Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

What freedoms do you have in America that other countries do not?

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by non-hetero, Feb 5, 2004.

1. non-hetero

non-hetero Member

Aside from the obvious examples. I'm talking the western "civilized" world.

2. Daze One Million

Daze One Million Elite Member

you dont get your pinky chopped off for sucking at graffiti

3. Ski Mask

Ski Mask 12oz Loyalist

do you mean what freedoms do you have in america that no other country has? otherwise its kinda hard to answer.

4. non-hetero

non-hetero Member

Let's keep Canada out of this :)

I'm Canadian by the way and I'm not really educated in this matter. I'm only raising this question because so many Americans feel pride in their freedom when so many other countries share those liberties without the... well you know, Americanism.

5. Daze One Million

Daze One Million Elite Member

well we got the patriot act....thats freedom right??? :D

6. Smart

Smart Dirty Dozen Crew

there's speech... sort of...

7. non-hetero

non-hetero Member

:

I think it's that America did draft a great constitution earlier than most countries.

Times have changed but the attitude is still there.

8. non-hetero

non-hetero Member

'Bitches' can go topless throughout Ontario. I'm not sure about the rest of Canada but I know European countries are a lot easier about sexuality and an exposed breast would not create such a rediculous media frenzy.

9. Ski Mask

Ski Mask 12oz Loyalist

we can replay it without fuzzy squares covering it :D

10. effyoo

effyoo Elite Member

^^^

How do you say? ZING!

11. Al Green

Al Green Veteran Member

i dont think alot of people really can define what freedom is..

post modern living.. as cheesy as this may sound... make more people completely retarded as to seeing in context what freedom is...

most dipshits. (tease....ola) can account for such things.

most spit the we are the global dominant power rhetoric.

merry go round status.

12. Daddy Screw

Daddy Screw Member

please elaborate on this. you're saying because we live in a post modernist age, (which my definition of is all cultures, periods etc are all are equal) people are more confused as to what freedom is because they see 'real freedom' and would rather choose not being free? sort of like in the first matrix film~the guy who wants to carry on living in the matrix because the real world is so shit?

what freedoms does america have?
    lets see...
    ~all records of everything you do ever (where you shop,what you buy, what books you take @library, your job, what websites you visit countless other stuff) are stored on some huge database
    ~in order to weed out all the 'terrorists' everyone's profile is on some database
    ~cctv follows you everywhere

not much freedom it seems. same in the uk, mind.

13. Daddy Screw

Daddy Screw Member

yeh big brother indeed. we love him really, don't we?

14. Poop Man Bob

Poop Man Bob Dirty Dozen Crew

http://www.dailykos.com/images/macleans.jpg'>

[url=http://www.macleans.ca/topstories/politics/article.jsp?content=20040209_74911_74911]Macleans[/url] is the Canadian equivalent of Time Magazine.

15. seeking

seeking Dirty Dozen Crew

'HOPE YOU LOSE, EH'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    thats hillarious.

this idea of america being the 'freest' country on earth, flat out, unequivecally, is a crock of shit. just about any of the scandanavian countries rival, if not surpass us in freedom, and most certainly equality in standard of living. unless one of you canadians can provide an example otherwise, ive never heard of a single freedom we have that you dont, and infact can think of more on your side.
    'free speech'?!?! again, a complete crock of shit. yes, for the most part, people can say whatever they want, but its not cause we're 'free', it's because no one cares, so the government can allow us such 'freedoms'. anytime someone has something important to say, it gets censored as being a matter of 'national security'. how is that free speech? yeah, i can say 'the government is lying to us', but all im doing is pissing into the wind, so who cares? i'd rather NOT be able to say it, atleast then the borders would be clearly defined as what they truly are.

i think an easier question would be 'what freedoms DONT other countries have, that we do. pick any major western civilization, and i think you're going to be hard pressed to come up with anything.