Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Selling on Ebay

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by the_gooch, Feb 23, 2005.

1. the_gooch

the_gooch 12oz Loyalist

I am giving some thought to selling stuff on eBay; does anyone have any experience with this? Any tips, preferences, critiques, etc? Help a brother out!

Thanks in advance

2. Abracadabra

Abracadabra Dirty Dozen Crew

yeah, label all sales *LIMITED EDITION NIKE DUNKS*

3. GLIK$

GLIK$ Dirty Dozen Crew

and:

Krylon, Rusto, Montana, Belton, Cope2, Graffiti, WILD STYLE

4. mr.yuck

mr.yuck Veteran Member

Try selling stuff through drop shippers. Make sure that everything you sell has a reserve on it to match the profit you want to make and jack up your shipping charges. Let me know how that goes and i might go about doing it myself.

5. Nekro

Nekro Elite Member

Always double what shipping actually costs. Start it at 1 cent, but have a friend bid the amount of money you want (e.g. I'd start at $.01 and have a friend put a $20 bid on a somewhat rare record) Wait until you've been paid to ship (duh).

6. anotherwhiteboy

anotherwhiteboy New Jack

Ebay is the baddest thing out i made about 30k profit just in ebay sales this past summer. I deal in used golf balls. Just find you knitch. good luck

7. anotherwhiteboy

anotherwhiteboy New Jack

one other thing you can start a business selling sutff on ebay for people. They have stores opening up all over the place. They charge like 30% of the sale price and the min is like 30 bucks. I thought about this a little over a year ago now it seems like it is the next big thing. We'll see anyhow just find and idea and get in on the groud floor and stick to it.

8. sans sheriff

sans sheriff Senior Member

I've been on eBay since 98...

Selling sucks now-a-days.
    It was better BEFORE PayPal was developed.

Auction fees are fucking retarded.

Unless you're selling something that can get a lot of traffic and bids, don't even bother.

9. Kr430n5_666

Kr430n5_666 Banned

I made $254 dollars off of ebay last week for an item that I found at an airport.

10. the_gooch

the_gooch 12oz Loyalist

11. Hermdog

Hermdog Elite Member

I deal ebay almost daily...your preferences may vary but here's what I do.

These tips may seem obvious, but I'm sure some things are forgotten.

1. When listing an item, list it for the lowest possible price you are willing to sell it without taking a loss.

2. List your item with the shipping cost clearly posted. Most people will ignore you if you don't list a cost, for fear of raping. Your shipping cost should also be fair. Weigh the item and check out shipping charges on USPS.com or get a scale.

3. Only accept money orders at first. Then venture out to Paypal and personal checks.

4. Ship your item soon after you receive payment. You will become respected through ebay that way.

5. Compare the market of your product. If you're selling a comic book, check to see if someone else is selling it. List a lower price if you're confident you'll sell the same item.

6. Watch your spelling...and when listing the item use descriptive words....

Any other questions feel free to pm me or visit my auctions under hermdog12 on ebay.

12. krie

krie Guest

ask for their asl too

13. the_gooch

the_gooch 12oz Loyalist

thanks herm

all i need to do is get some flix of the stuff and i think i am good to go

14. ClueTwo

ClueTwo Veteran Member

Keep all these good comments coming..I've been seriously thinking about this lately, but I'm worried about getting jewed,,

I do already have a sellers/paypal account so all I'm waiting for is the confidence..any good success stories..

15. MartiansOnMeth

MartiansOnMeth New Jack

i just got a badass ciao manhattan tshirt off ebay. its gonna look real hot.