My love affair with Brazil....

Sonik3000

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The work is great sonic. It seems to be a revert back to a more creative and personal way of doing grafitti. I like the human touch aspect of this kind of street art. It is nice to see because so many street artist want thier work to look as if it wwas never touched. Keep it up brazil. I want to come.

HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLA TIGHT I LIKE IT DUDE...MAD HYPE SHIT U CAN JUST TELL THE U LOVE GRAFF BECAUSE U HAVE FUN DOING IT...CORRECT ME IF IM WRONG.........THATS WHAT GRAFF BE ABOUT HAVING MAD FUN & DOING IT WITH ALL YOUR BOYZ/GIRLZ {I DONT HATE}....THE MOST HYPE 1'S R THE BATH TUB THE BIKE THE SLIDE THE PUPPET..I LIKE THEM ALL THOE SO DONT GET IT TWISTED....

THIS POST MAKES ME HAPPY THAT I PAINT 4MYSELF NOT 4 OTHERS....I HOPE EACH 1 OF U GUYS R GOING OUT & PAINTIN,HAVING FUN & NOT TRIPPIN ABOUT DOINR IT JUST GO OUT & HAVE FUN IS ALL IM TRYIN 2 SAY............GET DOWN 2 THE NITTY GRITTY THOE...BOMB HARD & BE SAFE ABOUT DOING IT....................:D :eek: :lick: :mexican: :lick: :eek: :D

"NIGGAS PICKKIN UP STYLES THAT I LEFT A LONG TIME AGO.....-RIFLE MAN"

Guest ctrl+alt+del

very inspiring. it makes me want to visit Brazil just to see this stuff in person, because im sure that

the surroundings make it even more beautiful than we can tell from the pictures

Guest imported_Tesseract

Sonik/everyone interested, there is a book on the Berlin wall graffiti in the seventies/eighties...its somehow relevant with what you do.

Thanks for all the kind words, it should be obvious that I had a ball down there, but I'll say it anyway, I had a ball down there.

Tesseract, that Berlin Wall book is dope, you're right on about that. Seeing the Wall itself in early 1990 as a young teenager was a BIG inspiration to me... way more than seeing the painted NYC subs back when even.

Drop an email Tesseract, if you get the chance.

Guest blancito

brazilieros

pics from summer 2001 in fortaleza (nordeste brazil in ceara)

http://www.freephoto-i.net/users/blancito/124-2405_IMG.jpg'>

not quite graff, but definitely brazilian.

http://www.freephoto-i.net/users/blancito/125-2544_IMG.jpg'>

crazy script from fortaleza.

-sonik3k...some truly next level type shit. much appreciated for sharing.

Guest blancito

rio steez

yeah, i never made it that far south...been in fortaleza a bunch, and sao paolo for a long layover (fuck delta airlines...) with luck i'll be tipping back kaiser 22's at praia de japao in august. once again, tho, muito bom.

This is one of the best posts I've seen in a long long time. There's so much goodness in every little inch!

I've been waiting so long to see thesis in brazil.

This puts the latest Under Pressure Brazil page to utter shame.

awsome!

well, this thread has been up for a week or so and I have looked at it more than twenty times. I couldn't figure out what to say then and frankly, I still don't know what to say now. Your work makes me happy. It makes me want to stop focusing on letters and just go paint vibrant energetic images that joe public can enjoy. There is a certain levity to your work, as if it can make those who pass it by forget about their problems if only for a moment.

supa' fresh!!!!!!

Guest Mr Fukshitup

Sonik is......

He is.......

His stuff is so.....

Hot damn!

There is a new swedish crew called CP, they paint like kids and compete who can come up with the ugliest letters, they rock. They are the closest thing I´ve seen to sonik´s fundamental output. Unfortunately their website is out of order, but you will find their work in Undergrouind Productions and the smaller swedish mag Kilroy.:eek:

Guest crash!!!!

sonik, that work is out of control. its just fucking amazing. it has me asking all these questions while i look at all your work. what kind of paint is out there? is it much differnet from europe and the states? whats the situation like there as far as graffiti? it doesnt seem like people care as much but that may be more of a compliment to your creativity and ability than a reflection of the atmosphere. so people get put away for property damage there? i seriously could never arrest someone putting up something so pleasant and cheerful as the stuf you put up. whats you're process when creating things like that? it sure is a far cry from "destroy the city!" mentality im use to. any responce as to your process or anything about the creation of your works would be greatly appreciated.

and that gemeos black and yellow piece with the fat bottems is blowing my fucking mind. thats all. answer all or none of my questions, you've already made my day.:)

Archived