Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

loud rap music causes white kids to retreat

Discussion in 'News' started by GamblersGrin, Jun 8, 2005.

1. GamblersGrin

GamblersGrin Elite Member

http://www.boston.com/news/local/massachus...ootball_league/

5 teams quit youth football league
    Decision stirs racial tensions
    By Donovan Slack, Globe Staff | June 6, 2005

In what youth football officials are calling a crisis, five suburban Pop Warner teams have voted to leave a conference filled with urban teams, including those from Mattapan, Dorchester, and Roxbury, roiling racial tensions in what is supposed to be a fun activity for 7- to-14-year-olds.

In interviews, team officials cited ''intimidating" rap music played at some city games, city teams' brand of hard-hitting football, and the safety of some city playing fields. Last summer, 11-year-old Jenry Gonzalez was shot in the chest during a Pop Warner practice in a Roxbury park.

Boston coaches say the suburban teams' departures are nothing more than thinly veiled racial prejudice and that suburban team officials did not try hard enough to talk things out before leaving.

''You can sugar-coat it, but I call it like I see it. I think it's racist," Dorchester Eagles president Kenny Williams said. '' 'Black kids hit our kids harder, black kids listen to rap music' -- it doesn't make any sense to me."

The allegations of prejudice are flying both ways.

In a letter obtained by the Globe, Needham-Wellesley officials contend that a Boston coach getting off a bus at their football field egged on his players by saying, ''Let's go get some white [expletive]!" They also said a black coach from Boston called one of their players, who is Haitian, a ''traitor."

''We had to leave because our concerns weren't being met with any serious considerations," said Mike Libertini, vice president of the Needham-Wellesley Pop Warner organization, which is establishing a conference with other suburban teams in another league run by American Youth Football.

For their part, coaches from city teams say that racially charged comments by them or their players are not tolerated. If anyone made them, they say, they no longer have their positions.

The withdrawals have left the now nine-team Pop Warner conference with only one suburban team, Walpole, and an official there says it is considering withdrawing from the conference as well. Pop Warner officials had an emergency meeting last week and have scheduled another for Thursday to discuss the problem.

It is perhaps the most contentious chapter in a saga that has played out over more than a decade. Since the first mostly nonwhite city team joined the Bay State Conference almost 12 years ago, predominantly white suburban teams have been leaving.

The first was Hingham. When the Boston Raiders of Roxbury joined, Hingham team officials said they did not want to travel to the city, conference officials say. Over the years, as teams from Dorchester, Mission Hill, Mattapan, and the South End joined the conference, officials say, teams from Scituate, Randolph, Dedham, and Braintree left. The exodus last month was the biggest to date.

2. Nutonce

Nutonce Member

no surprise this is America. too many pussies. fuck them.

11 year old popped in the chest? damn though.

3. Pfffffffffft

Pfffffffffft Moderator Crew

such bullshit..

another reason why i hate white people...
    these people get too comfortable with their surrounding and
    expect everyone around them to cater to their needs...

if you expose your kids to a little more than acoustic gutiars, tevas, abercrombie and surf boards then the kids would have an understanding of other cultures besides white culture..

they are just mad because these ghetto black kids had the home field advantage..i can just see it now...all these rich fucks driving their BMW SUVs and shit to the "bad side of town" for the game....

such garbage..
    yes its racism
    or they were intimidated...but isnt that the point in sports?

4. fatalist

fatalist Dirty Dozen Crew

I wish i can lock these kids in a room and force them to listen to Bone Thugs.

5. MAGS156

MAGS156 Senior Member

fuckin white people if they don't win they take there ball and go home

this one is lookin bad for my race

I'm going to have to agree this is pure racism play music too loud? thats what you do to warm up! hit too hard? its football asshole

6. Scrabble

Scrabble Member

Is it just me, or has everyone here started hating/getting tired of white people all of a sudden?
    Is there more than 3 nonwhite people in Channel Zero now?
    Is it just some joke that im not in on?
    Or maybe its just me.

7. Overtime

Overtime Dirty Dozen Crew

im gettin tired of everytime a white person does something, a nonewhite person can automatically go "i think its racist" and it be valid...thats total bullshit. I like black people, asians, mexicans, everything, but just like white people, tthose others piss me off as individuals, not as a race, but automatically, RACIST!

8. MAGS156

MAGS156 Senior Member

this sounds pritty racist
    and thats from a white boy in freshchester

9. BobTheBuilder.

BobTheBuilder. New Jack

Don't like this country? You can move the fuck out. Perhaps you would rather be living in Africa living in a fucking straw hut and getting bitten by snakes and other shit. If you're Hispanic... no one brought you here, you came on your own accord. Shut the fuck up and move the fuck out or move out and shut the fuck up.

Once you have kids you might not want them to play in areas which 11 year olds get shot playing games.

Im tired of people playing the same fucking racial card over and over again and trying to integrate it into every fucking part of life.

Just because you don't mind fucked up neighborhoods does not mean others don't.

10. Overtime

Don't like this country? You can move the fuck out. Perhaps you would rather be living in Africa living in a fucking straw hut and getting bitten by snakes and other shit. If you're Hispanic... no one brought you here, you came on your own accord. Shut the fuck up and move the fuck out or move out and shut the fuck up.

Once you have kids you might not want them to play in areas which 11 year olds get shot playing games.

Im tired of people playing the same fucking racial card over and over again and trying to integrate it into every fucking part of life.

Just because you don't mind fucked up neighborhoods does not mean others don't.
    [post=3987837]Quoted post[/post]​
    [/b][/quote]

he's actually white....

but yeah, its odd how "i dont want to go to a neighborhood to a field where a child got shot in the chest" automatically means "i dont want to play against black people, fuckin blacks"

11. Scrabble

Scrabble Member

derrrr....I think, in your bling rage, you quoted the wrong damn post. Pffft didnt say anything about America.

*directed at the builderman

12. Pfffffffffft

Pfffffffffft Moderator Crew

bob--

you start your post with "dont like this country?"

when did i say i didnt like this country?

everything i said makes sense..white people are spoiled.

13. Overtime

black people are spoiled....

14. BobTheBuilder.

BobTheBuilder. New Jack

Sounds like you don't like the way this country is run.

"another reason why i hate white people..."

At the same time you're trying to argue racism is stupid?

Point fucking is, if i make enough money to live in the suburbs I don't want my kid playing in the fucking ghetto where I worked my ass off to get out of.

15. Scrabble

Scrabble Member

i still dont get what rap music has to do with any of this.