should the junkie drop everything and move to new york?

vinyl junkie

while feeling sorry for myself about how i can't find a job or a place to live, i remembered a conversation i had with a buddy of mine... see, he's going to new york soon to go take care of his grandfather who's dying i think... he would only be there for the summer probably, and while he's there he gets a damn nice, and free, apartment in manhattan (his granparents own several apartment buildings, so he's actually getting his own place)... so we were talking, and he was saying that, yeah, it would be damn fun to be in new york for a while, especially rent free, but he doesn't really know anyone there... this was a couple of days ago, and today i realized: i need somewhere to live, i've been wanting to travel this summer, i want to see new york at some point, and there's a school i wanna look at in new york... why not see if he wants some company?

but here's the thing: totally aside from the fact that i don't know if he would actually want company, he's probably leaving in about a week... so, if i were to go with him, then that means i would have to totally drop everything and leave... skip out on the small job that i do have, miss some shows that i really wanna see this summer, miss the possible nightowl meet-up, and all that...

so, anyways, hmm... :confused:

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest ilikeskulls.

well i'd miss hanging out with ya but i say go for it...you only live once right?enjoy life.

yeah, i do... but he was complaining about how he didn't know anyone there and was gonna have to leave all his new friends (he's only lived here for a while) so i think he'd actually be pretty stoked to have a friend come along...

like i said, i'll see him tomorrow, so...

Guest Pilau Hands

Hella = Mad

Speaking objectively, it's very likely you will not get another chance to live in Manhattan, rent free, for the rest of your life. It's a great place to visit man, lots of shows, big scene for most everything that you're willing to seek it out. There are a hundred more reasons, but you already know whether or not you want to go. Just a little cushion for the jump...

If you do decide to do the dew, good luck, cap'n.

Yesterday a girl I know (have slept with) was telling me about how she went to goth night at a big club. An asian lesbian got her number because she didn't know how to turn her down. She made out with a "very hot" gay guy that goes to NYU, "so he must be smart."

Just a little fraction of the stupidity that reigns supreme here...

Originally posted by hulk hogan

come on over. the waters fine. but dont get mad if some terrorits blow up some part of nyc again.

Dont forget they blew up shit in my neighborhood too....:(

Anyways....Go to nyc, its great!! I try and get up there as much as possible, its only a small train ride from me, and i have a blast the whole day when im there..

Guest willy.wonka

go for it dude!!

go!go!go!

you asked us and now we're telling you...go!as soon as you get out there, go job searching.."fuck finding friends"...they get in the way of that...but go!

sounds all gravy to me.:cool:

Re: Hella = Mad

Originally posted by Pilau Hands

Yesterday a girl I know (have slept with) was telling me about how she went to goth night at a big club. An asian lesbian got her number because she didn't know how to turn her down. She made out with a "very hot" gay guy that goes to NYU, "so he must be smart."

Just a little fraction of the stupidity that reigns supreme here...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

but please do support the homeless and they're need for alcohol since your gonna live rent free.

Guest greedy mars

hmm you should man .. ill be up there soon blasting will smiths latest hit "miami" in queens bridge making my first apperance ever in queens.. but nah fuck it. but once i get money im gettting the fuck out of here

do it!!!

you'll never get this chance again

you only live once

you don't have to know anyone or have a job..

new york is huge..you will know many people by the time you leave!!

it's a good city..

i just killed some of their trains...

best time of my life

you should do it too...

and you will learn a valuable lesson regardless of where you're from..

(where you're at)... you'll figure out real quick which coast you love

(of course i'll always love my grimey dirty drugged up east coast home!...but i also love to vacation on the sunny clean west coast)

Archived