could life get any better than this????

BIG T

HOLLYWOOD, California (Reuters) -- After more than a decade of silence, "Indiana Jones" will be cracking his famous bullwhip on the big screen once again.

Variety reports Frank Darabont, the writer/director of "The Majestic," has been offered the job of writing the fourth installment of the "Indiana Jones" franchise and a deal is expected to be signed imminently. Paramount insiders say the picture will be aimed at a July 2005 holiday weekend berth.

The road to a "Jones" sequel has been long and twisting since the trio of producer George Lucas, Steven Spielberg and topliner Harrison Ford agreed in 1993 to make a fourth picture.

Lucas previously courted "The Sixth Sense" writer/director M. Night Shyamalan and "Shakespeare in Love" co-writer Tom Stoppard to write the screenplay. Now Darabont is expected to take control and knock out a screenplay for a story that was hatched by Lucas and given a thumbs-up by both Spielberg and Ford.

Darabont has been Oscar-nominated twice for his writing -- in 1995 for his adaptation of "The Shawshank Redemption" and in 2000 for "The Green Mile."

While not the first, Darabont is likely the most qualified to do the job: Aside from a long association with Lucas and Spielberg, Darabont has experience with the Joneses. He wrote several episodes of the 1992-93 TV series "The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles," as well as several editions of the Sean Patrick Flanery-toplined pictures "The Adventures of Young Indiana Jones."

In 1996, he penned the series "Young Indiana Jones Travels With Father" for Lucas with longtime Lucas collaborator Jonathan Hales, with whom Lucas wrote "Star Wars: Episode II -- Attack of the Clones."

More recently, Spielberg and Darabont worked together on the screenplay for the upcoming Tom Cruise starrer "Minority Report," and while Darabont's work is uncredited, the two are understood to have expressed an interest in working together again more formally. The next "Jones" seemed a good fit.

Dating back to 1981, the Indiana Jones pictures have produced more than $1.2 billion in worldwide theatrical grosses.

"Raiders of the Lost Ark" raked in $432 million, while followups "Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom" and "Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade" harvested $348 million, and $418 million, respectively.

:eek: :eek:

INDIANA motherfuckin JONES! yes!

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest imported_El Mamerro

Well, he DID drink from the Holy Grail, which means eternal life... What's the fun in another movie if he can't die? Beer,

El Mamerro

Guest --zeSto--

that's a good point!

Indy will have to join the Highlander series.

(good thing Sean Connery is already a member)

just wait untill you see the movie version of 'Master and Commander'

staring Russel Crowe. It's going to be fucking incredible !

Originally posted by El Mamerro

Well, he DID drink from the Holy Grail, which means eternal life... What's the fun in another movie if he can't die? Beer,

El Mamerro

yeah where is the danger in all his crazy stunts if he is goona live forever reguardless.... that is a very valid point you have there

Naah. the grail's power only works if you stay behind the seal. That's why when they tried to take it, shit got FUCKED up, yo.

Seriously, I'm happy to hear that they're bringing indy back, but I'm going to write up some hate mail dated 2005 just in case. They better not fuck this up. They better not. I'm now going to retire to eat my lunch and watch The Ice Storm. Christina Ricci=bongggg...

Guest KING BLING
Originally posted by BIG T

Lucas previously courted "The Sixth Sense" writer/director M. Night Shyamalan and "Shakespeare in Love" co-writer Tom Stoppard to write the screenplay. Now Darabont is expected to take control and knock out a screenplay for a story that was hatched by Lucas and given a thumbs-up by both Spielberg and Ford.

Why the fuck would they take out one of the best modern Directors-M. Night Shyamalan and the writer of Shakespeare in Love and Rosencrantz & Guildenstern Are Dead - Tom Stoppard to replace it with a guy who contributed to a crappy sitcom and George Lucas who only thinks he can write......it almost had a chance

oh dear, here comes the rant

Originally posted by beardo

BOOO... leave it alone... its perfect as it is.

yeah. Jesus, the film and music industries are just cranking out re-done shit. Internet piracy killing them? Hell no, fucking source material piracy!

Oh, the original creator/author/artist is involved/given their blessing/ has recieved huge wads of cash for the rights? That's ok then.....

No it fucking isn't! Quit choking out ANY chance for true creativity to make some money! Stop just settling for the pre-tested sure-thing!

This rant ESPECIALLY applies to the following:

Bored of the Rings

Gone in 60 Seconds

Spiderman

Cruel Intentions

She's All That

Rollerball

Ocean's Eleven

X-men

Shakespeare in Love (lets face it, its a crap hodge-podge of broken Shakepeare plots. do it right or get off his nuts)

Shaft

Planet of the Apes

Psycho

Meet Joe Black

Clueless

this isn't even including various lack-lustre sequels. Yes, I know I left out Star Wars. At least that began with these subsequent films in mind...........

I haven't got the heart to even attempt a serious music industry list. So many songs sample a memorable riff on its own and call the song something else, like its theirs. But some on my First Against the Wall List are:

Angel - Shaggy. not one rip off but two.

(don't know) - Atomic Kitten. also two rips

All I want is you - Bellefire. I hate U2 for selling them the rights. awful

everything boy bands do

Tainted Love - Manson (don't make me hate you, Marc Almond's was a fairly interesting re-interpretation.)

Every mother fucking rap song with whole riff samples. You know who you are

Walking Away - Craig David. Its One by U2. I cant believe he tried to get away without paying the royalties. On that note...

Bittersweet Symphony - The Verve.

These are not "re-interpretations". That would imply that you would aproach them from an angle you believe is present in the material = but not explored.

Don't swallow that bullshit about piracy hurting small artists the worst - the industry is doing a great job on its own on that count. Rip ALL your cds, tape movies from rental. Support your local bands. Bring down the industry - its closer than you think.

ok I'm done.............

Re: oh dear, here comes the rant

Originally posted by bodice_ripper

yeah. Jesus, the film and music industries are just cranking out re-done shit. Internet piracy killing them? Hell no, fucking source material piracy!

Oh, the original creator/author/artist is involved/given their blessing/ has recieved huge wads of cash for the rights? That's ok then.....

No it fucking isn't! Quit choking out ANY chance for true creativity to make some money! Stop just settling for the pre-tested sure-thing!

This rant ESPECIALLY applies to the following:

Bored of the Rings

Gone in 60 Seconds

Spiderman

Cruel Intentions

She's All That

Rollerball

Ocean's Eleven

X-men

Shakespeare in Love (lets face it, its a crap hodge-podge of broken Shakepeare plots. do it right or get off his nuts)

Shaft

Planet of the Apes

Psycho

Meet Joe Black

Clueless

this isn't even including various lack-lustre sequels. Yes, I know I left out Star Wars. At least that began with these subsequent films in mind...........

I haven't got the heart to even attempt a serious music industry list. So many songs sample a memorable riff on its own and call the song something else, like its theirs. But some on my First Against the Wall List are:

Angel - Shaggy. not one rip off but two.

(don't know) - Atomic Kitten. also two rips

All I want is you - Bellefire. I hate U2 for selling them the rights. awful

everything boy bands do

Tainted Love - Manson (don't make me hate you, Marc Almond's was a fairly interesting re-interpretation.)

Every mother fucking rap song with whole riff samples. You know who you are

Walking Away - Craig David. Its One by U2. I cant believe he tried to get away without paying the royalties. On that note...

Bittersweet Symphony - The Verve.

These are not "re-interpretations". That would imply that you would aproach them from an angle you believe is present in the material = but not explored.

Don't swallow that bullshit about piracy hurting small artists the worst - the industry is doing a great job on its own on that count. Rip ALL your cds, tape movies from rental. Support your local bands. Bring down the industry - its closer than you think.

ok I'm done.............

calm down.

Archived