when the animal's head flew off

Guest beardo

Guest beardo

OSLO, Norway (AP) - A flying sheep's head hit a concertgoer and fractured his skull at a concert of metal band Mayhem.

The band, part of Norway's death metal music scene, was carving up a dead sheep as part of its stage act when the animal's head flew off lead singer Maniac's knife and struck 25-year-old Per Kristian Hagen.

"My relationship to sheep is a bit ambivalent now. I like them, but not when they come flying through the air," Hagen told The Associated Press Monday from his hospital room. He is expected to recover.

The show was Thursday in Bergen, 302 miles west of the capital, Oslo.

Hagen filed involuntary assault and battery charges against the band. The charges carry a maximum sentence of six months in prison.

Mayhem member Rune Eriksen, whose stage name is Blasphemer, said the incident was unfortunate. "The whole thing was an accident, but maybe it would be an idea for another show," he said.

Eriksen promised Hagen a free ticket to Mayhem's next performance.

Police detective Carl-Petter Leganger said an investigation has started but "nothing suggests this was a conscious act."

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest imported_Tesseract
Originally posted by beardo

"The whole thing was an accident, but maybe it would be an idea for another show,"

intent of crime

hahah those fucking death metal kids in Norway are insane.

I dont quite remember the whole thing, but wasnt there some band who got in a horrible car accident and one of their members died and they used his severed arm for the CD cover?

Guest beardo

awesome

Sheep hits the fan

By Mark Capper, Metro

11 March 2003

It's not unusual for things to go flying through the air at rock concerts.

Underwear, water bottles and the odd guitar have all been flung by overexcited band members and fans.

But metal band Mayhem lived up to its name after a fan's skull was fractured - by a flying sheep's head.

The Norwegian rockers were carving up a dead sheep as part of their act when its head flew off, with a little help from lead singer Maniac's knife, and struck Per Kristian Hagen in the audience.

From hospital last night, Mr Hagen, 25, said: 'My relationship to sheep is a bit ambivalent now.

'I like them, but not when they're flying through the air. I have a headache now.' Band member Rune Eriksen, stage name Blasphemer, said the attack was an accident.

'But maybe it would be an idea for another show,' he added, promising the injured fan a free ticket to the group's next performance.

Mr Hagen filed assault and battery charges against the band after the show in Norway's second largest city, Bergen, on the west coast.

The charges carry a maximum sentence of six months in prison.

Police detective Carl- Petter Leganger said an investigation had started but 'nothing suggests this was a conscious act'.

The band has a gruesome past. Two years after forming in 1984, singer Maniac left and was replaced by Dead, who lived up to his name by shooting himself through the head in 1991.

His body was found by then guitarist Euronymous, who took pictures of the corpse and made a necklace from pieces of the shattered skull.

The pictures were used on the cover of the band's album, Dawn of the Black Hearts. Euronymous was later stabbed to death by the band's then guitarist Count Grishnackh and Maniac ended up rejoining.

Dave Everley, of rock magazine Kerrang! said: 'Among fans of the scene they are one of the most legendary, infamous bands.

'But, unless you are a fan, their music is pretty much unlistenable.'

Originally posted by Glik0

hahah those fucking death metal kids in Norway are insane.

I dont quite remember the whole thing, but wasnt there some band who got in a horrible car accident and one of their members died and they used his severed arm for the CD cover?

Plus they kill each other and burn down churches....

one of the bands affiliated with mayhem had a member who shot himself, and when another band mate found him he cooked and ate his brains...he also made a necklace out of part of dudes skull.

kid you not...look these guys up.

EDIT: I DIDNT READ THE 2ND ARTICLE THAT BEARDO HAD PASTED...SUMS IT UP NICELY.

they are like gangs, they murder eachother...burn down churches its actually a really interesting story...gruesome too.

Archived