Glenn Danzig, One hit wonder?

EyeforAnEYE

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

there are a lot of stupid people that post on B9

In relation to this video, I think Danzig should just eat all of the North Side Kings brains. Do you know exactly what happened? something to do with Danzig telling them they would play after him, but then after Danzig finished his set, danzigs crew started to take the stage apart or something?

here is something.

GLENN DANZIG Gets 'Knocked Out' By NORTH SIDE KINGS Singer Following Arizona Gig - July 4, 2004

DANZIG frontman Glenn Danzig allegedly got into a scuffle with NORTH SIDE KINGS singer and frequent SOULFLY collaborator Danny Marianinho following DANZIG's performance in Tuba City, Arizona Saturday night (July 3). The following is Marianinho's official statement regarding the incident, as sent to BLABBERMOUTH.NET:

"Before crazy rumors begin to spread I would like to explain what happened:

"NORTH SIDE KINGS (web site) were to play with DANZIG last night in Tuba City, Arizona. To make a long story short the whole show was a disaster and a few bands got bumped off. Mr. Danzig (or his management??) refused to push back the original scheduled time slot so NORTH SIDE KINGS and RAPID FIRE would have to play 'after' his set. Whatever — we agreed to play later because we drove 6 hours and didn't feel like going home without playing.

"Needless to say, as soon as DANZIG was finished, the venue turned on the lights and DANZIG's crew and the staging company began to take the stage apart almost instantly. I confronted Mr. Danzig backstage while he was signing autographs and told him I thought he was an asshole because of his 'rock star' attitude and no consideration towards the FEW other bands that got bumped off tonight. In a fit of rage he turned around and slammed me into the wall yelling 'Fuck you, motherfucker,' trying to be a big, tough guy in front of his fans. I, in self-defense, punched him in the face, knocking him out as he was attacking me again. He went down, bleeding from his mouth, eyes rolled back, and in shock that he got knocked to the floor so quickly.

"A friend happened to tape the entire incident and this is all documented. Many witnesses saw him attack me, and I did what any man would do.

"It was unfortunate that this went the way it did — and I hoped Glenn Danzig learned a valuable lesson tonight: Do not lay your hands on anyone unless you can handle what may happen.

"I apologize for nothing, except for the poor little kids that had to witness this big asshole get his ass kicked in a matter of seconds..."

You know, after watching the clip and reading that article i totally agree with the guy from NSK, its fucked up for Danzig (or his managmnet) to push a couple bands back and then not let them play at all and then for him to have the nerve to tell the guy off when he has a right to be pissed, not to mention the guy from NSK was totally calm, Danzig started it... and sadly it looks like he came no where near finishing it.

Originally posted by MisPantalonesEstaEnfuega

Why isn't seeking all over this defending Danzig's honor?

umm....i guess because dude got knocked the fuck out, and no amount of defending him can change that. ha. plus, he did deserve it. i have no idea who the other band was, but the dude was huge, and he was being pretty civil, and danzig did push him for no reason what so ever.

if the other dude had just been flexing on glen, and then knocked him out, you could always call it a sucker punch or something, say that dude was being a tough guy, whatever, but glen flat out shoved him out of no where. note to glen, you might be bulky, but you're 5'6" and 43 years old. chill with that.

i spose i look at it this way...this dude from NSK knocked out the leader of one of the greatest bands in the history of modern music....for the rest of his life, nothing he ever does will approach the importance of one single punch.

ill take changing history over being big any day of the week.

(glen really shouldnt have fucked with dude though. not a great call on his part)

it did make for some top viewing...you could almost hear the cogs turning in glenns brain thinking, shit i'm getting shown up here, better launch some authority, as i am danzig after all...i guess i'm going to have to draw bloody noses over all my misfits skulls now.

Archived