passengers.....

paint trains

I'm just wondering if you think havin some passenger trains legal in your area is good. or do you think that takes the thrill out of it? because that it what might be happening here.

Because my friend got caught doing a truck the other day and they were talking about passengers and shit and then the cop brought up the subject of making some old passengers here legal.

The trains that you paint on actually run for a month, Then a bunch of new writers some in each month and paint, and I think the cops said they will pay for the paint too, but i'm not complete sure about that one. They think that it will cut down graffiti here, If anything it will bring more to the area, I think..

So your thoughts on this?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I heard about them doing something like that in somewhere else in europe. Supposedly some big rail company was just all "fuck it....we're going to give the writers a certain amount of trains they can bomb the hell out of just because we can't put a halt to this shit 100% of the time."

I think it's a cool idea. Although there will always be the neccessary component of adrenaline borne of illegality present in order to make graffiti truly a unique experience, it's also very nice to be able to have a place where you can set up shop and not worry about some bull breaking your head open.

Ity seems to me that europe and austrailia are very much more open to graffiti as an art form rather than here in the United States. Here we're enjoying (at least the general pop hungry public) a momentary explosion in the popularity of graffiti and related artwork. Unfortunately, this still doesn't make it any easier to go out and bomb or piece.

if its legal, forget throwies... take your time and work some productions.

i think legals sound like a nice idea at first but would probably end up drawing in too many toys that would clutter the trains with wackness.

...i don't know what to think about this...the idea is so completely foriegn to the US...it would never happen here, so it's hard to imagine...i will say that i have only painted a legal wall once in my life...for some reason the idea just doesn't appeal to me...

Originally posted by phels

i think it would well take the fun away, it would be cool to have a moving legal wall but my favorite part of graffiti is to get up somthing good somwhere it shouldnt be.

I see your point. But having a legal somewhere doesn't mean that the illegal side to graffiti is going to stop either. It just means that people are accepting it more and that you have a place to go paint that you don't have to worry about being cops rolling up on you. You and your friends can just take your time having fun painting.

Then later go out and bomb.

that would be pretty dope if it happen in chicago.....a few years back the cta (cricago transit authority) held a battle. they supplied all the paint needed and they allowed writers to paint the walls along the cta. this event never took place again cause everyone took all the paint they could get and after the battle they destroyed more cta property.

Originally posted by iceman

that would be pretty dope if it happen in chicago.....a few years back the cta (cricago transit authority) held a battle. they supplied all the paint needed and they allowed writers to paint the walls along the cta. this event never took place again cause everyone took all the paint they could get and after the battle they destroyed more cta property.

:P :P

Originally posted by LENS

I heard about them doing something like that in somewhere else in europe. Supposedly some big rail company was just all "fuck it....we're going to give the writers a certain amount of trains they can bomb the hell out of just because we can't put a halt to this shit 100% of the time."

I think it's a cool idea. Although there will always be the neccessary component of adrenaline borne of illegality present in order to make graffiti truly a unique experience, it's also very nice to be able to have a place where you can set up shop and not worry about some bull breaking your head open.

Ity seems to me that europe and austrailia are very much more open to graffiti as an art form rather than here in the United States. Here we're enjoying (at least the general pop hungry public) a momentary explosion in the popularity of graffiti and related artwork. Unfortunately, this still doesn't make it any easier to go out and bomb or piece.

i think that was just on freights in some eastern european country where shit is a clap anyway.

Originally posted by Leedsboozer

not a good thing in my opinion kinda defeats the point of it.

it's only the old local trains that might be getting legalized... The newer ones that are here will stay illegal... and all other trains that aren't local that go through here will be illegal aswell...

Originally posted by THE CORONER

ts impossible in the city i live in man, ive never seen it done my whole life

yeah we have some legal freights here now... like not legal to anyone but a few people got to go in a yard one day and paint them.. its looks good.. they run aswell...

Archived