Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Film Developers: Can They Be Trusted?

Discussion in 'Third Rail' started by loafybrown, Apr 27, 2006.

1. loafybrown

loafybrown New Jack

Film Developers
    Can They Be Trusted?

Has anyone heard of film developers of disposable cameras submitting copies of photos and film to the police?

Isn't this illegal for them to do, and even once the police had the photos and your information it couldn't be used against you right?

2. Strudel

Strudel New Jack

It'll be counted as stolen evidence probably, so it wil be struck from the court records. But the thing is from that point on the police will have their eye on you no matterwhat :p

3. Smart

Smart Dirty Dozen Crew

of disposable cameras? Do you have to send those off somewhere? If it's in your town then... be wary, however...

It's not against the law to take pictures, for the most part. If you have action flicks and people's faces on the roll then I would be very careful where you get it developed. Probably some faceless guy in a mail-order lab doesn't care at all. Some lady behind the counter at WalMart might freak out but, like I said, if it's just pictures of pieces and stuff then it's just photojournalism, wether the cops come or not. Stick to the story that you like the 'art' and it's your right to photograph it.

On the flip side, if you have shots of heads actually painting then that could be evidence of a crime. In that case they can hand your flicks to the Cops and the cops CAN use them against you.

This is a pretty grey area type issue but basically the black and white of it is what I explained. Just go to WalMart or where ever and chat up the girl behind the counter for a sec, see how she seems and trust your gut.

4. Gunm

Gunm Banned

I have a solution....

Start saving your pennies and buy a digital camera that has photodock capabilities and of course, a photodock printer. This way you can print all your photos at home without worry of coming under fire from snooping photo developers.

You'll also save money by not getting absolute crap photos printed.

I mean...disposable cameras? people still use those? What is this....the dark ages?

5. skirmfirm

skirmfirm Elite Member

There more reliable than digitals, and if you have to dump it its not gonna be so bad.

6. Thought Wrong

Thought Wrong Member

7. loafybrown

loafybrown New Jack

these disposable cameras i had were from two years ago. although i'm still worried about mother fuckering rats trying to inform pigs thus putting heat on me. i might just be being paranoid though.

i mean, it's not like they keep copies of customer's photos or are allowed to share customer photos with third parties or whatever by law right?

8. MOE-LESTER

MOE-LESTER Banned

damn get yourself a digi. shits not that expensive these days

9. rolling nowhere

rolling nowhere Elite Member

'not that expensive" can be pretty expensive to some people who dont have money to burn.
    i am paranoid abuot getting flicks developed too. someone im aquatined with got the cops on their ass because of it.
    i remember a lot of years ago i had maybe 10 rolls of benched freights and the chick asked me..did you do all those????
    haha.

10. loafybrown

loafybrown New Jack

nah i'd rather take a dump on your face..
    cus i poo cameras not caca

11. _nightcrawler

_nightcrawler Elite Member

Where not living in the 90s anymore. Invest in a digital camera. Its worth it.
    And them taking copies of your photos are illegal. BUT them taking pictures of your pictures arnt.

12. loafybrown

loafybrown New Jack

actually, I've already got a digital camera. who doesn't?
    the disposables i'm worried about though are from two to three years ago when I didn't have one. yet still.

disposables are rackable.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2006
  13. Smart

Smart Dirty Dozen Crew

2 year old photos are probably way beyond the statute of limitations... just try it, don't be all shook.

14. rattleytins

rattleytins Member

pay a female friend who isnt interested in graff the money to go and get them developed

15. !@#$%

[email protected]#$% Moderator Crew

geez are you that scurred?
    what are the photos of?

unless YOU are IN a shitload of the pictures painting shit up, what does it actually even prove?
    in ten years of going to developers, then onto online uploading for digi prints, i have not yet had any issues with this