Upcoming Marvel Movies

DETO

Dark Horzons posts some interesting news on upcoming Marvel movies. Look for Fantastic Four in 2005, X-Men 3 and Hulk 2 in 2006, and Spider-Man 3 and Captain America sometime in 2007. The site also announces a 05/15/2004 release for Steve Martin's Pink Panther movie, and the running length for Shrek 2, which clocks in at around 92 minutes.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

<span style='color:pink'>Time to set some dates and times. Word has come in on several Marvel comic projects and more importantly when the company is aiming for release:

2004: Blade: Trinity, Man-Thing

2005: Fantastic Four, Elektra, Iron Man, Ghost Rider, Luke Cage

2006: Black Widow, DeathLok, Dr. Strange, Iron Fist,

The Hulk 2, Namor: The Sub-Mariner, Nick Fury, Punisher 2, X-Men 3

2007+: Spider Man 3, Black Panther, Captain America, Thor

Meanwhile, some project start of shooting dates for Summer 2005 release movies have now been set and here's a shortlist:

Aeon Flux : 07/19/2004

Bewitched : 08/15/2004

Black Dahlia : 05/24/2004

Mission Impossible 3 : 06/01/2004

The Ring sequel : 05/14/2004

The Pink Panther : 05/15/2004

King Kong : 08/01/2004

Finally due to their competition at Cannes, the runtimes have been announced for four major movies. Michael Moore’s documentary “Farenheit 911” clocks in at 110 minutes, “Shrek 2” charms in 92 minutes, “Innocence: Ghost in the Shell 2” runs around 100 minutes, and "Troy" comes in at 155 minutes.

</span>

the only Marvel movie's i'm looking foward to are the Spider-Man sequals. The first movie was killer, the trailer for Spder-Man 2 looks awesme. The 3rd should be good, if theykeep following the same formula.

Originally posted by DETO

the only Marvel movie's i'm looking foward to are the Spider-Man sequals. The first movie was killer, the trailer for Spder-Man 2 looks awesme. The 3rd should be good, if theykeep following the same formula.

Yea, problem is Sam wasnt hired to direct the 3rd film.. and switching directors can be .. well fucking terrible for a film series i.e. batman.

Director Notes: (6/25/03) Although there is a very strong chance Sam Raimi would return to direct this third movie after doing the first two, he is not officially signed on for this movie yet. It's likely that even if he does give up the reins for #3 that he would remain active with the project as producer. (10/14/03) Harry Knowles of AICN reported this weekend that he has heard Sam Raimi has indeed signed on for this movie, but I'm going to wait until something a bit more official (like Sam Raimi actually saying that) comes in before I list him for 100% sure.

werd, High Priest. The first 2 Batman movies were good.(My opinion only) the rest were shit. i hope that they do keep Sam Raimi on to direct the 3rd movie....don't kill this franchise, like they did Batman. on another note, the new Batman Begins movie should be okay... </span>

Originally posted by DETO

werd, High Priest. The first 2 Batman movies were good.(My opinion only) the rest were shit. i hope that they do keep Sam Raimi on to direct the 3rd movie....don't kill this franchise, like they did Batman. on another note, the new Batman Begins movie should be okay...

I actually didnt really enjoy the first spiderman, i thought it was alright.. the majority of it exceded my expectations.. but eh, it was corny. However, i blame the majoirty of that on the whole introduction to the character/ first in the series flaw that alot of films go thru. The second one appears to be, at least from the teasers a def. improvement over the first, which is why i could see it going to shit if a new director steps in and tries to put a new spin on the 3rd film. That said, your def. correct, aside from the first two batman films the rest were terrible. No questions asked.

i dunno.. some of the more obscure ones might be decent... prolly just spit em out because of the craze, and gave em to some upcoming director that might take some risks

namor and dr. strange might be cool... ghost rider and cage are gonna be gay

man-thing (i'm assuming this is the thing) might be cool, as long as they try not to copy the hulk andmake it all cgi (the thing talks too much)

Archived