see myself as "erupting" but however you take it is cool, but yes i dont mind people critiquing my work, but why are you going to quote an image months after the piece was done? i did fill it solidly but filling for me is much easier then outlines and highlights. i am very far from mastering my can control, but its not like i cannot make clean lines, it just doesnt flow out like im fucking cope2, because i still have alot to work on and practice. all i can do is try and thats what i do. sue me.

Originally posted by KiSe

well i dont really see myself as "erupting" but however you take it is cool, but yes i dont mind people critiquing my work, but why are you going to quote an image months after the piece was done? i did fill it solidly but filling for me is much easier then outlines and highlights. i am very far from mastering my can control, but its not like i cannot make clean lines, it just doesnt flow out like im fucking cope2, because i still have alot to work on and practice. all i can do is try and thats what i do. sue me.

basically they want you to kill yourself....

ok like everyone else said, who cares if its not chill? ive painted freights right alongside main roads.. daytime, VERY UNCHILL SPOTS...<--you like that??

http://photos.fotango.com/p/eba00411215f00000001.jpg'>

yeah you know i suck at freestyling, but its a lot cleaner than your wall.. and no less than 4 vehicles went by(in the business park) when i was in their optic.. not counting the vehicles off the main road.. it came off cleaner than yours, and will it make you feel better if i told you about how when i was leaving a guy who works at the business park rolled up on me and started questioning me?? dont give me none of this 'it wasnt chill' bullshit, you get in trouble for painting freights, you get a slap on the wrist and some community service for a wall... oh ive also painted another NOT SO CHILL place where i got chased out by cops, but i didnt even get to do my fillin so no flick of that one sorry ;o(

im not trying to be cooler than you.. or better, you just said that critisizm is more welcome than no critisizm so i spilled my guts even if i was a dick about it.. who cares..

and dont go off comparing yourself to cope2, thats the weakest thing you could do.. and no your shit ISNT THAT GOOD, mine isnt either...

the reason for me not using extensions is because its a pointless bullshit way to make your piece look like it flows, especially when they dont lead to anything, COPE2's extensions do something and dont just take up space..

http://www.graffiti.org/cypher/allover5/cope9.JPG'>... they have an ending point.

another thing, that was the first piece i saw while scrolling down on page 13 or 14 whatever page it was, and who cares how old it is.. jesus i think youre just making a lot of excuses?? are you trying to defend something by throwing out stupid comments?? sure you can work a pen to where you make straight lines, and you know how to use gel pens or whatever your highlights are made from, but come on now.. did you expect people to jock you, even though you saw all your mistakes in the peiece?? no... i dont think so buddy..

if you want to reply go ahead, if you want to take it off the forum and into email or IM then email me at wangmagnet@yahoo.com that way we dont have to talk shit in front of an audience.. or you can just admit to the valid points ive made, and if they arent all valid then explain how they are not (without excuses.. such as not a chill spot and that bullshit you said about it not being a legal so you dont take your time)...

Archived