Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Wrong Place, but for a reason

Discussion in 'Paper Chase' started by Overtime, Feb 18, 2004.

1. Overtime

Overtime Dirty Dozen Crew

I know this is the wrong place for this, cuz there arent gonna be many pictures if any, but the place it "should" be has a different brand of people that i dont want to poll, i want to poll the people who actually participate in the paper chase thread.

How long does it usually take you to sketch, not complete color, but to the point of an outline that you are ready to color and you know that the design of the piece. I only inquire because everybody is always sayin "oh, that was a quick sketch" but as an example, i am a quick sketcher, it does not take a long time, so i could not use that excuse because that is how i do for all my sketches. To come up with an outline, it usually takes me anywhere from 5-30 minutes, which is relativly quick.

I was only wondering all of this because i wanna know what base people have for believing that "it was just a quick sketch" is a valid excuse, if a person does great sketches in a short amount of time, that means every sketch will be quick. I hope all this makes sense.

2. DorkstaR

DorkstaR Senior Member

i usually put in a good 5 hours or so to pull off a fullpager... but rough sketches... bout 5-30 min. i think the longest ive worked on a single piece of art was prolly a good 8 hours or so...

3. FLYIN'OCULA

FLYIN'OCULA New Jack

^^^^^^^^^^^^

yeah,, I can see how your piece of shit sketches take you only 5 mins...

4. StarzAbove

StarzAbove Veteran Member

Well i diff peeps have years doin their style so that varies i kno pieces who ill do an ill uncolored 2pager in about 12minutes. ME i like to take my time so i do about an hour or more i dounbt more than 2 tho

5. parcheesey

parcheesey New Jack

when im sketching a quick outline to paint with no color it takes usually 10-20 minutes. but if im do like a book piece that looks really good and i want all the letters perfect it sometimes takes me a few days. only like an hour a day tho.

6. Overtime

Re: ^^^^^^^^^^^^

wow, good job gettin in a serious thread and fuckin it up, you can talk shit on me anywhere else, there are plenty of threads where you can put my pics in quotes and talk shit, good job being gay here

i mean, coloring and all, it takes a couple hours, but just the outline i meant

7. Dick Quickwood

Dick Quickwood 12oz Loyalist

8. Overtime

qu'est-que c'est ├ža?

9. anonymity1

anonymity1 Senior Member

anywhere from an hour to 5 on a drawing. I have spent up to 15 hours on art projects for school.

10. HELLxO

HELLxO New Jack

id feel like a loser if i spent anymore than an hour and a half on a sketch(no offense to any of you who put real work into your sketches...i just have low self-esteem:( ).....but i dont really get all into sketches..and do CRAZY backgrounds and CRAZZY colour schemes.....and the only time it does take me longer than 45-hour is because im lazy..and will stop halfway through a sketch to watch tv..or better yet..sit on here:idea:

11. InfamousOne

InfamousOne Member

i usually take about 1-4 hours

12. micro

micro Member

i dont wanna sound like an asshole but why do u write or draw if ur not gonna be devoted to it? if ur not gonna put time and/or effort into it then dont even bother doin it cuz if its not worth the effort then it cant make u happy.

13. mr.VIRS

mr.VIRS Member

word to that
    but above all the ppl who control thire style dont need alot of time to sketch things they know wut they are doing and have it all planned
    to us toys it might take longer cuz we erase alot of shit and somtimes a line wont come out stright and shit
    to me it takes more then an hour to finish a sketch with pencil + 45 min just to color it + another hour to add background

14. KareAfu215

KareAfu215 Junior Member

Time

First starting out it used to take me hours doing outlines, it was a learning process developing original letters and connects. In the early 80's creativity was a must, we didn't have the internet to see what other people are doing . That was geez, 24 years ago. Nowadays I'll bang out a outline in 5 -10 minutes with a ball point pen.

I recommend using a ball point pen, I haven't used a pencil since the early 90's. It makes you think more and helps you develop a sense of letter movement.....

Peace

:king:

15. ares

ares Member

Uh, I don't agree. Just because you don't spend 4 hours on a sketch, doesn't mean you aren't devoted. Some people would rather spend their time on a wall, and others don't have hours of time to kill.