1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

when did graffito go mid-west?

Discussion in 'Third Rail' started by newyuckshity, May 23, 2002.

1. newyuckshity

newyuckshity Guest

when did graffito go mid-west?

Discussion started by newyuckshity - May 23, 2002

i was just curious when graffiti blew up so hard. kids been doing their thing in germany for a little bit but when did every little town in middle america have a scene.
    kids coming out of the wood work. i traveled a bit in 94 and didnt see shit in atlanta virginia or the carolinas, never mind omaha or that huge texas freight explosion.

i know the internet etc, but there has to be more reasons.

opinions please.

2. WITS

WITS 12oz Member

WITS - Replied May 23, 2002

For one of the largest cities in the country this Houston is pathetic when it comes to graffiti. Not much of anything is up here. Lots of freights though... because they're easy and people are afraid of getting caught. hahah... I'm an asshole.

Oh no! I have divulged the secret location!

WITS - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages:
  3. whoami

whoami Guest

whoami - Replied May 23, 2002

Shits been running here for a pretty long time...

4. fizm

fizm 12oz Member

fizm - Replied May 23, 2002

well, in kc...it's been an odd immigration of writers from elsewhere, mostly. people come through here, drop their peace and move on. most of the biggest influences here have been from other places. and i guess that has influenced the people that live here. dalek - richmond, scribe - boston, vizie - tx. i think okae is from somewhere else. and probably most importantly east from nyc, at the beginning of all that att shiz.

anyway, i'm not going to pretend to know more than i do about the history and whatnot. but that's what i know about this city.

fizm - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages:
  5. WITS

WITS 12oz Member

WITS - Replied May 23, 2002

I didn't really say anything about when graff started popping up here.. Ummm. I don't really know. I guess i first noticed it in the late 80's/early 90's. There wasn't much though. No one really going all out around the city and shit as far as I could tell until at least halfway through the 90's. But it still sucks here basically. Lazy mofo's.

PS.... We haven't forgotten about that shit you dissed M and P... It's coming back around!

WITS - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages:
  6. railroadjerk

railroadjerk Guest

railroadjerk - Replied May 23, 2002

fizm cool out on being the kc historian around here bro, it doesnt come off real well...

on that note, i saw your van in westport the other day, by zowies...fun stuff.

7. CROOKWCMGMC

CROOKWCMGMC New Jack

CROOKWCMGMC - Replied May 23, 2002

mid west graffiti

when did it come? uh im still waiting for that to drop.

CROOKWCMGMC - Rank: New Jack - Messages:
  8. metallix

metallix 12oz Elite Member

metallix - Replied May 24, 2002

fr8's

metallix - Rank: 12oz Elite Member - Messages:
  9. fizm

fizm 12oz Member

fizm - Replied May 24, 2002

alright. most of the shit i say about kc or whatever, already got blown up by that article last year or whenever. or is otherwise common knowledge to anyone here. if you're suggesting cops are gathering info, they've got to know all that by now if i do. anyway, it's all good. just trying to say a little bit about the...migration of style.

and i'm about to redo that van, or let someone else do it, email me if you want to. fem might too. i think i'm going to start redoing it every month or two if i stop being lazy.

10. fizm

fizm 12oz Member

i just realized that this thread title says "graffito." GRAFFITO!

sounds so much more fun!

11. mizery

mizery Guest

mizery - Replied May 24, 2002

i thought east was from chicago?

12. fizm

fizm 12oz Member

maybe, heh, i'm just going from memory. he brought that new york style, that's for sure...

13. mafIAkilla

mafIAkilla Guest

mafIAkilla - Replied May 25, 2002

there isnt graffiti in the midwest. a2m,mayhem,att,and kms are made up crews that dont really exist. all the graffiti you see "from the midwest" is actually done with a brush by an underground art school graduate organization that obtains money by kidnapping young heiresses (they are the ones that kidnapped patty hearst). do not believe the lies.....

14. T.T Boy

T.T Boy Dirty Dozen Crew

T.T Boy - Replied May 25, 2002

canadas been experiancing graffiti since the 70s.

T.T Boy - Rank: Dirty Dozen Crew - Messages:
  15. newyuckshity

newyuckshity Guest

newyuckshity - Replied May 25, 2002

aww are you still sore from what i said about your thread?
    or did i?
    i cant keep track of all my jocks.

well i dont know about all that......
    i have painted with COSOE and he is the FIRST writer out of canada.
    when he started writing and the reasons he writes...well i will let him tell you himself.

THEE FIRST.

everyone elses thanks for posting i am getting it piece by piece