Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Road kill candy

Discussion in 'News' started by AW, Feb 25, 2005.

1. AW

AW New Jack

CLICK ME

Road kill candy angers animal rights activists
    Kraft: 'We didn't mean to offend anyone'
    Friday, February 25, 2005 Posted: 9:41 AM EST (1441 GMT)

TRENTON, New Jersey (AP) -- Animal rights activists are disgusted by a new candy from Kraft Foods Inc. that's shaped like critters run over by cars -- complete with tire treads.

The fruity-flavored Trolli Road Kill Gummi Candy -- in shapes of partly flattened snakes, chickens and squirrels -- fosters cruelty toward animals, according to the New Jersey Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals.

"It sends the wrong message to children, that it's OK to harm animals. And that's the wrong message, especially from a so-called wholesome corporation like Kraft," said society spokesman Matthew Stanton.

The society is considering petition drives, boycotts and letter-writing campaigns to get the candy pulled from the market, Stanton said.

After receiving a complaint from the NJSPCA Wednesday, Kraft officials pulled an animated advertisement from Trolli's Web site that featured car headlights and animals.

No other decisions on changes have been made, said Kraft spokesman Larry Baumann.

"If you look across the Gummi category we certainly have many products that are offbeat, and that's what we were doing in this case," Baumann said. "We didn't mean to offend anyone."

2. Herbivore

Herbivore Senior Member

i just saw this on msnbc.com... the animal rights activists need to fucking relax. no harm is being done... and it doesn't "foster cruelty towards animals"...

3. PUMPKIN ESCOBAR

PUMPKIN ESCOBAR Senior Member

I agree, chill the fuck out. But Road Kill Candy? How fucking dumb is that?

4. ERIZENO

ERIZENO Senior Member

this is the kind of shit that makes people not take activists seriously. self-defeating morons !!! hold out for a good cause people can back you with.

edit for grammer ...

5. ERIZENO

ERIZENO Senior Member

6. ODS-1

ODS-1 Elite Member

I guess we should expect a lot from Phillip Morris. I think the candy is dumb, but I mean for fuck's sake, there's people without any food at all! Can't we work on that first?

7. emergin_graffer

emergin_graffer Junior Member

"It sends the wrong message to children, that it's OK to harm animals"
    how does run over gummys show that harmin animals is ok? :what:

8. ASER1NE

ASER1NE Veteran Member

Mmmmmmmmmmmnnn Candy..............

9. why write?

why write? Veteran Member

hahahah....its okay to run over your gummy bears is the message that i got from this, just run those mother fuckin gummy bears over, who cares...there just gummys, kids cant even drive so what do they care anyway.

10. InfiniteWisdomOfThePezDispenser

InfiniteWisdomOfThePezDispenser Junior Member

11. effyoo

effyoo Elite Member

fixed

12. InfiniteWisdomOfThePezDispenser

InfiniteWisdomOfThePezDispenser Junior Member

excellent point. I stand corrected.

really sad state of affairs though.l

13. taper

taper Elite Member

stupid idea but thoes animal rights fuckers do need to realx. its a goddam gummy snake its not a big fucking deal... that shit pisses me off

14. postmodernism

postmodernism Junior Member

Anybody ever seen the Breakfast Gummys? Shaped like eggs and toast and sausage links. I couldnt bring myself to try em. No gummy eggs for me!

15. itsallafarce

itsallafarce Elite Member

jeez i actually think that the idea of road kill gummi's is great....when i read the first article that tesseract posted i laughed my ass off....fuckin activists whats next boycotting black forest gummy bears or worms....might as well it teaches kids that eating animals is good and tasty :rolleyes2: