Where did all the GVSR's go?

WAKER

ANY OF YOU GUYS HAVE SPOTS WHERE THEY LAY UP ALOT OF GVSR FLATS? I HAVE TWO, AND THE USUAL 5-15 HAS BEEN REDUCED TO 1-2...... ALSO THE LAST TIME I WAS I AT THE ********* LAYUP IN *** WHERE THERE IS USUALLY 20 OR MORE (USUALLY EXCEPTIONAL BENCHING) IT WAS TOTTALY VOID OF THE PRIZED GOLDEN WEST FLATS... ALSO ANTHER SPOT I ALLWAYS BENCH IN **** WHERE I COULD USUALLY CASH A 24 ROLL OF FILM STRICTLY ON GVSR'S IS THE SAME WAY.. ONLY A COUPLE HERE AND THERE... TO BE HONEST, I WOULD RATHER HAVE THEM AROUND TO FLICK THOSE CRAZY 93' PEICES THAT ARE STILL RUNNING AND SHIT, THEN TO BE ABLE TO PAINT THEM... I GREW UP ON THOSE FUCKERS AND JUST LOVE TO SEE OLD SHIT....

SO WHERE DID THEY GO?

ANYBODY?

***if you've been around since 93, then you should know better than to fucking post spots on the internet. -seeking ***

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

ive noticed for the past few years, customers drying up with freight shipments in a good amount of our spots this time of year. shit usually comes back when the weather starts to get colder. like sept. these are spots that get golden west flats, Upfe reefers, the new chilled express ups reefers and gvsr reefers. it has to do with food being in season, in my area.

Originally posted by $$$$$$$$$$$$

they are all over the west coast where they should stay!

i dont get it, you rock a piece on one and you want it to stay near you, if i was you i would want them to travel to the east, west, south, canada etc. the farther the better, hey but thats just me i guess your into staring at your own stuff over and over again.

Due to the economy alot of tonnage is down, the peak shipping is at the end of quarters for many industries and during the summer depending on the type of commodity. Due to the "merger madness" over the past few years with UP/SP and CSX/NS/Conrail alot of former railshippers have lost faith in railroads and switched to the trucking industry.

Enjoy the boxcars while their here, the boxcar of the future is the 53 foot container. Also a lot of American manufacturing companies have moved plants to other parts of the world where labor is cheaper, eliminating rail service at their old US plants, now those same goods that would travel by boxcar from a plant in Dallas TX to a distribution center in Pittsburgh PA, come in 40 foot international containers from China into a western port and roll out doublestack style.

Originally posted by CRUSH KILL DESTROY

i dont get it, you rock a piece on one and you want it to stay near you, if i was you i would want them to travel to the east, west, south, canada etc. the farther the better, hey but thats just me i guess your into staring at your own stuff over and over again.

golden WEST, WEST, WEST!!!

Originally posted by Bosco

Enjoy the boxcars while their here, the boxcar of the future is the 53 foot container...come in 40 foot international containers from China into a western port and roll out doublestack style.

No shit man! Fuck Hanjin! Fuck Cosco! Fuck China Shipping! Fuck all those 40 foot pieces of shit. Fuck intermodals in general.

I threw an "I got SARS" under a hand I did on one of those chinese containers w/the aligators.

Set fire to the intermodal hubs of america.

i had a spot that laid up a couple of galviston flats, but the last few times all they had was bnsf's. bosco got it right. i think its the economy more than anything. ive seen 3 of my box car spots dry up in the last 2 years.

yeah the box car will always be around - in limited supply though. the plain truth is you cant haul recycled paper and beer kegs in an intermodal container. and since recycle is the wave of the future - well its the current wave also - recycled paper is hauled by the mega-ton in boxcars. if boxcars were disappearing then the wouldnt still be building new ones. i got up close and personal with some that were built (not reblt) 6-03. yeah we won't see them as much as we used to or would like to, but they will always be around. but hoppers, tanks, gons 90' auto parts carriers and holyrollers as well as other bulk freight cars will be a lot more prevaiant, but the standard 50' and 50' high cube will be with us a lot longer than you may think.

or at least thats my un-educated guess.

^^Good point on the heavy tonnage that boxcars are ideal for, I didn't really take that into consideration. Also, with the large number of boxcars in service, (and coming of the assembly lines) it would be pointless to stop using them. Thats alot of work for Railroad Scrappers.

You know you stay with ideas that work, and the boxcar was the best idea ever since the steam locomotive!

I was thinking about those GVSR flats, are their weight limits close to those of boxcars fresh from the plants today? Like those new Railboxes or CP's beaver logo boxes? Also since GVSR's are flat their retaining posts are in the interior as opposed to the exterior as used on exterior ribbed boxcars. Exterior ribbed boxcars are less likely to damage freight during transportation and the unloading/loading process. So maybe shippers have requested newer or rebuilt boxcars with increased load limits and less likely to damage freight. Shippers make more money with a boxcar that is filled high 'n tight as opposed to one that is half filled.

yellow and roadway, the #1 and #2 freight movers in the trucking industry, are in the process of merging which could possibly mean some corporations will break contracts and sign back to railroad shipping. this is probably very unlikely but it's possible. recently a spot near me, that has shipped solely by truck for the past 5 years, has been stacked with gvsr flats....granted i know nothing about the shipping industry, don't read up on freight trains, and am generally speaking out of my ass right now....i like to hope.

Guest SPFlatty

take them all!!! please, take them all!! i'll trade every golden west for a con rail flat or some csxt's or whatever in the hell you guys wanna give up!! golden wests haunt me...

but to answer your question...i have no idea...but i'm glad.

About the Intermodals...

The real reaosn we are shutting out freights is because of lazyiness from higher up"" people. The economy is slow and people are losing jobs from an ex manufacturing society. Nothing is being produced here so it comes from China and China loves railroads thats why they are building railroads across their country. Seen it in the paper. Pictures of Chinese workers laying tracks, building a line from A to B far distance. They are going to be using solar enegry for their railroads I'm pretty sure, when we are just being introduced to solar powered/gas/electrical cars. So China has a stronghold on America and it is not necessarily the railroads fault although the heads of the railroads are stupid as having made deals with George Bush about dealing with radioactive shipments (possibly for that waste dump in Nevada Yucca Mountian). Greed and missing minor things also plays a part in railroads losses. But whatevers clever...

Maybe GVSR is at a state of control and stand by by the higher ups of California due to discrepancies from the governor of Cali and the president of the usa. I remember a while back seeing some high official from Cali having discrepancies with some of bush's policies. Maybe I'm paranoid...Peace

Originally posted by Hank Parker

I think they should stay on the west cause alot of them are covered w/trash and they get dissed alot. I don't know, but that's my personal opinion. When ever I see a GVSR there's always bullshit all over it. :o

and i go straight over said bullshit.....

fuckit.....shit rolls and it rolls far.

:king:

LOOK.... FIRST OF ALL IVE BEEN PAINTING LONG ENOUGH TO KNOW MY SHIT.....SECOND OF ALL IF YOU KNEW ANYTHING ABOUT THE SPOT I POSTED, YOU WOULD KNOW THAT IT IS IMPOSIBLE TO PAINT THERE CAUSE THERE ARE CAMERAS EVERYWHERE.....THEY DONT SEEM TO CARE ABOUT PEOPLE TAKING PICTURES, WICH MAKES IT A GREAT BENCHING SPOT, BUT THEY WILL BUST YOUR ASS BEFORE YOU EVEN GET DONE WITH YOUR SKETCH IF YOU TRIED TO PAINT...IM NOT STUPID, NOR DO I TALK SHIT, BUT SEEKING YOU SOUND AROGANT. MAYBE YOU SHOULD KNOW EXACTLY WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT BEFORE YOU MAKE ASSUMPTIONS.....LIKE ASSUMING IM A TOY...I POSTED THIS POST TO TRY TO FIND OUT IF IF THE GOLDEN WESTS WERE BEING REPAINTED OR PULLED FROM SERVICE.....THIS IS WHY GRAFFITI AND THE INTERNET DONT MIX.

Archived