Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

IPOD FUCKED. CONTEMPLATING SUICIDE.

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by MartiansOnMeth, Feb 25, 2005.

1. MartiansOnMeth

MartiansOnMeth New Jack

just kidding.

but really, are there any other idiots here who fucked up their ipod and actually had a GOOD experience with the asshole support people?

i dropped mine in a glass of stoli yesterday. yeah haha laugh it up fuckers. at first it wouldn't work at all, but after letting it dry out a while, it plays music (which i am currently listening to), all the buttons and the click wheel work, the backlight works, but the LCD stays blank (there's fucking visible drops of vodka under the screen. fuck.).

i did some research on the ipod support forums, and everyone their who busted their ipod said they were out of luck, since the warranty doesn't cover "accidents, misuse, abuse, mishandling" blah blah blah. fuck that shit. did anyone here luck out and get a new (free) one even though it was clearly your fault that your ipod is broken?

and forget the freeipods.com crap. i know it's legit, but i'mm pretty sure they removed the ebay offer as one of the options, and now none of the offers are free anymore. someone correct me if i'm wrong.

EDIT: LECTURES ON USING EXPENSIVE GEAR WHILE INTOXICATED ARE NOT WELCOME.

2. swif1

swif1 Veteran Member

Listen jackass, there are NO companies out there that have their warranty cover misuse, accidents,abuse, etc. It's your fault that you had it around vodka. It's good that you realized (expensive) electronic products don't go too well when liquids are around-especially alcohol. It's sort of taboo, I suppose.

Lets not try to scam, because that shit isn't going to work unless you bought the extended warranty at Bestbuy.

P.S. Why bother contemplating suicide? Contemplating suicide is for the weak. Just abort yourself already. This may encourage Tease to do the same so it's a win-win situation.

3. GLIK$

GLIK$ Dirty Dozen Crew

holy ragin' aZn!

4. deterrent

deterrent Veteran Member

Actually Best Buys warrent cover all of those. When ever my phone is getting old or I want
    a different one I break it and bring it in. I've done it 5 times in the past 6 years.

Find out what your warrenty it does cover and fuck it up that way. If you can't figure out
    what to do, home owners insurance and renters insurance covers electronic mishaps. Talk
    to your friends that know about electrics and find a way to send to much into the ipod
    there for frying it.

5. GLIK$

GLIK$ Dirty Dozen Crew

The Best Buy warrenty is fucking wicked.

Anytime there's an upgraded model of my laptop, I find the smallest problem with it, or I'll drop it, and baddabing $100 for a new top of the line laptop.

6. deterrent

deterrent Veteran Member

Word, I love them.

They need to start carrying Macs

7. swif1

swif1 Veteran Member

<!--QuoteBegin-swif1
    @Feb 25 2005, 10:49 AM

Lets not try to scam, because that shit isn't going to work unless you bought the extended warranty at Bestbuy.

[post=3848563]Quoted post[/post]​
    [/quote]

This is why companies get more strict on their return policies. I don't give a shit, but I just wanted to point that out. If anything, buy the performance guarantee rather than breaking your phone intentionally (assuming the PRP is covered for phones).

Random thought: Certain countries offer 90% interest when you put your money into a savings. I wonder why.

8. GLIK$

GLIK$ Dirty Dozen Crew

and cars, cuz if i could get a 4 year warranty on a car from best buy, id be driving like a motherfucker 3 years and 360 days into that shit.

9. GLIK$

GLIK$ Dirty Dozen Crew

10. swif1

swif1 Veteran Member

It's the a-z-n, nigga fuck the rest//

11. MartiansOnMeth

MartiansOnMeth New Jack

hmmmmmm

the ipod was a gift, so im gonna have to ask the giver if they got the bestbuy warranty. oooh how awkward. haha.

also, do the bestbuy warranties have the item's serial number on record? probably so huh. fuck.

oh and swif, chill out rice rocket...the first 2 words of this thread are "just joking."

12. seeking

seeking Dirty Dozen Crew

let it dry out for a few days, hopefully you wont be able to see any water spots, then take it in to an apple store and say the screen just stopped working. since the rest of the thing works, you have a decent chance of them just fixing it. if not, if you look around on the web, you can find new screens that you can put in yourself (i believe) for $50 bucks or so.
    all hope is not lost.

and yes, the best buy warranty is the joint. regardless of what's been said, NO warranty covers abuse and mistreatement, that would just be retarded on their part, but best buy has a pretty good track record when it comes to just fixing stuff without asking too many questions.

13. swif1

swif1 Veteran Member

They actually might scan the model number. If not then you're kosher. Depending on the product, a window would pop up on the moniter asking the register to scan the model number. That, in turn, will have the model number printed on the receipt (and possibly in the system, as well).

Just buy a new one and switch the iPods. Just make sure there isn't a model number on the iPod (unless it's inside). If that's the case and you're a paranoid nigga like me, purchase it with cash to avoid traces.

14. KYU

KYU Member

the fuck is so good about ipods in the first place

15. MartiansOnMeth

MartiansOnMeth New Jack

what fucking rock did you crawl out from under

*thanks for the info...i'll figure something out