the west memphis 3

mapo returns

If youre not familiar in West Memphis, Arkansas, three 8 year old boys were found in a ditch in the woods, completely naked, with their hands tied to their ankles by their shoe laces. One of the boys had the skin of his penis sliced off, and his testicles completely chopped off and were never found. The other boys were stabbed to death but werent sexually mutilated.

The cops had their sights set on Damien Echols, who was supposedly a ringleader of a devil-worshipping cult.

There was no DNA evidence linking them to the scene, and in fact there was no blood at the scene at all, rare if not impossible for 3 boys being stabbed to death in the woods. The best evidence the prosecution had was a confession by Jessie Misskelley. A high school dropout from the backwoods of Arkansas who at best had a 4th grade comprehension level, he was questioned by police for hours, without consent of a parent or without informing of his right to an attorney. He denied any involvement for a long time, gave him a polygraph, which he passed, and then told him he failed it. And then told him the only way to get the cops off his back was to admit it. He then 'confessed' by saying the murders happened around noon, but cops knew the 3 boys killed had been at school that day and werent let out until 2:45. And were last seen alive around 6pm. They then led him into saying it was night time and that they were tied, etc. Jessie said they were beaten with sticks, raped, tied with a rope, and choked to death. None of which was true.

He was sentenced to life in prison. They gave him an offer of a post-conviction plea bargain making parole possible after serving about 15 years, he refused because he said it was a lie.

For the other two, the prosecution actually used the evidence of black t-shirts, tapes of metallica and iron maiden, and books about withcraft and wicca as evidence of a satanic cult. The judge was biased with the prosecution and of course a god-fearing, redneck, community in the Arkansas backwoods jury found them guilty.

I truly feel these 3 are not guilty of these crimes. Check out wm3.org and the book Devils Knot. Also the HBO documentaries, Paradise Lost and Paradise Lost 2.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

just to add some more stuff.

damien echols was sentenced to death by lethal injection and jason baldwin was sentenced to life in prison..they were actually tried together, which is fucked itself.

the stepfather of the mutilated boy is a real piece of work.

he has a history of violent rage and has a brain tumor which causes him to black out sometimes. he gave a gift to the makers of the hbo documentary, a knife. the filmmakers noticed there were some specs of blood on it and sent it to be tested. they werent able to connect it to a specific person, just said the blood type matched his stepson, it also matched the father and about 8 percent of the population.

when asked by police he said the knife had never been used at all. when he was told there was blood on the knife he said he used it to cut deer meat. when he was told it was human blood he said he cut himself while cutting the dear meat. yes, he actually changed his story like that during questioning. he was also a drug informant to the cops, and because of this alot of his convictions for past offenses of violence towards his ex-wife were expunged. he also claimed he went looking for his stepson again on the night of the killing, around midnight, but without a flashlight.

they were arrested actually 10 years ago yesterday (july 3rd) and are still fighting for their appeal. The Arkansas supreme court has given them about 70 days (its about 60 now) to pay for DNA testing.

wm3.org

oh and while police were searching for the boys, a black man entered a chicken restaurant, covered with blood. he was disoriented and went into the womens bathroom. the employees found blood all over the walls. they called the cops but the cop who showed up didnt even look inside the bathroom. they later collected what they could of the blood..and it was 'lost'. no, im not making that up. they simply 'lost' it.

also, an african-american hair was found in a sheet one of the boys was wrapped in.

• 2 weeks later...

i've been following this on and off since about 97... shit is pretty bananas for sure.

i havent seen the second one, but paradise lost was really dope. how anyone could watch that, and still think they were even possibly guilty is completely beyond me.

hennry rollins is doing a tour right now, covering all black flag songs, and donating the proceeds to the the wm3 defense fund.

dude youd think, with as much fucking money as they have, that metallica or some of the bands that were named in the court case, would step up and offer something. metallica allowed their music to be used in paradise lost (the first and i believe only time they've licensed it for anything) but even still....you guys made probably a billion dollars collectively...give 200,000 back to a couple kids who are literally likely to die without your help.

god, i hate metallica now. if this shit was happening in 89, in the middle of '...and justice for all' they would have been all over it. now they're rich ass faggots.

fuck metallica.

and fuck arkansas.

and fuck people who cut dear meat.

yeah. fuck metallica. all that whining about napster and shit and didnt james hetfield get left a GIANT piece of land in marin county and they cant help people out ESPECIALLY after doing a video shoot in san quinton. the lyrics were corny and i dont know who the producer was but graphic footage of lifers and inmates mixed with glam rock video angles of the band is incredibly fucking corny. it would of added a whole lot more if they would of just shown footage of inmates the whole time.

oh and the dedication.....how fucking charming. maybe you should start a legal defense fund for inmate unjustly incarerated with you proceeds fuckers.

metallica went yuppie.

boooooooh.

Originally posted by seeking

i've been following this on and off since about 97... shit is pretty bananas for sure.

i havent seen the second one, but paradise lost was really dope. how anyone could watch that, and still think they were even possibly guilty is completely beyond me.

hennry rollins is doing a tour right now, covering all black flag songs, and donating the proceeds to the the wm3 defense fund.

dude youd think, with as much fucking money as they have, that metallica or some of the bands that were named in the court case, would step up and offer something. metallica allowed their music to be used in paradise lost (the first and i believe only time they've licensed it for anything) but even still....you guys made probably a billion dollars collectively...give 200,000 back to a couple kids who are literally likely to die without your help.

god, i hate metallica now. if this shit was happening in 89, in the middle of '...and justice for all' they would have been all over it. now they're rich ass faggots.

fuck metallica.

and fuck arkansas.

and fuck people who cut dear meat.

Yeah, thats what im saying. The Paradise Lost movies are dope, people should see them, although I yelled at the tv through both movies. Its so fucked up what happened to those kids. And the nut bag step father is still out and about, fucking psycho. There are a lot of message boards and that website mentioned above, there are a lot of interesting things on these sites, and its unreal that these kids are still in jail.

Guest KING BLING

^is it neccesary to see both or are they independant of each other? I can get the second one but not the first one right now...

Yeah right now theyre trying to get DNA testing done to prove their innocence and get a new trial. The Arkansas State Supreme Court has given them a 70 day extension (probably like 50 now) and its going to be the last one. From what they say on message boards its going to cost 200 grand. So theyre trying to raise the money. With the help of Henry Rollins, Metallica and Pearl Jam as well as alot of regular people - Im surprised theyre having trouble with that.

Like Seeking, Ive been following this case on-and-off for awhile now.

What sparked my recent interest was when I read that Eddie Vedder held up a 'Free the WM3' sign at a recent concert in Little Rock. The crowd agreed and went into a cheering frenzy.

Guest KING BLING

I am finishing the second - could'nt get the first - and I can see now why the father is seen by many as guilty. I encourage anyone here to rent this, it's moving...

Archived