Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Upcoming Marvel Movies

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by DETO, Apr 28, 2004.

1. DETO

DETO 12oz Loyalist

Dark Horzons posts some interesting news on upcoming Marvel movies. Look for Fantastic Four in 2005, X-Men 3 and Hulk 2 in 2006, and Spider-Man 3 and Captain America sometime in 2007. The site also announces a 05/15/2004 release for Steve Martin's Pink Panther movie, and the running length for Shrek 2, which clocks in at around 92 minutes.

2. DETO

DETO 12oz Loyalist

<span style='color:pink'>Time to set some dates and times. Word has come in on several Marvel comic projects and more importantly when the company is aiming for release:

2004: Blade: Trinity, Man-Thing

2005: Fantastic Four, Elektra, Iron Man, Ghost Rider, Luke Cage

2006: Black Widow, DeathLok, Dr. Strange, Iron Fist,
    The Hulk 2, Namor: The Sub-Mariner, Nick Fury, Punisher 2, X-Men 3

2007+: Spider Man 3, Black Panther, Captain America, Thor

Meanwhile, some project start of shooting dates for Summer 2005 release movies have now been set and here's a shortlist:

Aeon Flux : 07/19/2004
    Bewitched : 08/15/2004
    Black Dahlia : 05/24/2004
    Mission Impossible 3 : 06/01/2004
    The Ring sequel : 05/14/2004
    The Pink Panther : 05/15/2004
    King Kong : 08/01/2004

Finally due to their competition at Cannes, the runtimes have been announced for four major movies. Michael Moore’s documentary “Farenheit 911” clocks in at 110 minutes, “Shrek 2” charms in 92 minutes, “Innocence: Ghost in the Shell 2” runs around 100 minutes, and "Troy" comes in at 155 minutes.
    </span>

3. Abracadabra

Abracadabra Dirty Dozen Crew

wow, loads of shitty over-produced rubbish to avoid for the next few years. thanks for the heads-up deto

4. Dr. Dazzle

Dr. Dazzle Veteran Member

So much hype, I guarantee all these movies will suck terribly......

5. Crimsøn

Crimsøn Senior Member

Hopefully this isn't a dissapointment, and the only other thing that
    might be decent is X-Men 3 (Because The Phoenix will be in it)

6. GLIK$

GLIK$ Dirty Dozen Crew

7. DETO

DETO 12oz Loyalist

the only Marvel movie's i'm looking foward to are the Spider-Man sequals. The first movie was killer, the trailer for Spder-Man 2 looks awesme. The 3rd should be good, if theykeep following the same formula.

8. High Priest

High Priest Elite Member

Yea, problem is Sam wasnt hired to direct the 3rd film.. and switching directors can be .. well fucking terrible for a film series i.e. batman.

9. DETO

DETO 12oz Loyalist

werd, High Priest. The first 2 Batman movies were good.(My opinion only) the rest were shit. i hope that they do keep Sam Raimi on to direct the 3rd movie....don't kill this franchise, like they did Batman. on another note, the new Batman Begins movie should be okay...
    </span>

10. ment2

ment2 New Jack

word um up

11. High Priest

High Priest Elite Member

I actually didnt really enjoy the first spiderman, i thought it was alright.. the majority of it exceded my expectations.. but eh, it was corny. However, i blame the majoirty of that on the whole introduction to the character/ first in the series flaw that alot of films go thru. The second one appears to be, at least from the teasers a def. improvement over the first, which is why i could see it going to shit if a new director steps in and tries to put a new spin on the 3rd film. That said, your def. correct, aside from the first two batman films the rest were terrible. No questions asked.

12. 26SidedCube

26SidedCube Veteran Member

These look good. They really need to start making more of these rated R.

What? Nothing on the Gambit or Wolverine movies? Deto, c'mon man...

13. decu goldyn1

decu goldyn1 Senior Member

hey what happened to Gambit
    i heard that was supposed to be out either later this yr
    or 2005
    i only know because jennifer garner was supposed to be in it
    hmmm

14. Vanity

Vanity Veteran Member

i dunno.. some of the more obscure ones might be decent... prolly just spit em out because of the craze, and gave em to some upcoming director that might take some risks

namor and dr. strange might be cool... ghost rider and cage are gonna be gay

man-thing (i'm assuming this is the thing) might be cool, as long as they try not to copy the hulk andmake it all cgi (the thing talks too much)