Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

What Do y'all think about SCRATCHIES or scratch tags...?

Discussion in 'Third Rail' started by Jackson, May 21, 2002.

1. Jackson

Jackson Veteran Member

What Do y'all think about SCRATCHIES or scratch tags...? you know...in windows and stuff...

2. Ken E. Bus

Ken E. Bus Member

I think they look like crap. You have no control and therefore no style.

3. ilikeskulls.

ilikeskulls. Guest

they're called scribes...for the most part i don't care for them but then again i've also done scribes in bathrooms and such so i'm not one to talk.some people can pull it off...but not many.

4. pekrock

pekrock Junior Member

its stupid to debate such a question. think about whut we are talking about. this is graffiti and although there are rules, there really arent. its illegal on any level except legals and we diss those. i think we should take them for what they are. its a way to get your name up. its not a colored piece meant to make some one stare in awe. its a sign of life and even that is to deep for most. its graffiti. it may not be the best form but its still part of graffiti. its permanent, it cant be buffed. and after all thats whut most of us strive for. to be remembered. well take this however you want. and do whut you want.

5. Ken E. Bus

Ken E. Bus Member

not completely true

6. sneak

sneak Guest

^^^yeh, they cud replace the window

7. Ken E. Bus

Ken E. Bus Member

^^they don't even have to replace the window. i seen them buff them windows with a special machine.

8. fiberoptical

fiberoptical New Jack

they are fun to do.They are super ugly, they piss people off and I think you should all quit doing them.They are the lowest.fucking scumbags.

9. ASER1NE

ASER1NE Veteran Member

what do you all think of the garbage disposal system in your city , what a trivial question .........

10. KIND

KIND Member

its kool imo if the tag comes out alright...with some scribers my tags'll look pretty much the same as with a marker..and about the mahine shit i think they have some shit thats sposed to even the glass out or something...i could tell they tried to do it to some of my shit...

11. -MOE LESTER-

-MOE LESTER- Guest

lets just say, ive smoothed out 3 scribes in the past few months...i love scribes, iono how you guys cant make a decent looking handstyle with a scribe, its pretty easy, scribes are cool and can be found in hardware stores (diamond drillbit) or on the street(pebbles, rocks) maybe in your little suburban towns scribes are unessary damage, but in the city every kid packs a scriber for transit windows, storefronts, bus shelters, bathroom mirrors, and old peoples eye glasses.....

12. 1HalfOfMe

1HalfOfMe Member

13. ctrl+alt+del

ctrl+alt+del Guest

steps to busting out the illest scribe

1. go to your nearest adult shop
    2. buy "midget meat eaters xxx"
    3. get a meaaaaaan hard on
    4. now you can use your hard dick to scribe anything you want

14. Ohio

Ohio Guest

i dont like them on trains because it makes it harder to peep tunnel pieces when the windows are scratched to shit...but on bus shelters or whatever, i really dont care one way or another...doesnt excite me, but obviously there are people who get off on doing it...guess its just a matter of personal taste

15. Ceso One SAF

Ceso One SAF Member

yes no style no control = gay so plop on you