Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Live8

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by MrJackDaniels, Jun 9, 2005.

1. MrJackDaniels

MrJackDaniels Member

The official website
    to coincide with the g8 conference bob geldof (i think its him) is organising these fuck off concerts to help bring attention to Africa and their problems.

im based in the uk, and the press have been all over this. to get tickets apparntly you have to answer a simple question, by text message (which cost £1.50 to spend). you are then entered in a draw to win one of 150,000 tickets. i heard some silly stories about how there were over 170,000 texts an HOUR going in at one point. fuck me.

its 20 years on from live aid, i think.

i think dudes wants to organise a mass boat trip to france across the english channel to pick up protestors from normandy, d day style.

thoughts, ideas and discussions.

2. MrJackDaniels

MrJackDaniels Member

cmon people, fix up.
    this is important shit.

get involved

3. oneeightyone

oneeightyone Senior Member

the only thing that changes the mind of powerful men is money.

i used to be down for causes, but i found that they dont do much but give the news a good story for the day.

4. courtorder

courtorder Senior Member

im really confused about all of this.

5. GnomeToys

GnomeToys Elite Member

Isn't the world already horribly overpopulated? Do we really need to save every life? I know that sounds bad, but everybody is going to fucking die in 50 years if we don't stop breeding and start respecting the planet.

6. T.T Boy

T.T Boy Dirty Dozen Crew

i miss it by like 6 days, i wish i could see it. the circus maximus venue is going to be fucking bonkers....

7. MrJackDaniels

MrJackDaniels Member

wow...just heard this on bbc news...

(taken from bbc.co.uk/news)

"G8 reaches deal for world's poor

The main beneficiaries of the deal could be Africa's poor
    The world's eight richest countries have reached a debt relief deal to help the world's poorest nations.
    The move provides relief for 18 nations, mostly in Africa, freeing up revenue for spending on health, education and development.

The agreement was announced at a meeting of G8 finance ministers in London on Saturday.

Britain, which will host a summit of G8 leaders next month, has vowed to make poverty reduction a priority.

The plan, which was devised by the UK, secured the backing of the US administration on Friday - paving the way for its adoption at the London meeting.

Conditions

Under the deal, the World Bank, the International Monetary Fund and the African Development Fund will write off 100% of the money owed to them by 18 nations.

This is not a time for timidity, this is a time for boldness

Gordon Brown
    UK chancellor of the exchequer

Q&A: African debt deal
    List of high-debt countries
    Announcing the deal, UK Chancellor of the Exchequer Gordon Brown said up to 20 others countries could be eligible if they meet strict targets for good governance and tackling corruption.

The total package could be worth than US$55bn.

"This is not a time for timidity, this is a time for boldness," Mr Brown said."

8. MrJackDaniels

MrJackDaniels Member

fucking hell people FIX UP. this is important shit (especially as some of you on the board suit the cliched "down with government, capiatlist pigs" stereotype).

^^who missed that?

9. the_gooch

the_gooch 12oz Loyalist

i remember watching the original, queen rocked shit. the led zep reunion was sick too. the london line up looks good, but the rest are so so. the original had so many better bands, but i know that isn't the point of the show.

10. MrJackDaniels

MrJackDaniels Member

11. CamAlmighty

CamAlmighty Senior Member

Yea I saw the ad for the ticket lottery when I was drunk so entered. Bit pissed off it cost £1.50 but it's a good cause so I let them off.
    Dunno if I won though.

Bob Geldof has got some good ideas but he has to be one of the most annoying people on the planet.

12. MIZZaBcfly

MIZZaBcfly Member

"i'm tired of being mr. africa"-Bob Geldof

imo hes a fucking langer

13. Weapon X

Weapon X 12oz Loyalist

I heard Pink Floyd is gonna reunionize for this. Any truth to this?

14. MisPantalonesEstaEnfuega

MisPantalonesEstaEnfuega Veteran Member

this is just a good opertunity for those dirty terrorists to strike.

I don't give a shit about any benefit. i was just hyped to see jay z in philly for free but thinking about it, it probably wont be worth it.

ahh.

15. T.T Boy

T.T Boy Dirty Dozen Crew

floyd

yeah, looks like they are reuniting for this.
    the parul mccartney bit is good too, saw him in rome 2 summers back, and was amazed. bring your spliffs for the floyd show....