Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Resolution Problem

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by Dick Quickwood, Jul 19, 2004.

1. Dick Quickwood

Dick Quickwood 12oz Loyalist

After a power failure, my computer's resolution became lower, which makes everything bigger. Windows won't let me change the settings. In the device manager, it says that the graphics controller has a problem. (This device cannot start. (Code 10)

Click Troubleshoot to start the troubleshooter for this device.)
    Do any of you have any ideas on how to fix this, or ideas for a work-around, such as an add on graphics card? I tried a system restore, which didn't work. Also, in the device manager, there is an option to uninstall the graphics controller. I would do that, then reinstall it but i'm afraid if i do that, i'll be stuck with a blank screen.

2. Vanity

Vanity Veteran Member

if you're on xp.. i believe you can go into the properties of the driver, and there might be an 'update' feature... that might get it replazed for you.

3. Dick Quickwood

Vanity

i just tried that, it didn't find another driver

4. effyoo

effyoo Elite Member

go to the company's website.

5. Dick Quickwood

downloading a driver from there now. if that doesn't work, i guess i'll try the Intel site next. however, it makes no sense why this would happen.

6. LaCosaNostra

LaCosaNostra Senior Member

drive that driver like it aint never been driven before!

7. Dick Quickwood

i fixed it, fucking woot! i downloaded a driver from the Intel site. no idea how the original driver disappeared though.

8. fermentor666

fermentor666 Veteran Member

You fixed it, but I was gonna tell you to re-download the driver for your graphics card, or that maybe your graphics card blew out. But hey, no more problem, no more need for solutions.

:)

9. Dick Quickwood

well, it's not actually a graphics card, mine is one of those disposable hewlet-packards, so all the shit is in the motherboard. i also had a suspicion that the outage was actually a surge, and ruined the video hardware.

10. fermentor666

fermentor666 Veteran Member

Ah. That's wild that the power problem screwed up your drivers. Must have caused some error in the .dll's or whatever file. Windows can do some weird shit, sometimes.

11. Kr430n5_666

Kr430n5_666 Banned

r: awww
    r: gotcha
    r: so anything new
    r: hey im gonna go...ok...ttly
    r: byes
    d: eeeeeeeee

12. Dick Quickwood

fuck, it happened again, and reinstalling the driver didn't fix it

13. Brewster Baker

Brewster Baker 12oz Loyalist

14. parcheesey

parcheesey New Jack

try this:
    right click on ur desktop, go down to display modes, then either high color or true color (whichever is checked off) and then select a lower dimension. hope this works.

15. parcheesey

parcheesey New Jack

ha nevermind i just read through everything and it seems more advanced than that, worth a try anyways.