Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

moving to philly - let's talk about RENT

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by Mr. Mang, Sep 14, 2002.

1. Mr. Mang

Mr. Mang Elite Member

im considering moving back to philly possibly in the summertime and working at UPS or someting like that as well as taking a few college classes somewhere.

is anyone looking for a roomate in the (somewhat distant) future? or does anyone know a halfway affordable place somewhat near south street or love park? or anywhere? i'll definitely need a roommate regardless of where i live.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

http://www.skatespots.com/pa/spots/lov_top.jpg'>

maybe i will just live in my car next to love park hmm? no?

2. -Rage-

-Rage- 12oz Loyalist

Dude, where've you been KY? Love is closededededded.

3. beardo

beardo Guest

love park = useless

4. Mr. Mang

Mr. Mang Elite Member

i know i know i have been there since it has been 'rennovated'. i was just kind of reminiscing i guess...

5. MisPantalonesEstaEnfuega

MisPantalonesEstaEnfuega Veteran Member

6. -Rage-

-Rage- 12oz Loyalist

I'll probably still be here, but I live with the rents...

7. amItoolate?

amItoolate? Member

haha fuck yeah mang! im reppin ups well im about to im waitin for my transfer to come through! but yeah, move back to philly...love park is bunker than a handfull of magic beans its all about the mini-ramp at fdr

8. Mr. Mang

Mr. Mang Elite Member

yeah, amI we'll definitely have to skate that. slick, but fun definitely.

i'm gonna work at UPS here for a while and transfer, since both louisville and philly are major UPS areas. but if i cant transfer i'm still gonna try to move anyway.

9. -Rage-

-Rage- 12oz Loyalist

Oh shit! This reminds me to talk to my friend about skating Reading tomorrow. D'oh!

10. toyeattoywar

toyeattoywar Member

i have a friend that lives in philly that has a 2bdr that he and his partner pay about 495 a month for. its my understanding if you look around the right neighborhoods you can get some pretty good deals on rent, i dont know if this helps or not but good luck anyway.

11. amItoolate?

amItoolate? Member

mang you might wanna hold off workin ups there if you really wanna work it here in philly, the only way to transfer is if youve been there for a year AND your moving somewhere to got to school, you gotta show em proof and all sorts of crap its a looong frustrating prosess...but its a good job nonetheless

12. Mr. Mang

Mr. Mang Elite Member

toyeattoywar - yeah that helps. any info at all helps.

thanks for the UPS info too, amI. definitely.

13. footsoldier

footsoldier Senior Member

phillys a cheap city to live in, in comparison to other big cities i guess. you could live like 3-4 blocks south of south st. really cheap, its not a great area but its def not bad either. north philly is filled with good deals. i have a friend who has a sweet place he pays like 500 for a month and its only 3 blocks from the highschool and cecil b moore (temple), my two favorite philly skate spots.

14. Mr. Mang

Mr. Mang Elite Member

hmm interesting...

15. MisPantalonesEstaEnfuega

MisPantalonesEstaEnfuega Veteran Member

But then again some 11 year old boy got shot twice for no reason at Cecil B Moore earlier this week.