The Thing

shaolinmasta

I went to TAFE today to photocopy someshit and to leave not to attend classes (I am sposed to be catching up on work) and I saw The Thing on shelves for hire so I hired it because it's an old John Carpenter flick - Escape From New York, Halloween, Assault On Precinct 13 etc.

I have just finished watching it and would have to say it is easily on of the best horror films I have ever seen in my life, the special effects fucking rock, this is the best of his films ive seen you all need to see it.

0783227507.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

You "hired" the movie?

But yeah, this is a bad ass horror movie. the part where the thing starts killing all those dogs in the pen gave me nightmares for years.

The whole claustrophobic aspect of the research base, the mens paranoia and one gruesome monster makes for what could be considered an earthbound version of "Alien"

So, did you see the deleted scene where the black guy gets killed towards the end? I heard it had some crazy stop motion creature effects.

Indeed, a classic. I've seen it numorous times and enjoy it more and more with each viewing.

Interesting trivia fact about John Carpenter. He composed and played the music himself for all of his older films. Most of the time it was all done on an ARP 2600, a widely-loved vintage synthesizer. Here's a picture:

arp2600.gif

fermentor coming with the nerd fact!

nerd fact deuce: rob bottine, the guy that did the

special fx for that used to be one of my little

mini-heroes back in grade 8 when me and my

best friend used to make clay molds of rawhead

rex and little latex scars while reading fangoria.