is it me or am i living in the wrong future?

freightster

i grew up watching cartoons like the "jetsons" and movies like "back to the future" where in the year 2000 there are supposed to be floating cars and hoverboards. i am supposed to be living in a pod-like structure on top of high stilts in the sky and running on a treadmill outside. firestone and exxon/valdez obviously had more clout in congress than nasa and boeing did in the eighties. we should be living on the moon by now and i want some freeze-dried beer for gods sakes!!!!!!! im just ranting, but really. i spend more money on my car than rent, school and groceries combined. am i destined to drive a piece of shit car for the rest of my life??? fuck, i never never get the pussy! i want a goddamn hoverboard like marty mcfly, not some jalopy that gets me pulled over before i get to school or work. im just thoroughly frustrated with gas prices, redlight cameras, shister-ass repairmen, nissan and the police. there is nothing i can do, without an adequate public transit system in this city im am completely dependant on my FUCKING car!!!! im probably gonna die in a car accident on the way home from school tonight for spouting out such blasphmey, the car-gods are gonna have fun with me tonight. well, im done. KILL YOUR CAR!!! :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by SteveAustin@Oct 12 2004, 04:43 PM

For now, you can buy those shoes with roller blades inside of them.

man, and I cant believe they took this great idea and made it so crappy, not even 10 year old like those things!!

inlines is like the opposite, it was a crappy idea and they made it really fucking good.

hydrogen cars are poppin up, and sportsbike motorcycle sales are through the roof.. flat tv screens are also booming, dvds have become the norm, and if it counts for anything, suburbans are moving back into the cities, call it reverse white flight or gentrification, either way, its happening. The Sears Tower is literally scraping the sky cause of how tall that shit is, I guess thats futuristic. drugs are more diverse than ever, even beer is taking new forms, like the crappy heineken mini keg cans. our cell phones are small as hell, and they take pictures and some even record short movies. mp3s are the new cd players. chrome rims are now spinning in place!, who the fuck wouldve thought of that shit!?

mmmmmm...heineken.

yadda yadda yadda, Ill continue later

Just think about it like this. Everyone is living in the wrong future. I was watching some old ass scifi flick and everything was based like 40 years in the future. I think it was set in 1980. Haha. I love it when the future turns out to be way crappier than they predict it. Personally I cant believe im still shaving with conventional cream and 3 bladed razors.

Originally posted by mr.yuck@Oct 13 2004, 07:31 AM

Just think about it like this. Everyone is living in the wrong future. I was watching some old ass scifi flick and everything was based like 40 years in the future. I think it was set in 1980. Haha. I love it when the future turns out to be way crappier than they predict it. Personally I cant believe im still shaving with conventional cream and 3 bladed razors.

they have the schick quatro now...4 fucking blades man!!!! shave all the way down to the dermis!!!!

im just saying that new "innovations" are just a farce and the real technology is being held back by large corporations until their materials are exhausted. we dont have hover cars cause there is still a decent supply of oil to deplete. when the drums are empty and gas prices are close to $10 a gallon, we will experience a large scale influx of hydrogen and electric cars, not this pinner-ass honda hybrid shit.

my point is that we are being robbed by large corporations that alter our future in the direction that they choose; we the consumers have no say. we stay content with our flat screen tv's, dvd's and mp3's, midget phones, our stupid-ass spinny rims (thanks alot three-six mafia) and get drunk off our heineken mini-kegs which, by the way, taste like shit compared to becks. americans are an appathetic culture and i dont expect anyone to get off their ass and protest, but there is one way to stay true to our complacent nature and still reject this joke of a future that we were dealt...its called boycott. it's the least we can do, but it has the most significant impact. just dont purchase all this crap, and take public transportation (how fucking easy is that? you dont even have to pay attention to the road, that is true laziness).

think about it, if no one purchased any products then companies would be like "what the fuck???" they will want to know why we arent buying anything and they might even ask us why. then we tell them "I WANT MY HOVER CAR DAMNIT!!!!!!!!!"

...i don't care too much about all the little gadgets (...hover cars included)...but what about the future we learned about in elementary school science classes...where there wasn't going to be pollution anymore...and we'd have solar power...and they were going to burn trash to heat homes...and be able to make all water drinkable...i remember watching tons of these videos and having shit like this in my books...

...yeah maybe hover cars too...and those airtubes that can shoot us around the city in a matter of seconds like on futurama...

Originally posted by freightster@Oct 11 2004, 07:07 PM

i grew up watching cartoons like the "jetsons" and movies like "back to the future" where in the year 2000 there are supposed to be floating cars and hoverboards. i am supposed to be living in a pod-like structure on top of high stilts in the sky and running on a treadmill outside. firestone and exxon/valdez obviously had more clout in congress than nasa and boeing did in the eighties. we should be living on the moon by now and i want some freeze-dried beer for gods sakes!!!!!!! im just ranting, but really. i spend more money on my car than rent, school and groceries combined. am i destined to drive a piece of shit car for the rest of my life??? fuck, i never never get the pussy! i want a goddamn hoverboard like marty mcfly, not some jalopy that gets me pulled over before i get to school or work. im just thoroughly frustrated with gas prices, redlight cameras, shister-ass repairmen, nissan and the police. there is nothing i can do, without an adequate public transit system in this city im am completely dependant on my FUCKING car!!!! im probably gonna die in a car accident on the way home from school tonight for spouting out such blasphmey, the car-gods are gonna have fun with me tonight. well, im done. KILL YOUR CAR!!! :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

hahaha......you are probably somewhere the same age as I am.....the only thing is that I've always be stoked on "old shit"......hahaha.....I've restored almost 30 cars from the 60's and the early 70's(back to stock...yes....whitewall tires and hubcaps).....and rock tons of 70's gear with fur "pop-collars" and whatever......I wish I wasn't almost 30.....I wish I was as old as my Pops......so I could have lived though that era when it actually happened.......but oh well......hahaha......it's about being yourself and not giving fuck what other people think.......so with that.....stay up and have fun doing whatever your're doing...peace.

Archived