Selling on Ebay

the_gooch

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

one other thing you can start a business selling sutff on ebay for people. They have stores opening up all over the place. They charge like 30% of the sale price and the min is like 30 bucks. I thought about this a little over a year ago now it seems like it is the next big thing. We'll see anyhow just find and idea and get in on the groud floor and stick to it.

I deal ebay almost daily...your preferences may vary but here's what I do.

These tips may seem obvious, but I'm sure some things are forgotten.

1. When listing an item, list it for the lowest possible price you are willing to sell it without taking a loss.

2. List your item with the shipping cost clearly posted. Most people will ignore you if you don't list a cost, for fear of raping. Your shipping cost should also be fair. Weigh the item and check out shipping charges on USPS.com or get a scale.

3. Only accept money orders at first. Then venture out to Paypal and personal checks.

4. Ship your item soon after you receive payment. You will become respected through ebay that way.

5. Compare the market of your product. If you're selling a comic book, check to see if someone else is selling it. List a lower price if you're confident you'll sell the same item.

6. Watch your spelling...and when listing the item use descriptive words....

Any other questions feel free to pm me or visit my auctions under hermdog12 on ebay.

There is really nothing to worry about if your selling. I lived off the bay for two years, now i have a nine to fiver and still sell on there.

the only thing ive ever been told to look out for were money orders. a friend of mine got burnt on one so i only accept U.S postal money orders. The good thing about them is that the post office will cash them back in so if you ship through them its a little easier. other than that its pretty easy.