IPOD FUCKED. CONTEMPLATING SUICIDE.

MartiansOnMeth

just kidding.

but really, are there any other idiots here who fucked up their ipod and actually had a GOOD experience with the asshole support people?

i dropped mine in a glass of stoli yesterday. yeah haha laugh it up fuckers. at first it wouldn't work at all, but after letting it dry out a while, it plays music (which i am currently listening to), all the buttons and the click wheel work, the backlight works, but the LCD stays blank (there's fucking visible drops of vodka under the screen. fuck.).

i did some research on the ipod support forums, and everyone their who busted their ipod said they were out of luck, since the warranty doesn't cover "accidents, misuse, abuse, mishandling" blah blah blah. fuck that shit. did anyone here luck out and get a new (free) one even though it was clearly your fault that your ipod is broken?

and forget the freeipods.com crap. i know it's legit, but i'mm pretty sure they removed the ebay offer as one of the options, and now none of the offers are free anymore. someone correct me if i'm wrong.

EDIT: LECTURES ON USING EXPENSIVE GEAR WHILE INTOXICATED ARE NOT WELCOME.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by MartiansOnMeth@Feb 25 2005, 10:38 AM

the warranty doesn't cover "accidents, misuse, abuse, mishandling"

Listen jackass, there are NO companies out there that have their warranty cover misuse, accidents,abuse, etc. It's your fault that you had it around vodka. It's good that you realized (expensive) electronic products don't go too well when liquids are around-especially alcohol. It's sort of taboo, I suppose.

Lets not try to scam, because that shit isn't going to work unless you bought the extended warranty at Bestbuy.

P.S. Why bother contemplating suicide? Contemplating suicide is for the weak. Just abort yourself already. This may encourage Tease to do the same so it's a win-win situation.

Actually Best Buys warrent cover all of those. When ever my phone is getting old or I want

a different one I break it and bring it in. I've done it 5 times in the past 6 years.

Find out what your warrenty it does cover and fuck it up that way. If you can't figure out

what to do, home owners insurance and renters insurance covers electronic mishaps. Talk

to your friends that know about electrics and find a way to send to much into the ipod

there for frying it.

Originally posted by deterrent+Feb 25 2005, 10:58 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (deterrent - Feb 25 2005, 10:58 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>Actually Best Buys warrent cover all of those.

[/b]

<!--QuoteBegin-swif1@Feb 25 2005, 10:49 AM

Lets not try to scam, because that shit isn't going to work unless you bought the extended warranty at Bestbuy.

Whenever my phone is getting old or I want

a different one I break it and bring it in. I've done it 5 times in the past 6 years.

This is why companies get more strict on their return policies. I don't give a shit, but I just wanted to point that out. If anything, buy the performance guarantee rather than breaking your phone intentionally (assuming the PRP is covered for phones).

Random thought: Certain countries offer 90% interest when you put your money into a savings. I wonder why.

let it dry out for a few days, hopefully you wont be able to see any water spots, then take it in to an apple store and say the screen just stopped working. since the rest of the thing works, you have a decent chance of them just fixing it. if not, if you look around on the web, you can find new screens that you can put in yourself (i believe) for $50 bucks or so.

all hope is not lost.

and yes, the best buy warranty is the joint. regardless of what's been said, NO warranty covers abuse and mistreatement, that would just be retarded on their part, but best buy has a pretty good track record when it comes to just fixing stuff without asking too many questions.

They actually might scan the model number. If not then you're kosher. Depending on the product, a window would pop up on the moniter asking the register to scan the model number. That, in turn, will have the model number printed on the receipt (and possibly in the system, as well).

Just buy a new one and switch the iPods. Just make sure there isn't a model number on the iPod (unless it's inside). If that's the case and you're a paranoid nigga like me, purchase it with cash to avoid traces.

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by swif1+Feb 25 2005, 07:49 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (swif1 - Feb 25 2005, 07:49 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by MartiansOnMeth@Feb 25 2005, 10:38 AM

the warranty doesn't cover "accidents, misuse, abuse, mishandling"

Listen jackass, there are NO companies out there that have their warranty cover misuse, accidents,abuse, etc. It's your fault that you had it around vodka. It's good that you realized (expensive) electronic products don't go too well when liquids are around-especially alcohol. It's sort of taboo, I suppose.

P.S. Why bother contemplating suicide? Contemplating suicide is for the weak. Just abort yourself already. This may encourage Tease to do the same so it's a win-win situation.

[/b]

damn so some love. ive been drunk and droped shit. shit sucks. sorry i can help.

<!--QuoteBegin-Glik0@Feb 25 2005, 07:52 AM

holy ragin' aZn!

hahahahahahaha so fuckin funny. im gonna be sayin that for days