the Haiti (sp?) incident.....

WhAt_dA_fUcK

is a result why our unit might be going...my officer told me today that if we go its gonna be this friday if we dont go this friday then we wont go..yay for me!...i actually want to go i get bored here on/around base plus i spend large amounts of money on crap i dont even need...so if you see a sudden stoppage of postings in my behalf its because im in haiti ....ill be sure to bring some pics of whats left of the US embassy...

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

heres the deal, i work with this hatian guy and i keep joking with him like "im going to haiti tomorrow, planes at 11 am". So he always says "ohh man its beautiful down there man, you will love it". So i always come back with the line "god dam man, havent you been reading/watching the news? its fucked up down there right now"..

He shoots back with the line.. "this is nothing new, we see this type of shit all the time".

So he is not worried about his family or anything..

Either the president steps down or they will bomb the fuck out of him and overthrow him.. thats basically it..

He keeps telling me to go down there, and i am still thinking about it, but that shit scares me man. i still want to go.

this haiti shit is crazy. it's gonna be a huge mess, and the marines down there are in for way more than they bargained for.

i've been to haiti. in some ways it is beautiful and awesome. in other ways it is super-unstable and lawless. awesome if you're a 16 year old anarchist and thinking about it in the abstract- potentially terrifying if you've actually witnessed some of the shit that goes down.

this is a big deal. the us wants to keep aristide in power- they put him in power in the first place. i know that people say this stuff "happens all the time" in haiti, but uprisings against aristide have not been nearly this serious and coordinated as this time. i think it's gonna get uglier.

Originally posted by villain

Oh shit I'm totally out of the loop on this.

i second that !! i have heard bits and pieces ... but not enough to be in the know. hope it all calms down with a good outcome for everyone. oh wait we are getting involved ... nope cant think it will be for the best of everyone.

Guest imported_El Mamerro
Originally posted by WhAt_dA_fUcK

my officer told me today that if we go its gonna be this friday if we dont go this friday then we wont go..yay for me!...i actually want to go i get bored here on/around base plus i spend large amounts of money on crap i dont even need

I don't know if you've heard the reports of what some of the rebels are have done to captives from the police/military forces... I'm guessing you haven't, cause I can't possibly fathom being excited after hearing them. Straight up Black Hawk Down shit, with machetes, large stones to the face, dismemberment, and dragging of torsos through streets. Take it easy.

what the fuck? ???????????????/

I read in the paper today that (ex)President Aristide said that American troops forced him to sign over power at gunpoint!

Source

excert:

• Jean-Bertrand Aristide claims he was forced to leave Haiti by U.S. military forces, according to a telephone interview with the exiled Haitian president Monday.

Aristide was put in contact with The Associated Press by Rev. Jesse Jackson following a news conference, where the civil rights leader called on Congress to investigate Aristide's ouster. When asked if he left Haiti on his own, Aristide quickly answered: "No. I was forced to leave.

"Agents were telling me that if I don't leave they would start shooting and killing in a matter of time," Aristide said during the brief phone interview that was interrupted at times by static.

When asked who the agents were, he responded: "White American, white military.

"They came at night . . . There were too many, I couldn't count them," he added.

Jackson said Congress should investigate whether United States, specifically the CIA, had a role in the rebellion that led to Aristide's exile.

Jackson encouraged reporters to question where the rebels in Haiti got their guns and uniforms.

"Why would we immediately support an armed overthrow and not support a constitutionally elected government?" Jackson said.

Aristide, who fled Haiti under pressure from the rebels, his political opponents, the United States and France, arrived Monday in the Central African Republic, according to the country's state radio. He has claimed that he was abducted from Haiti by U.S. troops who accompanied him on a flight to the Central African Republic.

The White House, Pentagon and State Department have denied allegations that Aristide was kidnapped by U.S. forces eager for him to resign.

and wha the hell? the French and the USA are working together? huh?

I'm sorry guys but this will NOT help the worlds opinion of the USA.

Guest TEARZ

kilo,

i'm unsure about what to make of that article. the fact is that the us government helped get aristide into power, and has helped uphold his presidency on more than one occasion. for much of this debacle, i was expecting that their "party line" would be to back aristide as a "democratically elected leader" unlike they did with chavez in venezuela. i was surprised by the flip flop.

based on the us' history with aristide, i'm certainly not jumping to the conclusion that the cbc article is true. some sheisty shit went down however.

Guest BROWNer
Originally posted by TEARZ

i was expecting that their "party line" would be to back aristide as a "democratically elected leader" much like they did with chavez in venezuela.

:confused: they as in US govt???

anyhow, fucked up shit.

venezuela is next.

Guest BROWNer

this might be of some interest:

http://www.democracynow.org/article.pl?sid...4/03/02/1616229

interview with the head of the US security team that protected

aristide..

also, if you venture to dnow's frontpage, they are claiming

the whole thing is an american psyop. and that the ambassador

to south africa has rejected the US claim that aristide was

denied asylum.

?

also on the front page an interview with former attorney general-cum-dissident

ramsay clark on the haitian situation.

Guest TEARZ
Originally posted by TEARZ

kilo,

i'm unsure about what to make of that article. the fact is that the us government helped get aristide into power, and has helped uphold his presidency on more than one occasion. for much of this debacle, i was expecting that their "party line" would be to back aristide as a "democratically elected leader" unlike they did with chavez in venezuela. i was surprised by the flip flop.

based on the us' history with aristide, i'm certainly not jumping to the conclusion that the cbc article is true. some sheisty shit went down however.

*BROWNER- typo, thanks

Guest TEARZ

this is like the enron thread...

only a few dudes aren't snoozing on this...

AGENT BROWNER- i read all your recommendations. top notch shit par usual.

Guest TEARZ

dude, ramsey clark is all over the place in that second to last paragraph, but ties it back together at the end.

btw, i knew those fucks would come in through the domincan republic... hipolito what are you doing???? disgracing el partido blanco y mi pana pena gomez... el gobierno EU es mas poderoso que meija...

from the UN Observer

2004-03-03 | Ira Kurzban, the lawyer who represents President Jean Bertrand Aristide has announced that he had just learned that the Central African Republic (CAR) has shut off President Aristide's phone service. He said that armed members of the French and CAR military are guarding President Aristide and he is not free to leave.

While there are many conflicting reports coming out of Haiti and Central Africa, the only way we will be able to determine the truth is open communications and immediate investigations.

full article:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/3529661.stm

.......Critics say that something else was at work. The harshest critic in this instance is a leading world economist Jeffrey Sachs, now Director of the Earth Institute at Columbia University in New York. He argued in an article in the Financial Times that the United States had overthrown a democratic leader:

"The crisis in Haiti is another case of brazen US manipulation of a small, impoverished country with the truth unexplored by journalists. President George Bush's foreign policy team came into office intent on toppling Mr Aristide, long reviled by powerful US conservatives such as former senator Jesse Helms who obsessively saw him as another Fidel Castro in the Caribbean.

"Such critics fulminated when President Bill Clinton restored Mr Aristide to power in 1994, and they succeeded in getting US troops withdrawn soon afterwards, well before the country could be stabilised. In terms of help to rebuild Haiti, the US Marines left behind about eight miles of paved roads and essentially nothing else.

"In the meantime, the so-called "opposition", a coterie of rich Haitians linked to the preceding Duvalier regime and former (and perhaps current) CIA operatives, worked Washington to lobby against Mr Aristide."

..yet another example of a dangerous, imperialistic doctrine.

Guest BROWNer
Originally posted by !@#$%

"In the meantime, the so-called "opposition", a coterie of rich Haitians linked to the preceding Duvalier regime and former (and perhaps current) CIA operatives, worked Washington to lobby against Mr Aristide."

here's a little nugget on guy philippe, apparently trained by US

special forces: http://www.democracynow.org/article.pl?sid...4/03/03/1631258

and

the haitian consul general says aristide is still president:

http://www.democracynow.org/article.pl?sid...4/03/03/1631249

Archived