Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest newyuckshity

when did graffito go mid-west?

Guest newyuckshity

i was just curious when graffiti blew up so hard. kids been doing their thing in germany for a little bit but when did every little town in middle america have a scene.

kids coming out of the wood work. i traveled a bit in 94 and didnt see shit in atlanta virginia or the carolinas, never mind omaha or that huge texas freight explosion.

i know the internet etc, but there has to be more reasons.

opinions please.

For one of the largest cities in the country this Houston is pathetic when it comes to graffiti. Not much of anything is up here. Lots of freights though... because they're easy and people are afraid of getting caught. hahah... I'm an asshole.

Oh no! I have divulged the secret location!

Guest whoami

Shits been running here for a pretty long time...

well, in kc...it's been an odd immigration of writers from elsewhere, mostly. people come through here, drop their peace and move on. most of the biggest influences here have been from other places. and i guess that has influenced the people that live here. dalek - richmond, scribe - boston, vizie - tx. i think okae is from somewhere else. and probably most importantly east from nyc, at the beginning of all that att shiz.

anyway, i'm not going to pretend to know more than i do about the history and whatnot. but that's what i know about this city.

I didn't really say anything about when graff started popping up here.. Ummm. I don't really know. I guess i first noticed it in the late 80's/early 90's. There wasn't much though. No one really going all out around the city and shit as far as I could tell until at least halfway through the 90's. But it still sucks here basically. Lazy mofo's.

PS.... We haven't forgotten about that shit you dissed M and P... It's coming back around!

Guest railroadjerk

fizm cool out on being the kc historian around here bro, it doesnt come off real well...

on that note, i saw your van in westport the other day, by zowies...fun stuff.

Originally posted by railroadjerk

fizm cool out on being the kc historian around here bro, it doesnt come off real well...

on that note, i saw your van in westport the other day, by zowies...fun stuff.

alright. most of the shit i say about kc or whatever, already got blown up by that article last year or whenever. or is otherwise common knowledge to anyone here. if you're suggesting cops are gathering info, they've got to know all that by now if i do. anyway, it's all good. just trying to say a little bit about the...migration of style.

and i'm about to redo that van, or let someone else do it, email me if you want to. fem might too. i think i'm going to start redoing it every month or two if i stop being lazy.

i just realized that this thread title says "graffito." GRAFFITO!

sounds so much more fun!

maybe, heh, i'm just going from memory. he brought that new york style, that's for sure...

Guest mafIAkilla

there isnt graffiti in the midwest. a2m,mayhem,att,and kms are made up crews that dont really exist. all the graffiti you see "from the midwest" is actually done with a brush by an underground art school graduate organization that obtains money by kidnapping young heiresses (they are the ones that kidnapped patty hearst). do not believe the lies.....

Guest newyuckshity
Originally posted by mafIAkilla

there isnt graffiti in the midwest. a2m,mayhem,att,and kms are made up crews that dont really exist. all the graffiti you see "from the midwest" is actually done with a brush by an underground art school graduate organization that obtains money by kidnapping young heiresses (they are the ones that kidnapped patty hearst). do not believe the lies.....

aww are you still sore from what i said about your thread?

or did i?

i cant keep track of all my jocks.

Originally posted by T.T Boy

canadas been experiancing graffiti since the 70s.

well i dont know about all that......

i have painted with COSOE and he is the FIRST writer out of canada.

when he started writing and the reasons he writes...well i will let him tell you himself.

THEE FIRST.

everyone elses thanks for posting i am getting it piece by piece

Guest THE LAW

1. people move. (from big cities and start scenes.)

2. mass media.

3. freights.

Originally posted by newyuckshity

when he started writing and the reasons he writes...well i will let him tell you himself.

THEE FIRST.

I have my doubts about Cos being the first writer from Canada.. How the fuck would he know that anyway??? Hahah.. I am the first web-toed writer out of Texas! Baammmm!

What exactly is "mid west"?? How can you be in the middle but in the west? Either you're west or you're not. And how come you never hear about "mid east"????

Guest newyuckshity

^ ^ ^

i have contemplated this very same thought. and i think it comes down to this

the east has a lot of big cities. all the was to chicago cleveland etc. so thats where people assume the "east" stops. there is a lot of space between chi-town and cali so you have to call it something.

its not quite the east and its not quite the west. but it is west of most of the big cities and at the same time in the middle of the country

hence "middle west"

........i guess.

you know when your the first writer when your tag is the only tag running...anywhere. and there were none before you.

Guest mafIAkilla

yes i am sore about what you said in response to my thread,because i quit doing graffiti over what you said. i now just collect cans of paint and wish i could do something with them,but then i remember that i am in a crew that is not real. i dream of the day that i can please you newyuck,because i would really like to paint pretty pictures again. please,please,please give me permission to paint and use my crew name again.please,because seeing as you are from new york,you are automatically a real writer,correct? pleeeeeeeeaaaaaaaasssssssssseeeeeee.....

Guest newyuckshity
Originally posted by mafIAkilla

yes i am sore about what you said in response to my thread,because i quit doing graffiti over what you said. i now just collect cans of paint and wish i could do something with them,but then i remember that i am in a crew that is not real. i dream of the day that i can please you newyuck,because i would really like to paint pretty pictures again. please,please,please give me permission to paint and use my crew name again.please,because seeing as you are from new york,you are automatically a real writer,correct? pleeeeeeeeaaaaaaaasssssssssseeeeeee.....

hey know what i aint about hate or silly sarcasm.

you can do what you want. in my opinion and its only my opinion, i said you had can control (i think).

but then again i would not post my own shit cause i feel like thats cheating.

but on the other hand, i dont really care about a crew or some dude that dont know their history. i dont hate you for that. do your thing, its all about painting so i dont think anyone else really cares either.

cause your from out of state and your excused.

i mean if i met some kid that wrote DUST or DONDI or CAP what could i say?

midwest

I think the term midwest refers to the mid point of pioneer types western migration.

????

Guest mafIAkilla

well thank you for complementing my sarcasm. means im doing something good. that and can control.....

Originally posted by newyuckshity

THEE FIRST.

everyone elses thanks for posting i am getting it piece by piece

well, ive heard different versions of the story. there might be a few people on this board who can clear all thsi up. one of my good friends was one of the first writers/crews in vancouver, and he agrees that cosoe was the first writer there. i would have to agree with this. im not too sure about canada, when i was saying its been here since the 70s, i was actually referring to Toronto as the origonator of canadian graffiti. but imnot too sure who started when out there, ive only had brief conversations with some old schoolers from there. possibly if big poppa k could elaborate on this hed clear up alot of possible confusion. as im pretty sure it started out there.

colonization was on the east coast. that's why texas and shit is considered the old west. because it was west of the colonies. california and the west coast is the farthest west of there, but mo, il, etc are in the middle of that range of west-ness.